Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #91
Ncc84
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 847
vCash: 160
Default Re: Price's career going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
I don't think it's as straight forwards as you make out though. Confidence issues. Technical issues. Whatever reason he was held for may make sense, we don't know. He's diiferent to the fighters you mention.

So judge the end product. Which is marvelous.
You're right we don't know the full details behind the scenes, why the choice of these opponents. I don't think he has confidence issues or technical issues holding back.
I think the reason is because that is how Maloney likes to do it, Lewis won the Lonsdale outright, even though it took a backwards step to do it.
I think you agree with me that his career path isn't as good as those boxers I mentioned but I don't think you want to admit that.
Ncc84 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #92
DaveyboyEssexUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,552
vCash: 500
Default Re: Price's career going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncc84 View Post
You're right we don't know the full details behind the scenes, why the choice of these opponents. I don't think he has confidence issues or technical issues holding back.
I think the reason is because that is how Maloney likes to do it, Lewis won the Lonsdale outright, even though it took a backwards step to do it.
I think you agree with me that his career path isn't as good as those boxers I mentioned but I don't think you want to admit that.
Maybe you need to accept that every boxer is different and what is right or preferable for one is not for another for whatever reason, Price will get there in 2-3 fights
DaveyboyEssexUK is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #93
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 37,184
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Price's career going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncc84 View Post
I think you agree with me that his career path isn't as good as those boxers I mentioned but I don't think you want to admit that.
Good for who? For the fans? You're absolutely right. To me, Price looks as good a fighter or better than all the men you mentioned. So if that's what you meant, I disagree.
McGrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #94
Ncc84
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 847
vCash: 160
Default Re: Price's career going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
Good for who? For the fans? You're absolutely right. To me, Price looks as good a fighter or better than all the men you mentioned. So if that's what you meant, I disagree.
Isn't as good for the boxer. I think Price is better than all the boxers I mentioned, except Pulev with whom he is about level.
But you disagree with me, you think wiping out harrison then skelton is as beneficial as taking on opponents such as Peter, Dimitrenko, Ustinov, Chisora.
Ncc84 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #95
speedy2056
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 119
vCash: 500
Default Re: Price's career going nowhere

I thought Skelton was a meaningless fight until somebody reminded me that he's on a 5 fight winning streak and one of those wins was a quick KO win over Tom Dallas, a former Price victim. He's a step up from Harrison but how much is up for debate.
speedy2056 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #96
DaveyboyEssexUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,552
vCash: 500
Default Re: Price's career going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2056 View Post
I thought Skelton was a meaningless fight until somebody reminded me that he's on a 5 fight winning streak and one of those wins was a quick KO win over Tom Dallas, a former Price victim. He's a step up from Harrison but how much is up for debate.
its a very minor step up but it is a step up and a keep busy fight to secure the lonsdale belt
DaveyboyEssexUK is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #97
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: in my house
Posts: 5,640
vCash: 762
Default Re: Price's career going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyboyEs***UK View Post
im sure price knows that, but if he wants to keep the prestigious lonsdale belt then fair play to him. Price has alot of experience through being an amatuer and has sparred some top guys that will all help , but i know that being in the ring first hand is a very different creature. in the next 2-3 fights i think he`ll be fighting a euro level fighter and the onwards and upwards
i hope so.i hate prospects always being handed easy progression up the ranks only to fold when they are given their title shot..just isnt right..so heres hoping prices gets to stepping it up in 2013..
itsa huge bitch is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #98
DaveyboyEssexUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,552
vCash: 500
Default Re: Price's career going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsa huge bitch View Post
i hope so.i hate prospects always being handed easy progression up the ranks only to fold when they are given their title shot..just isnt right..so heres hoping prices gets to stepping it up in 2013..
agreed
DaveyboyEssexUK is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #99
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 37,184
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Price's career going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncc84 View Post
Isn't as good for the boxer. I think Price is better than all the boxers I mentioned, except Pulev with whom he is about level.
But you disagree with me, you think wiping out harrison then skelton is as beneficial as taking on opponents such as Peter, Dimitrenko, Ustinov, Chisora.
No, I haven't said that. And I can't correct you without repeating myself.
McGrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #100
China Rich
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: With my beautiful Chinese princess...
Posts: 547
vCash: 75
Default Re: Price's career going nowhere

I don't have any problem with this fight, if he wants the lonsdale belt outright the he has to fight a brit. Skelton is past his best, but i think he could prove an awkward opponent and shld survive to the later rounds. The re aren't too many better options outside of haye and fury so what's he to do?
It's a stay busy fight and it's not like he was going to fight a top quality opponent two months after this bout. He needs to start stepping-up next year mind...
China Rich is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #101
Ncc84
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 847
vCash: 160
Default Re: Price's career going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
No, I haven't said that. And I can't correct you without repeating myself.
I didn't mean you think price isn't as good as those boxers.

I meant you have been saying that his/maloney's choice of opponents is right for him. So you therefore think that fighting harrison/skelton has been more beneficial than the opponents his contemporaries have been facing.
Ncc84 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013