Old 01-31-2008, 05:04 PM   #121
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Cotto, Gatti and Hatton..

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
I give the slight edge to Floyd for comparing his win over DLH to Cotto's over Mosley.

Mosley was 36 years and 2 months old and cutting down to get into 147. Cotto also struggled with Mosley and got a narrow decision which some had it for Mosley.

Floyd, fought a 34 years and 3 months old DLH. Also, Floyd having to go up in weight to fight the bigger man. Floyd also had a clear victory for his win over DLH.
Struggled in your eyes to others who appreciate the sport Cotto boxed and countered beautifully in the rounds you probably thought Mosley was pushing him back and being the aggressor. God knows if that was Floyd you would be praising his fine tuned boxing skills.
Caper is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2008, 05:05 PM   #122
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

vCash: 740

Quote:
Originally Posted by pngo
And who the **** has floyd fought at 147 that poses a bigger threat then Cotto? Oscar? Cotto beat Mosley which I think it was a better win then DLH.
Dude, read the thread title and the first post. This isn't about PBF. Not everything is about PBF dude. You jumped into a conversation without know what anyone is talking about. Don't do that.
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:05 PM   #123
pngo
#1Contender
ESB Addict

vCash: 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
I give the slight edge to Floyd for comparing his win over DLH to Cotto's over Mosley.

Mosley was 36 years and 2 months old and cutting down to get into 147. Cotto also struggled with Mosley and got a narrow decision which some had it for Mosley.

Floyd, fought a 34 years and 3 months old DLH. Also, Floyd having to go up in weight to fight the bigger man. Floyd also had a clear victory for his win over DLH.
Age sometimes does't matter, I rate Mosley a higher win because he obviously was more active and he always keeps himself in better shape then oscar.
pngo is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:06 PM   #124
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBo215
Well lets see...

Mosely who Mayweather still hasn't fought, Torres who hatton won't fight, Zab Judah who went a full 12 with Mayweather while cotto rearranged his face (and please stop with the low blow mess judah was ssoo hurt that... he didn't take the full five and then won the next round. Please.) and Carlos Quintana who is going to give Paul Williams a much tougher fight than people expect.

What WW has Mayweather and Hatton faced that were any threats? Last time I checked the last two REAL WW mayweather fought were Judah and Sharmba Mitchell. Impressive. And hatton got his ass handed to him noth times he stepped up.

Floyd called Mosley out and Mosley never responded, "my tooth hurts' remember?

Mosley was also old as ****, and Cotto struggled.

Judah, had not won in two years, and was on a year layoff. Cotto also cheated twice. And Floyd would of TKOed Judah had Judah not cheated himself.

The bold part, EXPECTED doesn't mean shit. We have to wait to see what happens. Quitana also started his career very late. He's 30, with very little experience.

And I wasn't talking WW only, I was talking career. Cotto has yet to face serious threat.

Hatton won the fight against Collazo and won a title. And was also the lineal champion at 140. Lineal vs Lineal, whats wrong with that fight?

You called Mitchell a real WW? Mitchell was trying to test the waters at 147 like Mayweather. Mayweathers fight against Mitchell was nothing more then a warmup at 147. Just like COttos against Quitanans.

Baldomir is a legit WW and was a legit Lineal champion.

Cotto has yet to take a championship from a fighter, let alone a title.

We could of seen Cotto-Cintron to unify but Arum protects his fighter and sets him up against Gomez.
eze is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:06 PM   #125
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbrooklyn
Hatton walks around at 175lbs so how is he "smaller" then Cotto?
a bloated hatton walks around at 175 due to drinking copious amounts of beer and junk food.that's nowhere near his normal walking around weight.
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:06 PM   #126
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caper
So in that sense you can say the same for PBF right? no that would be just as dimwitted as saying Cotto has fought no one. Come on lets push aside fox tail enlined trunks from out your eyes and see the light.
Floyd hasn't fought a serious threat in his career?
eze is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:08 PM   #127
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Struggled in your eyes to others who appreciate the sport Cotto boxed and countered beautifully in the rounds you probably thought Mosley was pushing him back and being the aggressor. God knows if that was Floyd you would be praising his fine tuned boxing skills.

Cotto struggled against Mosley. All night? No, but he did, and Shane is old.

