Old 10-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #31
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Donaire v Gomez at SBW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Draining him down against a demon like Gomez would probably make me favour Gomez as well tbh.

Fenech walks into a huge Donaire punch and gets sparked.
Don't make yourself look silly now.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #32
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Don't make yourself look silly now.
the fight will never happen but that's what I'd bet on; a donaire ko victory.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #33
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

How much Fenech you seen then luf? Or do you throw money around willy nilly?

And saying 'it will never happen' we all know that, but at least justify your argument.

I'd say summat like; Donaire would employ Jerome Coffee's range boxing and catch Fenech with a left look like Martinez did (at 135)

Fenech mauled both those guys. It took numerous wars and two fights with Azumah Nelson to beat him into a stoppage.

You are mental.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #34
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
How much Fenech you seen then luf? Or do you throw money around willy nilly?
quite a bit actually he's a pretty exciting fighter considering his skill level. Payakaroon is my favourite performance of his but I think I remember someone telling me he was on his death bed or something in that fight?

No not willy nilly, I just think if you come at Donaire relentlessly enough he'll time you with a huge shot and take you out. Again if he loses to someone soon this thread can be bumped and I'll take my lumps but skillwise I think he's one of the best to lace em up. His reflexes, accuracy, power, speed, timing, just all world class imo.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #35
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

I've added more.

Again, when did Fenech look like being taken out? Despite facing many hard punches.

Yes, Samart was weight drained. That fight isn't really relevant here though. Yes, it's at super bantam but stylistically? Anyway, Fenech brutalised Payakaroon.

Anyway, Fenech at 122/126; talk to me.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #36
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

My prediction would be Fenech beating the living shit out of Donaire.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #37
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
I've added more.

Again, when did Fenech look like being taken out? Despite facing many hard punches.

Yes, Samart was weight drained. That fight isn't reay relevant here though.
I can pick people to lose by ko if they haven't lost by ko before and that's what I'm doing here. Call it a hunch if you will, a gut feeling, something of that ilk.

Well you asked how much I've seen and I said that was his favourite performance of mine, that was the relevance.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #38
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

That's fair enough, I didn't think you were using it as a stylistic comparison

Nonito is not sparking Fenech. Jeff would not allow Nonito space, he'd swarm all over him.

Nonito would have a decent shout against the ****ed Fenech of the McCrory fight. But prime for prime? Fenech would tear him a new one, I'd bet my life on it.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #39
bladerunner
El Intocable
East Side VIP

vCash: 21502

Fenech would make Donaire cry for his mummy, the guy's strength and stamina was unbelievable, hes a H2H monster at 118 and 122. I can see this fight being a replay of Fenech-Callejas with Callejas who was a big puncher with a pretty good defense had some success early on but in the end Fenech's strength and relentless pressure ended up wearing him down and he stopped him late, i think The Donaire fight wouldnt be much different than that IMO.
bladerunner is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #40
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I think Donaire is pretty basic technical skills-wise.It's his good physical ability,good speed and very good\excellent power that make him a very good fighter.

He's good at punching with the opposition, but hardly Archie Moore or something.Been plenty of better punchpickers around his weight throughout history.He reminds me more of someone like Medel or Mugabi in that respect, where he might land something sneaky if you fight like you don't respect him much(Darchinyan) or are going to have a hard time stopping him placing punches and being able to dictate exchanges through a mixture of good accuracy and athleticism plus threat of powerif you aren't a very good talent all-round yourself ie aging Montiel\Nishioka.

It's a lot, lot tougher to get the flashy Knockouts against the excellent\great fighters.Things tend to dry there for fighters of this kind of style if an effective all-round game can't be deployed.

Best just to wait and see how his career unfolds imo.I tend to think he'll end up on about the level of Carbajal when all is said and done.
lora is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #41
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
That's fair enough, I didn't think you were using it as a stylistic comparison

Nonito is not sparking Fenech. Jeff would not allow Nonito space, he'd swarm all over him.

Nonito would have a decent shout against the ****ed Fenech of the McCrory fight. But prime for prime? Fenech would tear him a new one, I'd bet my life on it.
I think Donaire could lay against the ropes and catch him as he comes in. In terms of getting the victory I rate Donaire's ring IQ pretty highly and I think he'd find a way to bait Jeff into a monster punch.

I'd put a fiver on it but I probably wouldn't bet more than that.

It's a shame we'll never see this fight, there isn't a pressure fighter nowhere near his class neither in that division today. Mares and Salido are probably as good as it gets so if he loses to either of them I'll retract all my claims.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #42
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

No, you don't get it Donaire would not knock out Jeff Fenech. You can say 'it's my opinion' but it's a nonsensical stance to take. Isn't happening I have no idea why you're seeing this as a possible outcome.

Jeff Fenech had an awesome chin. Unless you're holding Grove and Holliday against him, which would be a bit harsh IMO.

EDIT: As for laying on the ropes...what?! Nelson didn't do it to Fenech, past prime, in their first fight, despite landing some good shots. What makes you think Nonito has the strength to remain balanced with Fenech on top of him with his back against the ropes?? Nelson even had a bit of trouble with this in their second fight before blasting Jeff.

For sheer power, Donaire does not hit harder than Azumah Nelson. If you're putting him on Nelsons level for H2H effectiveness against guys weighing 130+ you're mad.

So, yeah, I can't see that either. Not with Fenechs chin, stamina, own skills (was not just a Brawler) and two fisted assault (more potent at 122 as well) I see it ending badly for Nonito.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #43
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
I think Donaire could lay against the ropes and catch him as he comes in. In terms of getting the victory I rate Donaire's ring IQ pretty highly and I think he'd find a way to bait Jeff into a monster punch.

I'd put a fiver on it but I probably wouldn't bet more than that.

It's a shame we'll never see this fight, there isn't a pressure fighter nowhere near his class neither in that division today. Mares and Salido are probably as good as it gets so if he loses to either of them I'll retract all my claims.

The thing with trying that sort of fightplan as your main avenue of winning is that unless he turns out to have genuinely great toughness(an unknown right now)and even better poise than he's shown so far, then he better get that KO quite quick or Fenech will beat the fight and ability to get the stoppage right out of him with his busier higher amount of excellent combos and constant roughhousing.Very risky to try and soak that sort of barrage and look to get a knockout.
lora is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #44
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
No, you don't get it Donaire would not knock out Jeff Fenech. You can say 'it's my opinion' but it's a nonsensical stance to take. Isn't happening I have no idea why you're seeing this as a possible outcome.

Jeff Fenech had an awesome chin. Unless you're holding Grove and Holliday against him, which would be a bit harsh IMO.
well that's fine for you to disagree. I personally think it's batshit crazy to think he walks through Donaire but that's boxing; it's subjective and opinionated.

Fenech's chin is quality I just think any chin can be cracked by the right punch and as he comes at Nonito he's gonna take too many of those right punches imo.

This is why I love the sport, noone knows what's gonna happen and one punch can change everything, the only closure we get is when the two step through the ropes but that won't be happening here so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #45
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lora View Post
The thing with trying that sort of fightplan as your main avenue of winning is that unless he turns out to have genuinely great toughness(an unknown right now)and even better poise than he's shown so far, then he better get that KO quite quick or Fenech will beat the fight and ability to get the stoppage right out of him with his busier higher amount of excellent combos and constant roughhousing.Very risky to try and soak that sort of barrage and look to get a knockout.
it is an unknown you're right. that's why I called it a hunch of a gut feeling

if he loses or displays poor toughness then I'll happily admit I'm wrong.
lufcrazy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum