boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2008, 07:44 PM   #1
la-califa
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 3,147
vCash: 1000
Default Vinnie Pazienza .vs. Arturo Gatti

How would the "Pazmanian Devil" Do against the Rapid fire fists of "Thunder" Gatti? 135 Lbs.
la-califa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2008, 10:19 PM   #2
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 4,312
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vinnie Pazienza .vs. Arturo Gatti

..............Gatti by stoppage due to facial damage. He could actually fight. Pazienza couldn't.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:04 AM   #3
Xplosive
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,995
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vinnie Pazienza .vs. Arturo Gatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsanchezfan View Post
..............Gatti by stoppage due to facial damage. He could actually fight. Pazienza couldn't.
Please. Gatti ****ed sucked! Paz was no HOFmer, but he would have beaten bum ass Mickey Ward as well. And I can assure you that Vinny would not have lost to fighters as mediocre as Angel Manfredy, and Ivan Robinson.

Pazienza by UD. Gatti would have the same problem against Paz that he encountered against Robinson.... handspeed. Paz was considerably quicker than Gatti, and had the chin to take whatever Arturo could dish out. Vinny by VERY clear decision in this fight.

Gatti will go down as one of the most overrated fighters in boxing history.
Xplosive is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:18 AM   #4
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,642
vCash: 166
Default Re: Vinnie Pazienza .vs. Arturo Gatti

I really cant see how Gatti fights any better then Pazienza overall...they had comparable records at lightweight to jnrwelter but Vinny was able to have more success at the higher weights.
Maybe Gatti has a few extra dimensions to his game but not much more...Id rate Paz's win over Haugan over just about any win on Gatti's record.

Would be a war..Both taking right hands all night.

Both were overrated by the casual fan because they were very fun to watch.

Hard to split them...Id actually probably go with Gatti but not by much..Would be far from a highly technical affair.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:30 AM   #5
Russell
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 13,675
vCash: 118
Default Re: Vinnie Pazienza .vs. Arturo Gatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
I really cant see how Gatti fights any better then Pazienza overall...they had comparable records at lightweight to jnrwelter but Vinny was able to have more success at the higher weights.
D-Bol baby, D-Bol!
Russell is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:32 AM   #6
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,642
vCash: 166
Default Re: Vinnie Pazienza .vs. Arturo Gatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell View Post
D-Bol baby, D-Bol!
Vinnie always struck me as a stanazol man to be honest.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:16 AM   #7
Russell
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 13,675
vCash: 118
Default Re: Vinnie Pazienza .vs. Arturo Gatti

*Golf Clap*
Russell is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:08 AM   #8
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 4,312
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vinnie Pazienza .vs. Arturo Gatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplosive View Post
Please. Gatti ****ed sucked! Paz was no HOFmer, but he would have beaten bum ass Mickey Ward as well. And I can assure you that Vinny would not have lost to fighters as mediocre as Angel Manfredy, and Ivan Robinson.

Pazienza by UD. Gatti would have the same problem against Paz that he encountered against Robinson.... handspeed. Paz was considerably quicker than Gatti, and had the chin to take whatever Arturo could dish out. Vinny by VERY clear decision in this fight.

Gatti will go down as one of the most overrated fighters in boxing history.



.................No.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:11 AM   #9
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois USA
Posts: 14,202
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vinnie Pazienza .vs. Arturo Gatti

Quote:
=salsanchezfan;3111175]..............Gatti by stoppage due to facial damage. He could actually fight.
I agree with this statement.

Quote:
Pazienza couldn't.
I disagree with this.
mr. magoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:47 AM   #10
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Sea of Tranquility
Posts: 13,587
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vinnie Pazienza .vs. Arturo Gatti

As much of an obnoxious, loud-mouthed showboater as he was, Paz had more on the ball than Gatti and would have decisioned him with room to spare IMO.
red cobra is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:07 PM   #11
Arriba
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vinnie Pazienza .vs. Arturo Gatti

Gatti was no Sweet Pea obviously but the guy had some underrated skills to him. The problem is Gatti was way too easy to bait into a war and by the time they tried to "change" his style, it was way too late in the game. He only knew one way to fight at that point. He's so overrated that he's underrated in a sense. He's gotten blown up as some sort of amazing warrior but when he felt like it, he had a decent array of tools as well. People forget that similar to them forgetting how Hagler could be very technical because of his wild brawl with Hearns and Antufermo and Mugabi.

As per who wins this one, I'd probably favor Gatti on some sort of cut stoppage as ironic as that may sound. I'd say it's 55/45 if anything.
Arriba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:21 PM   #12
catasyou
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Romania
Posts: 19,245
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vinnie Pazienza .vs. Arturo Gatti

Gatti by KO.Would be a crazy affair.
catasyou is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:41 PM   #13
BIG DEE
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 261
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vinnie Pazienza .vs. Arturo Gatti

BIG DEE HERE= Pazienza couldn`t fight you gotta be a kid and never saw him fight at
Lightweight or Jr Welterweight because he was a great fighter at those weights.
He was at his best as a lightweight though and his fights with Greg Haugan should get him into the Hall of Fame after they put Barry McGuigan in there as that was and is a joke as he did nothing to get it. Compared to him, Pazienza is freaking JOE LOUIS.
BIG DEE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:39 PM   #14
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 4,312
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vinnie Pazienza .vs. Arturo Gatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG DEE View Post
BIG DEE HERE= Pazienza couldn`t fight you gotta be a kid and never saw him fight at
Lightweight or Jr Welterweight because he was a great fighter at those weights.
He was at his best as a lightweight though and his fights with Greg Haugan should get him into the Hall of Fame after they put Barry McGuigan in there as that was and is a joke as he did nothing to get it. Compared to him, Pazienza is freaking JOE LOUIS.


.............Salsanchezfan here.

Yeah, I did see him in what passed for a prime. I'm 41. He sucked.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:38 AM   #15
Jack Presscot
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,245
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vinnie Pazienza .vs. Arturo Gatti

Paz was a Warrior, a good Boxer, and all heart, as well as a multi-time World Champ.
Jack Presscot is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015