Ive scored it 3 times. Once for Mosley, once for Cotto, and once a draw.
eze is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:10 PM   #128
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
Floyd hasn't fought a serious threat in his career?
Cotto hasn't fought a serious threat in his career?
Caper is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:12 PM   #129
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Cotto hasn't fought a serious threat in his career?

Mosley? Old
Judah? Hadn't won in two years, year lay off, and Cotto had to cheat.
Quitana? laughable.
Torres!! Torres was a serious threat, too bad Torres took the fight on short notice.
Urkal? The 37 year old that was able to hit Cotto with nearly half of his power shots.
eze is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:12 PM   #130
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
Cotto struggled against Mosley. All night? No, but he did, and Shane is old.

Ive scored it 3 times. Once for Mosley, once for Cotto, and once a draw.
My man your entitled to your own opinion "This coming from a man that considers PBF the real champ because he defeated the great Baldomir"

Do you tour with Dave Chapple?
Caper is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:14 PM   #131
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
My man your entitled to your own opinion "This coming from a man that considers PBF the real champ because he defeated the great Baldomir"

Do you tour with Dave Chapple?

Floyd, beat the ex champ who was one fight off of losing the title. He then beat the champion, fought Oscar and came and fought the Lineal 140 champ and ex WBA 147 champion in Hatton.

And let me see, Lineal Championship, Shane to Vernon, to Mayorga, to Spinks, to Judah, to Baldomir, to Floyd. Yup. Sounds like he's the lineal champion to me.
eze is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:17 PM   #132
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
Mosley? Old
Judah? Hadn't won in two years, year lay off, and Cotto had to cheat.
Quitana? laughable.
Torres!! Torres was a serious threat, too bad Torres took the fight on short notice.
Urkal? The 37 year old that was able to hit Cotto with nearly half of his power shots.
Ok so should I now in turn mention the juggernaunts that PBF fought "Sharmba" "Bruselles" "DLH" oh and who can forget his thrashing of "Hatton" who actually lost more rounds to Collazo than Floyd. He we can do this till we turn blue in the face or until you actually get to cover yourself with flolyds spit bucket....whichever comes first.
Caper is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:18 PM   #133
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Ok so should I now in turn mention the juggernaunts that PBF fought "Sharmba" "Bruselles" "DLH" oh and who can forget his thrashing of "Hatton" who actually lost more rounds to Collazo than Floyd. He we can do this till we turn blue in the face or until you actually get to cover yourself with flolyds spit bucket....whichever comes first.

You keep talking WW. Im talking career. Floyd has fought who's been available. Mosley didn't want to fight him. Arum is keeping Cotto away from Floyd. Note the reason he's going against Gomez.

Floyd came in, beat the top two guys in the divison. Both Mosley and Cotto(Arum) didnt want to fight him.
eze is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:23 PM   #134
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
Floyd, beat the ex champ who was one fight off of losing the title. He then beat the champion, fought Oscar and came and fought the Lineal 140 champ and ex WBA 147 champion in Hatton.

And let me see, Lineal Championship, Shane to Vernon, to Mayorga, to Spinks, to Judah, to Baldomir, to Floyd. Yup. Sounds like he's the lineal champion to me.
Yup EZE you got me....

Again another simple response from a simple man....come on dude your brighter than that do you seriously think I'm having this conversation with you in an attempt to prove to you PBF is the top dog at 147lbs....he is I know that and anyone with a brain knows that so stop milking a moot point. My beef is based on your lack of recognition and your obvious biased towards your favorite fighter. Technically Baldomir was the lineal Champ but do you seriously consider him more of a threat than say Mosley or even Zab for that matter. Lets be real man.
Caper is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 05:24 PM   #135
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Yup EZE you got me....

Again another simple response from a simple man....come on dude your brighter than that do you seriously think I'm having this conversation with you in an attempt to prove to you PBF is the top dog at 147lbs....he is I know that and anyone with a brain knows that so stop milking a moot point. My beef is based on your lack of recognition and your obvious biased towards your favorite fighter. Technically Baldomir was the lineal Champ but do you seriously consider him more of a threat than say Mosley or even Zab for that matter. Lets be real man.
A bigger threat then those two? No. But he was one of the bigger threats in the division.
eze is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum