Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 03:36 AM   #1
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,200
vCash: 681
Default Why did Pacquiao duck Raheem? Discuss

Discuss please. It's been quite controversial after Zahir beat Morales.

I'm not actually 100% sure of the details, so I want someone to educate me on this.

They say the rematch was signed before Morales fought Raheem but that wasn't the case at all because many people have told me that Pacquiao had the chance to fight Raheem but refused it. Someone who knows the story, please say it here.

Why did Pacquiao duck Zahir Raheem?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]!

7:55
MVC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2013, 04:35 AM   #2
rayc916
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 162
vCash: 9000
Default Re: Why did Pacquiao duck Raheem? Discuss

High risk Low reward.
rayc916 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:38 AM   #3
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 14,528
vCash: 928
Default Re: Why did Pacquiao duck Raheem? Discuss

Cause raheem ran against morales
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:02 AM   #4
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: the few, the proud, the Philippines
Posts: 4,433
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why did Pacquiao duck Raheem? Discuss

Because Raheem fought at 135 and Pac had just settled at 130.

Now why won't Floyd fight Sergio?
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:11 AM   #5
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 14,528
vCash: 928
Default Re: Why did Pacquiao duck Raheem? Discuss

Cause black fighters don't sell..
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:15 AM   #6
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,447
vCash: 330
Default Re: Why did Pacquiao duck Raheem? Discuss

He'd have had to jump up in weight like Morales did.
the fights with em, mab, jmm were much more lucrative, fan friendly and in demand.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:15 AM   #7
Withwhatsmine
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,760
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why did Pacquiao duck Raheem? Discuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarShane_24 View Post
Because Raheem fought at 135 and Pac had just settled at 130.

Now why won't Floyd fight Sergio?
Cause he's 15 pounds to big
Withwhatsmine is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:21 AM   #8
jan_fan
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why did Pacquiao duck Raheem? Discuss

Cause Morales payback was on Pac's head that time - not Raheem. And Pac was still new @ 130. Would you want Raheem to go down to 130 and fight Pac?

A Barrera-Raheem fight was on my mind when Raheem beat Morales. Pac was still considered lesser than Morales inspite of Erik's loss. The rematch was essential

The question should be - why Raheem did not live up to the expectations after he beat Morales?
jan_fan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:28 AM   #9
MannySteward
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,533
vCash: 806
Default Re: Why did Pacquiao duck Raheem? Discuss

How old are you MVC
MannySteward is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:42 AM   #10
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 9,764
vCash: 675
Default Re: Why did Pacquiao duck Raheem? Discuss

Raheem is one of the worst fighters I have ever seen. I remember in a fight I watched him flat out run and fall down several times in order to avoid being hit. Hmmm it was against a brazilian guy. He would rather fall down to the canvas than get hit.

The guy was just horrible as he clearly did this in several fights. I loved watching the Funeka fight...
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #11
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,890
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why did Pacquiao duck Raheem? Discuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
He'd have had to jump up in weight like Morales did.
the fights with em, mab, jmm were much more lucrative, fan friendly and in demand.
So people gonna act like Manny wasn't putting on 15 plus pounds after weigh in
sbbigmike is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #12
Antwuan Maxx
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why did Pacquiao duck Raheem? Discuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
Discuss please. It's been quite controversial after Zahir beat Morales.

I'm not actually 100% sure of the details, so I want someone to educate me on this.

They say the rematch was signed before Morales fought Raheem but that wasn't the case at all because many people have told me that Pacquiao had the chance to fight Raheem but refused it. Someone who knows the story, please say it here.

Why did Pacquiao duck Zahir Raheem?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]!

7:55
Pacquiao-Morales II was already agreed to and they (Top Rank/Gary Shaw) were trying to use the Morales-Raheem, Pacquaio-Velasquez double-header to hype the rematch.

Pacquiao took care of business, as planned, but Morales came in overweight and undertrained. Raheem clearly beat Morales, but he didn't exactly set the world on fire doing it. Even after the result, there was still more interest in a Pacquiao-Morales rematch than any fight involving Raheem. And that's partially due to the fact that most realize Morales hadn't taken Raheem seriously and wasn't in shape when he lost.


Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post
Raheem is one of the worst fighters I have ever seen. I remember in a fight I watched him flat out run and fall down several times in order to avoid being hit. Hmmm it was against a brazilian guy. He would rather fall down to the canvas than get hit.

The guy was just horrible as he clearly did this in several fights. I loved watching the Funeka fight...
You're talking about Freitas-Raheem.
Antwuan Maxx is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:35 AM   #13
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,447
vCash: 330
Default Re: Why did Pacquiao duck Raheem? Discuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbigmike View Post
So people gonna act like Manny wasn't putting on 15 plus pounds after weigh in
Why who said he didn't put on 15 pounds after the weigh in?
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #14
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,328
vCash: 835
Default Re: Why did Pacquiao duck Raheem? Discuss

Morales had beaten him and he wanted revenge

he could have fought Raheem later but i think his career took a much better turn

i dont think Manny tosses and turns wishing he had beaten Raheem
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #15
LEROY
BEAST
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SS Chicago
Posts: 369
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why did Pacquiao duck Raheem? Discuss

Cuz Pac know better
LEROY is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013