Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 10-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #91
noobboxer_88
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Lifting weights will damage you in the Long Run...DON'T DO IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
Calesthenics does the opposite. It builds up your joints. So knowing this, why lift weights?
It all depends on your goals. And lifting heavy (as was stated earlier) is hard on your joints. But lifting light(er) weights are perfectly fine. There are supplements to help your joints: krill/fish oil, glucosamine, triflex etc.
noobboxer_88 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #92
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 515

What a crock of shit.
pecho26 is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #93
Primenal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Nothing is wrong with lifting weights. If you stretch properly you won't lose flexibility. If you lift properly (proper tecnique, the right weight, etc) you shouldn't hurt yourself. 95% of the people at my gym do not stretch, don't warm up, etc. People try to throw a ton of weight on when there cold and that's when you get injured.
Just because you didn't lift properly, or lifted above your bodies current capabilities and hurt yourself doesn't mean everybody is going to hurt themselves. Even oympic athletes who really don't need to lift that much (Ryan Lochte for example and many runners) lift plenty of weights.

I'm training for my 2nd weight lifting competition, weigh 165 and am currently deadlifting around 425. I've never hurt myself in years. Not to say I can't, but I built my body up properly to handle the weights, add more weight slowly, I take the time to stretch before and after, still box 3x a week, etc, etc.
Primenal is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #94
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by democritus2k View Post
That's why I close mine when I get beaten up...plus, I find that crying like a little girl helps lessen the beating.
Trying To enlighten you 90% of injuries happen because of them .
scrap is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #95
noobboxer_88
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenal View Post
Nothing is wrong with lifting weights. If you stretch properly you won't lose flexibility. If you lift properly (proper tecnique, the right weight, etc) you shouldn't hurt yourself. 95% of the people at my gym do not stretch, don't warm up, etc. People try to throw a ton of weight on when there cold and that's when you get injured.
Just because you didn't lift properly, or lifted above your bodies current capabilities and hurt yourself doesn't mean everybody is going to hurt themselves. Even oympic athletes who really don't need to lift that much (Ryan Lochte for example and many runners) lift plenty of weights.

I'm training for my 2nd weight lifting competition, weigh 165 and am currently deadlifting around 425. I've never hurt myself in years. Not to say I can't, but I built my body up properly to handle the weights, add more weight slowly, I take the time to stretch before and after, still box 3x a week, etc, etc.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:30 PM   #96
boxon123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Go talk to People in there 40s and 50s that have lifted heavy weights . There are a large number having joint replacements. Listen or don't listen it is up to you.
boxon123 is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 05:28 PM   #97
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxon123 View Post
Go talk to People in there 40s and 50s that have lifted heavy weights . There are a large number having joint replacements. Listen or don't listen it is up to you.
I know a few guys who lifted heavy back in the days and they dont have no problem with joints.Thats bullshit.
Stop spreading lies.
pecho26 is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #98
noobboxer_88
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecho26 View Post
I know a few guys who lifted heavy back in the days and they dont have no problem with joints.Thats bullshit.
Stop spreading lies.
Its not bullshit or lies. Again this all goes back to technique. It all depends on how you lift. If you lift heavy and have shitty technique yeah you're gonna hurt down the road. If you have decent to good technique your chances are much better to have zero to little problems.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #99
democritus2k

Quote:
Stop spreading lies.
I know guys who lift who have been shot. Therefore, lifting weights cause firearms to discharge in your general direction.

Lifting weights is scary shit. You people have been warned.
democritus2k is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #100
democritus2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobboxer_88 View Post
Its not bullshit or lies. Again this all goes back to technique. It all depends on how you lift. If you lift heavy and have shitty technique yeah you're gonna hurt down the road. If you have decent to good technique your chances are much better to have zero to little problems.
So, it's not really lifting but the lack of technique that causes injuries. Well, thanks for pointing out the obvious.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #101
democritus2k

Personally, I've gotten more injuries from running than from anything else. Hell, I've even gotten injured playing flag football of all things, but never from lifting.

If there's anything to avoid it's sparring. The more people spar, the higher their chances of getting injured. People should never spar. They should go into their fights, but only after several weeks of shadowboxing. They should avoid doing heavy bag drills as well. Heavy bags can injure you also. And they should also avoid cars, since cars are the leading cause of fatal vehicular accidents.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #102
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
No shit sherlock? Thank you captain obvious!
If you do push ups or pull ups with bad technique ur gonna get injured eventualy.
This goes to anything in life,but guys who say stupid shit like weights are ****ed up, bla bla...thats just a witch hunt.
But hey,lets all get back to 1967 and run 10 miles everyday in army boots and do 1000 situps and 1000 push ups daily.
pecho26 is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #103
noobboxer_88
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
No shit sherlock? Thank you captain obvious!
If you do push ups or pull ups with bad technique ur gonna get injured eventualy.
This goes to anything in life,but guys who say stupid shit like weights are ****ed up, bla bla...thats just a witch hunt.
But hey,lets all get back to 1967 and run 10 miles everyday in army boots and do 1000 situps and 1000 push ups daily.
I was promoted to Major obvious And why not? No time like the present. Just build up to it. Sets of 50!
Old 10-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #104
rodney
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
It's true though. You two are young and naive and listen to some dumbass steriod user that calls you a sissy if you don't squat.

Please listen to me. I don't have anything to gain. Actually I do. I'm hoping that God will cure me if I let others know that weights will **** them up for life.

But that's out of my control. What I can do is tell you the truth. And the truth is that weights will **** you up for life.
Can you guarrantee that ??? ****ed up for life. -- oh my God !!!
rodney is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 07:01 AM   #105
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I was promoted to Major obvious And why not? No time like the present. Just build up to it. Sets of 50!

LOL I do daily 400 pushups,but thats just a mental thing.Gives me an edge.
Helps with muscular endurance,but thats it.
pecho26 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing