crippet is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330
Default Re: Henry Cooper V Audley Harrison

Harrison should win but it's feasible Cooper catches him and knocks him out.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #3
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Harrison would sign it in, it would just be case of if Cooper could get the 'ammer to land.

I think Audley clings on for dear life, and in doing so may cause some damge, but Cooper would suck it up and win comfortable on points, or by late stoppage. For Starters Audley has never heard "Seconds out, round 13"...
TBooze is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I'll lean towards the old timer smaller guy here. Audley was averse to fighting and had little workrate. Even Bonin pushed him all the way. Still though he could catch Cooper coming in with his 245lbs, that saw him KO Danny Williams and Sprott. Or Audley could potentially keep him behind the jab. Cooper would likely respect a bigger man's punches more than smaller men even if Audley rarely punched properly

Still Cooper outwork Audley for a decision, he did push the better Bugner past his own prime
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #5
The Kurgan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 576

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
I'll lean towards the old timer smaller guy here. Audley was averse to fighting and had little workrate. Even Bonin pushed him all the way. Still though he could catch Cooper coming in with his 245lbs, that saw him KO Danny Williams and Sprott. Or Audley could potentially keep him behind the jab. Cooper would likely respect a bigger man's punches more than smaller men even if Audley rarely punched properly

Still Cooper outwork Audley for a decision, he did push the better Bugner past his own prime
Sprott got up to KO Fraudley, and Danny Williams was (a) old, (b) undertrained, and (c) even at his best much easier to hit than Cooper. I'd be amazed if Fraudley could KO Henry.

I'm going by Cooper via wide UD. He had enough power to put A-Farce in a shell and he'd have the footwork and workrate to pick up most of the rounds. Audrey's jab isn't going to bother a contender-level boxer that much, though it was effective at the amateur level.
The Kurgan is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #6
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP

If you are picking Audley here, then you truly value size at the expense of everything else. Yes Harrison has physical advantages on paper, but you are never going to get a much better justification for picking against them.
janitor is online now  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #7
split_decision
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Cooper
split_decision is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #8
Curtis Lowe
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Cooper by KO. Cooper's left hook takes out Harrison.
Curtis Lowe is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #9
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Henry Cooper wins by KO.
It's a terrible mismatch.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #10
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Harrison should win but it's feasible Cooper catches him and knocks him out.
Did you mean to say that or did you get the names muddled up ?
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #11
Colonel Sanders
NSB defector
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by crippet View Post
How would this play out

Massive size weight and reach advantage for Harrison

Could he beat Enery

Cooper, by KO

I think it's a mismatch, and I think this thread is a joke
Colonel Sanders is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #12
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Yeah, Cooper was a small heavyweight but he's still better than Martin Rogan.

Cooper UD or bangs Audley out with the left.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #13
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
Did you mean to say that or did you get the names muddled up ?
Cooper is much more famous for his personality than his skills in the ring. P4P he's probably better than Harrison but against a 40+ size disadvantage I don't see it.

Cooper is a bit better, but Harrison has all the tools to win this bout and it'd be him I'd expect to emerge victorious were the two to ever step in a time machine and lace them up.

Don't get me wrong, Cooper achieved much more and beat better guys than Audley, the only guy of comparable size he faced was Johnny Prescott and he did beat him so who knows.

Cooper wasn't overly consistent and had paper skin. Harrison wasn't overly consistent and had paper heart. Two guys who never belonged above domestic level let alone in title bouts (Unsure how legitimate Our Enry's victory over Folley was).

A good big un beats a good little un and I don't believe Cooper has the a big enough advantage in skill to offset Harrisons advantage in size.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #14
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Cooper is much more famous for his personality than his skills in the ring. P4P he's probably better than Harrison but against a 40+ size disadvantage I don't see it.

Cooper is a bit better, but Harrison has all the tools to win this bout and it'd be him I'd expect to emerge victorious were the two to ever step in a time machine and lace them up.

Don't get me wrong, Cooper achieved much more and beat better guys than Audley, the only guy of comparable size he faced was Johnny Prescott and he did beat him so who knows.

Cooper wasn't overly consistent and had paper skin. Harrison wasn't overly consistent and had paper heart. Two guys who never belonged above domestic level let alone in title bouts (Unsure how legitimate Our Enry's victory over Folley was).

A good big un beats a good little un and I don't believe Cooper has the a big enough advantage in skill to offset Harrisons advantage in size.
I would be the first to admit that Cooper is occasionally over rated because he knocked down Muhammad Ali, but he still has more than enough to beat Harrison.

Cooper for all the flaws in his record, does have tangible achievements at world level. Harrison was never really more than a Commonwealth grade fighter, and he would never have held the European title if he had fought anybody other than Michael Sprott for it.

It is not a case of a good big un against a good little un, it is a borderline Commonwealth level big un against a world level little un.

One big fighter that Cooper did meet who was about two orders of magnitude better than Harrison, is Joe Bugner. Yes he lost the fight, but it was at the tail end of his career, and it was a much better opponent.

Do you really think that Harrison is going to suddenly turn his career round in this fight?
janitor is online now  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #15
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitor View Post
I would be the first to admit that Cooper is occasionally over rated because he knocked down Muhammad Ali, but he still has more than enough to beat Harrison.

Cooper for all the flaws in his record, does have tangible achievements at world level. Harrison was never really more than a Commonwealth grade fighter, and he would never have held the European title if he had fought anybody other than Michael Sprott for it.

It is not a case of a good big un against a good little un, it is a borderline Commonwealth level big un against a world level little un.

One big fighter that Cooper did meet who was about two orders of magnitude better than Harrison, is Joe Bugner. Yes he lost the fight, but it was at the tail end of his career, and it was a much better opponent.

Do you really think that Harrison is going to suddenly turn his career round in this fight?
He fought very well against bugner.

Enry can knock him out buy he can also be knocked out himself.

Audley was at his best against Williams and sprott (first fight). Would enry get back up to land the hail Mary shot? Possible but probable.

I stand by my pick.
lufcrazy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum