Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
VG_Addict
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1607
Default If Bute gets a rematch with Froch...

Who do you think wins this time?
VG_Addict is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
SimplyTheBest
Heavyweight Destroyer
ESB Addict

vCash: 1403
Default Re: If Bute gets a rematch with Froch...

Froch rapes him again
SimplyTheBest is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

After the first fight, I don't see much hope for Bute. The bottom line is that Froch took Bute's shots, but Bute couldn't take Froch's.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
des3995
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5005

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjoiner View Post
After the first fight, I don't see much hope for Bute. The bottom line is that Froch took Bute's shots, but Bute couldn't take Froch's.
That's how I see it too. If he suddenly becomes a defensive wiz, he'd a have a shot.
des3995 is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 01:13 PM   #5
HitBattousai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1375

Froch. As others have said, Froch can take Bute's punch, Bute can't take Froch's, and more importantly, does not have the speed or skill to get away from Froch's shots. That surprised me the most in the first fight, thought Bute's speed would have been enough to make life hard on Froch after he got whitewashed by Ward, but apparently Bute isn't as fast as it appeared against lesser competition. And his base defense is his speed and the fear of his offense, he doesn't have good blocking technique. Another stoppage for Froch if the fight happens.
HitBattousai is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
Porgeous Porge
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

I think Bute can win...I dont think its definite but the possibility is certainly there

Froch fought his career best fight and Bute fought one of his worst if not his worst fight, he looked scared and nervous and Froch looked the most motivated and determined i ever saw him

Now maybe this time Froch performs to his usual and Bute does his usual and its more interesting

I watched the fight a few days ago and Froch fought Bute somewhat like he did with Kessler, he started the fight by backing up and letting Bute stalk

Kessler applied pressure with a long jab and despite being in Froch's range was aware of Froch's punches and had solid defense and a good jab

Bute walked directly to Froch not jabbing and would land a hard left but then would stay there and admire his work rather than get out, Froch would respond with about 2 or 3 hard shots to Bute's one good left

Bute got hurt and he kept trading rather than fight smart

I think Bute would be better off in the rematch fighting off the back foot and playing defense something he didnt do much of in the first place.

In round 1 or 2 Bute landed one hard body shot and Froch made a face and cringed a little but fired right back, Bute can hurt him to the body and needs to try it more

Froch is a better boxer than he is given credit for and made himself difficult to hit in there and moved well around the ring

Bute just needs to do a few things, jab more, punch and get out, target the body, and be patient

If Bute fights smarter his chances of winning go up
Porgeous Porge is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #7
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porgeous Porge View Post
I think Bute can win...I dont think its definite but the possibility is certainly there

Froch fought his career best fight and Bute fought one of his worst if not his worst fight, he looked scared and nervous and Froch looked the most motivated and determined i ever saw him

Now maybe this time Froch performs to his usual and Bute does his usual and its more interesting

I watched the fight a few days ago and Froch fought Bute somewhat like he did with Kessler, he started the fight by backing up and letting Bute stalk

Kessler applied pressure with a long jab and despite being in Froch's range was aware of Froch's punches and had solid defense and a good jab

Bute walked directly to Froch not jabbing and would land a hard left but then would stay there and admire his work rather than get out, Froch would respond with about 2 or 3 hard shots to Bute's one good left

Bute got hurt and he kept trading rather than fight smart

I think Bute would be better off in the rematch fighting off the back foot and playing defense something he didnt do much of in the first place.

In round 1 or 2 Bute landed one hard body shot and Froch made a face and cringed a little but fired right back, Bute can hurt him to the body and needs to try it more

Froch is a better boxer than he is given credit for and made himself difficult to hit in there and moved well around the ring

Bute just needs to do a few things, jab more, punch and get out, target the body, and be patient

If Bute fights smarter his chances of winning go up
Logical post but the rematch will likely be in Nottingham so it's gonna be an uphill battle for Lucian...
Son of Gaul is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #8
Furey
EST & REG 2009
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Froch will crack him again.. he'll also have the edge mentally going into this time as well.
Furey is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #9
CloudManZ
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Gaul View Post
Logical post but the rematch will likely be in Nottingham so it's gonna be an uphill battle for Lucian...
Nope.. The rematch will be in Montreal. That's a clause Bute/Ibox made sure to put in the contract so that the 1st fight be in England.
CloudManZ is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #10
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by VG_Addict View Post
Who do you think wins this time?
All depends how he recovers from the loss and how he performs leading up to a rematch. Even if he looks impressive, which I highly doubt, I still expect Froch to knock him out.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #11
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudManZ View Post
Nope.. The rematch will be in Montreal. That's a clause Bute/Ibox made sure to put in the contract so that the 1st fight be in England.
Many bring this topic up in hopes of it making an impact on the fight. This won't change anything in Froch, he has been used to traveling after opponents.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #12
CloudManZ
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Many bring this topic up in hopes of it making an impact on the fight. This won't change anything in Froch, he has been used to traveling after opponents.
I wasn't using it as an argument. Just to correct the guy who said the rematch would be in Nottingham. And I agree it won't change anything for Froch... but I do think it will give Bute a boost. Lucian looked like a tourist during weigh-in, during his entrance, and all fight long... I'm sure he'll be more focus fighting at home.
CloudManZ is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #13
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru

vCash: 571251

Once a man rapes you once the rapings will only become more savage
larryx2012 is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #14
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
I wasn't using it as an argument. Just to correct the guy who said the rematch would be in Nottingham. And I agree it won't change anything for Froch... but I do think it will give Bute a boost. Lucian looked like a tourist during weigh-in, during his entrance, and all fight long... I'm sure he'll be more focus fighting at home.
I know you weren't, I just had to use your post to make that point. Bute won't show much difference, yes he may come in more focused but that won't change anything in his fighting style nor will it in Froch. Bute always had trouble with aggressive fighters that could punch, remember the first Andrade fight?, and Froch is way better than Andrade. There is a good chance you are right and Bute shows more focus, though the first fight's result will stiffen him up in there and show clear signs of intimidation and respect.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #15
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

Quote:
Ahhh, didn't know that was in the contract.
Son of Gaul is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum