Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default AAA show at Meadowbank Tonight!Tixs on door 25/35 ! Doors 5.30 Pm!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Good Roster of local fighters,and should be well received by the Edinburgh fight fans !Good value for 25 i think ! Cant see any upsets though

Anyone else going ?
alba is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #2
bluenoseshf
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: AAA Promotions show at Meadowbank on 14th April

I was planning to but dont think il bother because every fight is a mismatch really, only one of the away fighters has a positive record and Arthur is headlining against a guy with a 3-12-1 record. Terrible terrible match making. I know money is probably tight but surely they could do better than this. His last show wasnt much better but at least that had McIntyre vs Mcmillian which was a 60/40 fight at worst.

I really want to get behind boxing in the city that i live in but im not going to garbage like this. Bradley Walshes amateur shows in the usher hall will be much more entertaining and offer much more value for money.
bluenoseshf is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #3
Wolf

vCash:

Frontin is far better than his record suggests.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
SNV
Sugar Nikolai Valuev
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

I think Frontin could potentially beat Arthur.
SNV is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenoseshf View Post
I was planning to but dont think il bother because every fight is a mismatch really, only one of the away fighters has a positive record and Arthur is headlining against a guy with a 3-12-1 record. Terrible terrible match making. I know money is probably tight but surely they could do better than this. His last show wasnt much better but at least that had McIntyre vs Mcmillian which was a 60/40 fight at worst.

I really want to get behind boxing in the city that i live in but im not going to garbage like this. Bradley Walshes amateur shows in the usher hall will be much more entertaining and offer much more value for money.
nah i understand mate, i think adding Craig and Kenny on it has help sell it . I know there has been a nightmare trying to get AA a fight for this mate, fighters asking fro silly money or turning it down etc . It is hard to get a balance for the fans and putting on the fights on and that...

i think it will still do well though ...
alba is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #6
Robert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Frontin and Morby are not terrible they will get beat but wont be punchbags allthough i aint driving 2+ house from Ayrshire to watch them
Robert is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #7
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

I would have loved to go, but Edinburgh too far away! Would have been great to see Craig McEwan in the flesh as it were after being a fan all these years!

great prices though, im jealous of anyone thats going to be there, think it will be a great night.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #8
slapbangwhallop
The Sweet Scientist
East Side Guru

i'm glad AAA is putting his efforts into putting on show as not enjoying himself.

I'm not Scottish, i'm no allegiances in boxing up there, I want to see the scene flourish and continue grow but I dont like the stick AAA gets up there.

He is working hard and achieved a lot at a time when the Scottish larder was scant.

Good luck to all the home lads on the bill.
slapbangwhallop is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2012, 01:45 AM   #9
billy boy balbo

im wanting to go but im no go by myself like some sad cunt kwam
billy boy balbo is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2012, 03:15 AM   #10
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
I would have loved to go, but Edinburgh too far away! Would have been great to see Craig McEwan in the flesh as it were after being a fan all these years!

great prices though, im jealous of anyone thats going to be there, think it will be a great night.
Dunky your in Glasgow right ? Hardly other end of the country !
alba is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2012, 06:33 AM   #11
boxingcrazy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

I was ready to go to this fight until i saw how bad the match ups were, I really don't understand why the big three on the bill are fighting relative no hopers when they are trying to get themselves onto the title scene.

Alex Arthur is coming up to 34 and wants back fighting the likes of Ashley Theopane for the british title yet he is fighting a lad with 3 win 12 losses and 1 draw, he has not been busy enough lately and don't see how this guy is going to help him get ready for that bout, he needs to keep busy with decent tests.

Craig McEwan is having his first fight in his home town and will want to put on a decent show for his Edinburgh debut, Paul Morby is a very negative type fighter, with Craigs style it is going to be hard for him to look great. Barker, Macklin and Martin Murray are hardly going to be worried about the waves Craig will be making with this fight.

Kenny Anderson has just had his fight with Groves cancelled so i feel for him a wee bit but he is another one who really needs to be in a half decent scrap to keep the momentum up, his opponent is probably the best looking of the three main bouts but i'd still would have rather see him in with a top 10 contender cause since the last Groves fight his opponents have not been up to scratch.

I have heard stories about Alex Arthur being a bit tight in respect to paying his sparring partners and it looks like he is taking that approach to his promotions, Edinburgh has not been the best place for selling professional boxing shows in the last few years and they always seem to struggle with selling out the events, shows like this will not help get the fans coming back on a repeat basis, fans want good value for their money and i think most people would rather see competitive bouts, or at least one decent bout on the card that will spark interest.

Not that it will bother any of the fighters on the show but one decent bout would have got another 10-15 tickets sold me and my mates for the show.
boxingcrazy is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2012, 06:41 AM   #12
c woodhouse
Contender
ESB Senior Member

why doesnt arthur fight mccalister for the commenwealth that makes sense?
c woodhouse is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2012, 06:47 AM   #13
Spearmint Rhino
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I think Frontin can beat Arthur..... Alex is done IMO.
Spearmint Rhino is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2012, 07:16 AM   #14
EcosseBox
Journeyman

I would have been there if not for a wedding.

Good card imo, AAA is making a real effort to bring back boxing to the capital, he should be applauded rather than cricised. Im assuming this isnt televised, so no wonder it was difficult to get decent opponents, there are some quality fighters on display.
EcosseBox is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2012, 07:48 AM   #15
Douglas acute

I think Alex is doing a great job at re-igniting boxing back in the capital.

These particular shows give local fans the opportunity to witness a live card and also to enjoy a great night out, it must be difficult securing opponents as Alex is a know name and the demand for higher purses is inevitable. Hopefully the show is a success and we can see more in the future.
Douglas acute is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum