boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-03-2012, 01:29 AM   #1
ecto55
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Location: a little sun-drenched vinyard 3 hours north by nor-west of Sydney, NSW, Australia...
vCash: 1000
Default Another terrible judge appears on the scene- can he be stopped before it's too late!!

Last edited by ecto55; 10-26-2012 at 09:23 PM.
ecto55 is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 02:34 AM   #2
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Another terrible judge appears on the scene- can he be stopped before it's too la

Mate I just checked it out and I couldn't believe it. Grech trains fighters at the gym where Graham trains. It's bull ****. Nsw combat sports has gotten even worse under Waller!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecto55 View Post
Mabye someone can shed some light on this.

Peterr Graham's fight against George Poulivaati over 3 rounds at the Croatia Club was a good fight bby the Cheif, I was in attendence and despite not paying a significant amont of attention to the bout (given my intoxication by that stage) I thought he probably won. Co-promoting the show probably dosn't hurt either when it goes to the scorecards, buts thats another topic.

But look at the round's as scored by the judges-

Judge Lucy Tui- 79-73 (imo. a bit tough but not inconcievalble, especially if you are ajudge that likes a particular type of fighter. It's pushing the bounds of how you could score the bout and then some, but Lucy's good people and many people like her.)

Judge Kevin Hogan 78-76 - (about what i'd have expected, Kevin's also a erudite and very observant judge so I'd peg this as being a better score than Lucy's without any disrepsect intended to Lucy).

Judge Paul Grech 80-69 - W.T.F!!!?? What planet did this spiv beam down from. The only way this clown could have scored the bout to reach a 80-69 score is as follows (and including 4 10-8 rounds in a close 8-rounder).

Graham- '80' scored as winning all 8 rounds at 10 points each. There was one round he definitly lost, yet this 'judge' scores that obviously lost round even. You can tell it was a round both other judges would have scored for Poulivaati from their scores- you couldn't seriously score it any other way.
Poulivaati- '69' scored at one even 10-10 round, losing 3 rounds 10-9 and losing 4 (thats ****ing four!) rounds 10-8!!!! And remember, there was no knockdowns.

I know Chief and Grech are 5/8's, but this is the kind of **** that ruins our sport. Combat nsw should revoke his judges license a.s.a.p. before he can ruin the scoring in any more fights. Its one thing to lose a close bout, its another thing to have to struggle with a cheerleeding would-be, bogus judge. Too many good fighters have given the game away because of ********, sycophantic cheerleeders imposting their way into positions of responsability.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2012, 02:40 AM   #3
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346
Default Re: Another terrible judge appears on the scene- can he be stopped before it's too la

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
Mate I just checked it out and I couldn't believe it. Grech trains fighters at the gym where Graham trains. It's bull ****. Nsw combat sports has gotten even worse under Waller!
I said the same thing a couple of yrs ago but apparently i was just attacking Craig for no good reason, glad someone finally agrees with me
TCboxa is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2012, 03:05 AM   #4
the ninja
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

they are all full of **** and most of them best mates with fighters boxing in australia is absolutely ****ed , if you have money you can buy a title if you dont have money you will be an opponent
the ninja is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 05:08 AM   #5
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ninja View Post
they are all full of **** and most of them best mates with fighters boxing in australia is absolutely ****ed , if you have money you can buy a title if you dont have money you will be an opponent
Couldn't disagree with you mate.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 06:41 AM   #6
the ninja
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Couldn't disagree with you mate.
nice to see some one knows the go
Old 10-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #7
ecto55
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Location: a little sun-drenched vinyard 3 hours north by nor-west of Sydney, NSW, Australia...

Last edited by ecto55; 10-26-2012 at 09:22 PM.
ecto55 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #8
the ninja
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Ive had fights where the bloke i fought said i won , his mates said i won, the whole crowd knew i won and booed the decision and the judges scored the bout as a loss for me .

there is no way those judges could be that wrong by accident im pretty sure if i had knocked him out they woulda stood him up shot me and declared him the winner via tko hahahahahahahaha , i really dont know what can be done about it either its such a shame.

you also see that if a bloke with a loss wins over a guy with no losses that is a young up and coming prospect they will either give the prospect a draw or worse the win just because they seem to think "oh hes got his whole career ahead of him".
Old 10-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #9
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ninja View Post
Ive had fights where the bloke i fought said i won , his mates said i won, the whole crowd knew i won and booed the decision and the judges scored the bout as a loss for me .

there is no way those judges could be that wrong by accident im pretty sure if i had knocked him out they woulda stood him up shot me and declared him the winner via tko hahahahahahahaha , i really dont know what can be done about it either its such a shame.

you also see that if a bloke with a loss wins over a guy with no losses that is a young up and coming prospect they will either give the prospect a draw or worse the win just because they seem to think "oh hes got his whole career ahead of him".
I know that feeling!
Because nsw combat sports in a government agency they could do an enquiry. Like wood royal commission. My understanding is the main problem is very high up in government. The head of combat sports is like a puppet and someone behind the scenes is pulling the strings.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #10
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I know that feeling!
Because nsw combat sports in a government agency they could do an enquiry. Like wood royal commission. My understanding is the main problem is very high up in government. The head of combat sports is like a puppet and someone behind the scenes is pulling the strings.
Above post is pure speculation of course.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #11
the ninja
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Above post is pure speculation of course.
your pure speculation sounds pretty spot on though
Old 10-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #12
peterm
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

And another imposter appears on the scene on sat night. Wouldn't know a jab from a left hook .Been in boxing 20 mins and now wants to be a judge. Hidden ajenda maybe
peterm is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #13
christopher23

Yep another idiot has arrived,he judged the amateurs on Saturday night at Smithfield,,then stayed up at ringside with the body combat officials for the 2 Pro fights,God ****in help us..just like the clown from Peter Graemes gym,this new guy will be on the take aswell...
Just want to be seen,i truly hate these *****s that have never laced on a glove,that think they know the sport,but they dont,& they think there going to make a dollar out of it..
christopher23 is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #14
ecto55
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Last edited by ecto55; 10-26-2012 at 09:23 PM.
ecto55 is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #15
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

A complete over haul needs to occur. Re-test current judges and officals, ensure those whom are competent remain, the ones who are not get thrown out. Then deal with it on a case by case basis, anyone found of any shonky doings is given a warning then thrown out if it occurs again, reverse decisions that are blatant robberys, recommendations are not good enough, ie calling for a rematch, if its that blatant just reverse the dam decision and hang the corrupt ones out to dry.

The organisation dont just need a goverment enuqiry they need someone with ***** whom isnt affraid of the promoters and doesnt want to suck nut sack after nut sack in order to appease the mainstream promoters.
TCboxa is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum