Old 01-31-2008, 02:41 AM   #31
cardstars
Gamboa is GOD
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Cotto, Gatti and Hatton..

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
Eh. I disagree. I dont think because its boxing anything can happen. I truly feel Cotto can be KOed by Floyd. Can, being the key word.
I just don't see it.....but i guess weirder things have happened.
On another note, your not with these other nut-bags thinking that Hatton is more skilled than Cotto, are you?
cardstars is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 02:50 AM   #32
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardstars
I just don't see it.....but i guess weirder things have happened.
On another note, your not with these other nut-bags thinking that Hatton is more skilled than Cotto, are you?

Nope. But I do think Hatton beats Cotto at 140.
eze is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 02:54 AM   #33
Bomber
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Hatton's game has turned to slop. Three years have made a massive differance. He needs a new trainer, even cruising through the S. Lightweights he will show his fraility.
Bomber is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2008, 04:51 AM   #34
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Gatti is a natural super feather weight fighter, who could no longer make his best weight, and ended up being exposed the higher he went, which should come as no shock to anyone. His biggest drawback is that he went on fighting far too long, he wasn't even good enough to be an embarrassment anymore, I was cringing by the end.

Hatton is a naturally small guy, though his antics don't help! Should have started his career at lightweight, but was so busy blasting people out at 140 that he decided to stay there.

Cotto on the other hand, went on hunger strike to make 140, he is to 147 what Hatton is to 140. I would say he is beatable, certainly by Hatton at 140, and FMJ at 147.

As for one being more skilled than the other, Hatton does have a great range of skills, but has rarely needed them, other than in the Mayweather fight when it just didn't happen for him other than in a couple of rounds.

Hatton KO Cotto at 140
Cotto KO Hatton at 147
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:09 AM   #35
roly
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler
Gatti is a natural super feather weight fighter, who could no longer make his best weight, and ended up being exposed the higher he went, which should come as no shock to anyone. His biggest drawback is that he went on fighting far too long, he wasn't even good enough to be an embarrassment anymore, I was cringing by the end.

Hatton is a naturally small guy, though his antics don't help! Should have started his career at lightweight, but was so busy blasting people out at 140 that he decided to stay there.

Cotto on the other hand, went on hunger strike to make 140, he is to 147 what Hatton is to 140. I would say he is beatable, certainly by Hatton at 140, and FMJ at 147.

As for one being more skilled than the other, Hatton does have a great range of skills, but has rarely needed them, other than in the Mayweather fight when it just didn't happen for him other than in a couple of rounds.

Hatton KO Cotto at 140
Cotto KO Hatton at 147
i'd agree with all of that
roly is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:36 AM   #36
Monstar
The Future..
East Side Guru

haha @ hatton more skilled then cotto

but umm...well, to answer the question.. in my opinion gatti's a low B ranked fighter... and Hatton's a 1 dimensional high B ranked fighter.. while Cotto's an A Class multidimensional boxer... so i'm sure that has something to do with it
Monstar is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 06:03 AM   #37
RafaelGonzal
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreed23
Ricky Hatton is far more skilled than Miguel Cotto
master of the clutch hug that skill he has over Cotto
RafaelGonzal is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 06:05 AM   #38
RafaelGonzal
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardstars
Well you can't answer the question of WHAT Hatton is more skilled at....so argument over.
And for the record I like Hatton; he's fun to watch. But he is most definitely not as skilled at the sweet science as Cotto. Boom Boom pointed out that Hatton might cut off the ring better,,,ok I can maybe, just maybe give him that one (Malignaggi fight shows Cotto is good at it too). Hattons a pressure-swarmer type fighter, so he may be better at coming inside from different angles, but better movement goes to Cotto. They are both pressure fighters, Cotto is OBVIOUSLY more skilled at putting on effective pressure. He also has more power, more speed by a bit. I'm going to stop here cause I can go on forever. Bottom line is that the only things Hatton is more skilled at imo is cutting off the ring and coming inside from different angles due to his swarming style. And both of those I barely give to him
c
Old 01-31-2008, 06:07 AM   #39
RafaelGonzal
Champion
East Side Guru

[quote=cardstars]Well you can't answer the question of WHAT Hatton is more skilled at....so argument over.
And for the record I like Hatton; he's fun to watch. But he is most definitely not as skilled at the sweet science as Cotto. Boom Boom pointed out that Hatton might cut off the ring better,,,ok I can maybe, just maybe give him that one (Malignaggi fight shows Cotto is good at it too). Hattons a pressure-swarmer type fighter, so he may be better at coming inside from different angles, but better movement goes to Cotto. They are both pressure fighters, Cotto is OBVIOUSLY more skilled at putting on effective pressure. He also has more power, more speed by a bit. I'm going to stop here cause I can go on forever. Bottom line is that the only things Hatton is more skilled at imo is cutting off the ring and coming inside from different angles due to his swarming style. And both of those I barely give to him[/quote\\\

Cotto can box off the back foot and fight going backwards he also has a jab of which Rick has none.

c

Last edited by Tom_Tocca; 01-20-2007 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:22 AM   #40
roly
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstar
haha @ hatton more skilled then cotto

but umm...well, to answer the question.. in my opinion gatti's a low B ranked fighter... and Hatton's a 1 dimensional high B ranked fighter.. while Cotto's an A Class multidimensional boxer... so i'm sure that has something to do with it
how can the ring champ at 140 be a B ranked fighter?
roly is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 06:29 AM   #41
dangerousity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 105

Id favour Hatton over Cotto at 140 but Cotto over Hatton at 147 clearly. Both KO Gatti before the 8th, in gatti's prime.
dangerousity is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 06:37 AM   #42
mancat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber
Hatton's gotta be shit, he aint American! Tszyu may disagree a little though.
Neither Cotto nor Gatti are American either.
mancat is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 06:52 AM   #43
Bomber
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Thats not the point, Im refering to hatton's qualities alone. The other 2 werent part of that statement.
Bomber is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 07:26 AM   #44
FlatNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreed23
Cotto more skilled than Hatton?

Of course he is. Just take a look at the Mosely fight. Cotto jabbed, moved, showed a right hand as straight as a pipe, and alternated his attack throughout the fight.Not to say Ricky isn't skilled, but in comparison , Hatton just marches forward. Cotto seems to be adding to his game, while Hatton has leveled out.
FlatNose is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 07:54 AM   #45
gutto
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler

Hatton KO Cotto at 140
Cotto KO Hatton at 147
Works for me
gutto is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum