Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-31-2008, 01:07 AM   #16
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Cotto, Gatti and Hatton..

All 3 will end up having something in common. An ass working by Floyd.
eze is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2008, 01:10 AM   #17
Bomber
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Hatton's gotta be shit, he aint American! Tszyu may disagree a little though.
Bomber is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 01:13 AM   #18
cardstars
Gamboa is GOD
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber
Hatton's gotta be shit, he aint American! Tszyu may disagree a little though.
It has nothing to do with being american. It was just brought up that Hatton is more skilled than Cotto,,,,and that is ridiculous
cardstars is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 01:16 AM   #19
Bomber
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Thats the strain of most Anti-Hatton arguments, and I aint even his biggest fan.
Bomber is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 01:23 AM   #20
ZippyMan
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbrooklyn
Hell yea by a LONG SHOT! Do you even watch boxing?
Cotto is better at some things but Hatton has faster feet, is better on the inside and high a slightly better chin.

If Cotto gets his wish and fights Mayweather, he isn't going to last 6 rounds. There isn't anything Cotto can do to keep from getting hit over and over and his chin has been shaken more than once by light hitters.

And no, I don't ever watch boxing. I just like to post.
ZippyMan is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 01:24 AM   #21
cardstars
Gamboa is GOD
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber
Thats the strain of most Anti-Hatton arguments, and I aint even his biggest fan.
Well you can't answer the question of WHAT Hatton is more skilled at....so argument over.
And for the record I like Hatton; he's fun to watch. But he is most definitely not as skilled at the sweet science as Cotto. Boom Boom pointed out that Hatton might cut off the ring better,,,ok I can maybe, just maybe give him that one (Malignaggi fight shows Cotto is good at it too). Hattons a pressure-swarmer type fighter, so he may be better at coming inside from different angles, but better movement goes to Cotto. They are both pressure fighters, Cotto is OBVIOUSLY more skilled at putting on effective pressure. He also has more power, more speed by a bit. I'm going to stop here cause I can go on forever. Bottom line is that the only things Hatton is more skilled at imo is cutting off the ring and coming inside from different angles due to his swarming style. And both of those I barely give to him
Old 01-31-2008, 01:25 AM   #22
cardstars
Gamboa is GOD
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyMan
Cotto is better at some things but Hatton has faster feet, is better on the inside and high a slightly better chin.

If Cotto gets his wish and fights Mayweather, he isn't going to last 6 rounds. There isn't anything Cotto can do to keep from getting hit over and over and his chin has been shaken more than once by light hitters.

And no, I don't ever watch boxing. I just like to post.
What is going on in this thread....
Old 01-31-2008, 01:29 AM   #23
Bomber
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardstars
What is going on in this thread....
I know its terrible aint it.
Bomber is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 01:35 AM   #24
cardstars
Gamboa is GOD
ESB Addict

No way PBF ko's Cotto. NO WAY. I make bets every week and I would bet my house on that fight going the distance. For christs sake Hatton made it 10 rounds just blindly running PBF down with an open guard. Cotto puts on much more effective pressure and wouldn't get hit as much, let alone ko'd
Old 01-31-2008, 01:50 AM   #25
ZippyMan
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
No way PBF ko's Cotto. NO WAY. I make bets every week and I would bet my house on that fight going the distance. For christs sake Hatton made it 10 rounds just blindly running PBF down with an open guard. Cotto puts on much more effective pressure and wouldn't get hit as much, let alone ko'd
Cotto does not close as fast as Hatton. Hatton's ability to close the gap fast kept him alive for 10 rounds. Cotto is going to have to box Mayweather and that is an uphill battle that can't be won.

Listen, I really think Cotto is one of the best out there in the game today. In both his ability to fight and as a person. Mayweather is a pretty big dick for the most part and I would not mind seeing Cotto kick his ass in a bad way. The fact is that nobody south of 160 can hang with Mayweather.
ZippyMan is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 01:53 AM   #26
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Hatton also doesn't get hit by 50% of power punches people throw at him.

That's a dumb comment. Cotto has an average defense at best. He gets hit a lot. And this is Mayweather the most accurate fighter in the sport. Mayweather will take advantage of Cottos lack of good defense and tag him with some shots. I wouldn't surprised if Cotto low blowed Mayweather to slow him down.
eze is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 02:22 AM   #27
cardstars
Gamboa is GOD
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
Hatton also doesn't get hit by 50% of power punches people throw at him.

That's a dumb comment. Cotto has an average defense at best. He gets hit a lot. And this is Mayweather the most accurate fighter in the sport. Mayweather will take advantage of Cottos lack of good defense and tag him with some shots. I wouldn't surprised if Cotto low blowed Mayweather to slow him down.
I think my point was missed in that post. I'm not saying Cotto has amazing defense, im saying that he applies AFFECTIVE pressure vs the raw pressure that Hatton applies. And don't turn this into a "Mayweather vs Cotto" thread. I would take PBF by close decision in this fight, but there absolutely no way he ko's Cotto. Thats silly. Hatton went for broke cause he knew he had too at that point. Cotto would bring a much better game plan and like I said applies much more efficient pressure. Anyone who thinks PBF will blow out Cotto like he did Hatton just doesn't know boxing.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:30 AM   #28
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
I think my point was missed in that post. I'm not saying Cotto has amazing defense, im saying that he applies AFFECTIVE pressure vs the raw pressure that Hatton applies. And don't turn this into a "Mayweather vs Cotto" thread. I would take PBF by close decision in this fight, but there absolutely no way he ko's Cotto. Thats silly. Hatton went for broke cause he knew he had too at that point. Cotto would bring a much better game plan and like I said applies much more efficient pressure. Anyone who thinks PBF will blow out Cotto like he did Hatton just doesn't know boxing.
To say PBF wouldn't KO Cotto is silly. Is it gaurenteed to happen? No, but, it's possible. Cotto has been hurt numerous times and by very light punches. Like I said, possible, but not likely.
eze is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 02:36 AM   #29
cardstars
Gamboa is GOD
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
To say PBF wouldn't KO Cotto is silly. Is it gaurenteed to happen? No, but, it's possible. Cotto has been hurt numerous times and by very light punches. Like I said, possible, but not likely.
Well you got me there cause it is boxing and anything can happen. But I stand by my comment that I would bet the house on the over rounds of this fight if they were decent. Depending on Mayweathers line I would probably put money on him too unless he was really heavily favored, but I would expect him to be around the same as for the Hatton fight
Old 01-31-2008, 02:38 AM   #30
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Well you got me there cause it is boxing and anything can happen. But I stand by my comment that I would bet the house on the over rounds of this fight if they were decent. Depending on Mayweathers line I would probably put money on him too unless he was really heavily favored, but I would expect him to be around the same as for the Hatton fight
Eh. I disagree. I dont think because its boxing anything can happen. I truly feel Cotto can be KOed by Floyd. Can, being the key word.
eze is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum