Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #91
4n20
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: Geale VS Mandy - Objective thoughts please, leave the trolling at the gate...

Pick 'em fight.
4n20 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #92
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166
Default Re: Geale VS Mandy - Objective thoughts please, leave the trolling at the gate...

When I watched their first fight in the pub I felt Mundine edged it by a couple of points...when I watched it again a few months later I still had Mundine winning it by a point but he didn't look like the better fighter, only the knockdown got him home...IMO Geale won his rounds more decisively and had the loose tape not come into play, which seem to kill his momentum and give Choc a much needed breather, I think he would have edged it clearly.
But it was a close fight that I don't think was a gift to Mundine...I think Choc made a good point in a recent interview about his clean, precise punching vs Geale's volume..it's a good clash of styles.

That was one of the better fights we have had on our soil in recent years and one of Mundine's better performances...I'm still pretty interested in seeing the rematch, I wouldn't sleep on Mundine just yet..I think some of this talk of Geale just tearing through him and easily stopping him is a bit misguided.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #93
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

mundine is that bit older now, his cardio wont be what it was. he will have to rely on his chin more.

he needs to make an impact on geale early. i believe mundine will attempt an ambush of hard punches in flurries, without running out of steam if the tactic doesnt work.

however, geale has improved, mundine has just got older and as such will have to rely on his chin more than he ever did before, as his legs just wont get him out of the way like they used to. his reflexes and head movement have faded since their last fight, again making him rely on his questionable chin.

geale needs the mindset of 'winning' the fight. not, 'dont lose the fight'. a psycological mistake i believe green made.

geale needs to be careful early, keeping his hands up and using his jab.....dont trade early with mundine, but dont run from mundines early hard punching flurries, get under them and put his head on his chest.

wear mundine down early. mundines attempt at early hard punching, and geales early wrestling tactics and sharp jabs and scoring punches will see geale ahead on the cards, and mundine worn down by the 5th.

geale takes real control by the 8th and a tko by the 11th.

swingin is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #94
stiflers mum
Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
Thank god that Geale isn't fighting Gorilla Soliman.
But unfortunately he will have to.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #95
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Imagine if the winner vacates and Gorrilla Soliman wins the vacant title
MidniteProwler is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #96
stiflers mum
Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Mundines camp did not intimidate ANY Judges, if anything Khoder was heard saying "We dont have the Judges on this one" or something to that extent. If Fans intimidate Judges thats another story and you really cant blame Mundines camp for the actions of Fans nor the reactions of Judges.

Show me evidence of Bandage Tampering between the rounds from Mundines corner, otherwise all your dribble is just hear say hypathedical theories.

As for having a pro fight, many officals and judges have never had a boxing fight in their lives let alone a pro bout, one of the greatest trainers in the world never had a single pro fight but managed to train one of the best heavyweights to grace the ring. Another theorie of yours shot down champ. No doubt ANY tampering with the gloves should ******t a DQL however no evidence of such has been bought forward.

You have to be joking right? Did you count how many times Geale headbutted Mundine? and did these 4 elbows occur one after the other?

Yes they did but Phil said himself it had no bearing on the fight.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #97
bazil
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

If the real mundine turns up its mundines night.
If geale walks foward all night he will get his nose jabbed off.
If mundine gets lazy or ****y then geale has a chance.
bazil is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #98
Shark Attack
Journeyman

I'd love to see Geale standing over the top of a ko'd Mundine singing that famous Barry Manilow song ...

"Well you came and you gave without taking , And I sent you away Oh Mandy"
Shark Attack is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 12:03 AM   #99
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Attack View Post
I'd love to see Geale standing over the top of a ko'd Mundine singing that famous Barry Manilow song ...

(careful ESB have a no Manilow rule )
Old 10-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #100
Shark Attack
Journeyman

(careful ESB have a no Manilow rule )

Point taken thanks .....
Shark Attack is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 12:47 AM   #101
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Attack View Post

Sox is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum