Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-18-2012, 04:52 AM   #1
pourya
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Mundine starts the promotion

Obviously the man needs those tickets sold and is doing his best-

He knows he has to generate as much publicity as possible and get his name and geale out there-

Even though what he says is stupid hes still a good business man and is funding his retirement.

Mundine mocks Geale's heritage

Date October 18, 2012 - 5:10PM
  • 368 reading now
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Rugby League Writer

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

• [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
  • inShare

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Anthony Mundine says he respects his opponent, but he is the better fighter. Photo: Brendan Esposito

ALWAYS a beacon for controversy, boxer Anthony Mundine has used the launch of his long-awaited rematch with Daniel Geale as an opportunity to question his opponent's heritage.
When asked today about the fact that Geale, a Tasmanian of indigenous heritage and the current IBF and WBA middleweight champion, wore an Aboriginal flag on his trunks, Mundine said: "I thought they wiped all the Aborigines from Tasmania out.
He's got a white woman, he's got white kids. I keep it real, all day every day.
"That's all I know . . . I don't know, I don't see him representing black people, or coloured people. I don't see him in the communities, I don't see him doing the things I do to people, and fighting for the people. But he's his own man.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Daniel Geale, with the Aboriginal flag on his shorts, fighting Felix Sturm of Germany in Oberhausen last month. Photo: Getty Images

"He's got a white woman, he's got white kids. I keep it real, all day every day.
Advertisement
"I respect him as a gentleman, I respect him as a fighter.
"That's why we're here; we're here to settle the score, and see who's going to be the best."
Geale, who lost a controversial split decision to Mundine in 2009, responded to the jibe by saying he was proud of his heritage.
"I have a lot of respect for the Aboriginal people," Geale said. "My heritage is down in Tasmania. I've done a fair bit of research. I love my heritage, and I'm proud to show that. If anyone tries to tell me that I've got no right to do that, then something bad will happen. Trust me."
No date or venue have been set for the fight, although it is likely to take place in January. Mundine was typically outspoken, saying he wanted to "exterminate" Geale.
"I'm looking to dominate the fight . . . and when I'm ready [I'll] finish him," Mundine said.
"I just want to exterminate him. No one can beat me. That's why I took this fight, to prove that the last one wasn't a fluke. I'm going to prove I'm the man

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
pourya is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2012, 05:51 AM   #2
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746
Default Re: Mundine starts the promotion

Mundine is just as white as Geale, what a ****ing Gumby.

Do Muslims believe in the dream time? He really is Dumb cunt
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 06:04 AM   #3
pourya
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i actually dont think he means what he says!
just promoting the fight
pourya is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 06:07 AM   #4
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pourya View Post
i actually dont think he means what he says!
just promoting the fight
I'm a little tired of hearing this as an excuse.
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 07:04 AM   #5
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
I'm a little tired of hearing this as an excuse.
Yeh same, a joke is a joke, but in the public eye like that it's all to easy to go too far.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 07:11 AM   #6
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

So Mundine thinks it's perfectly acceptable to crack jokes about the genocide of Tasmanian Aboriginals i.e. 'his people' while claiming he's 'more Aboriginal' than Geale is.

Seriously, if a white bloke cracked jokes like that he'd be crucified in the press.

Besides, he's not married to an Aboriginal girl, she's some ugly middle eastern scrubber he met in high school.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 07:17 AM   #7
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

if i said any of this i would be killed

Scumdine needs to **** off, sick of the cunt years ago
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 07:26 AM   #8
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think his press appearances should be scripted. He embarasses hmself and his people. Digs at his own raced being "killed" off in tasmania, then a mans wife and kids. The crack up was likening himself to a dog, very appropriate.

I used to think his ramble was for media attention, but now i think he is so full of himself he actually believes he is above common decency and respect, and can say anything, unquestioned. Unfortunately with his obvious lack of basic english and comprehension, his attempts to express himself in this way end up embarrassing for him.
fighta29 is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 07:26 AM   #9
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
if i said any of this i would be killed

Scumdine needs to **** off, sick of the cunt years ago
Yep, a classic example of reverse racism at work towards a fellow Aboriginal - one minute every Aboriginal's 'family' according to Mundine, the next he's cracking jokes about their extemrination and questioning another Aboriginal's heritage when he's got a white mother.

He must be an absolute embarrassment to Aboriginals all over Australia.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #10
ALTogethernow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighta29 View Post
I think his press appearances should be scripted. He embarasses hmself and his people. Digs at his own raced being "killed" off in tasmania, then a mans wife and kids. The crack up was likening himself to a dog, very appropriate.

I used to think his ramble was for media attention, but now i think he is so full of himself he actually believes he is above common decency and respect, and can say anything, unquestioned. Unfortunately with his obvious lack of basic english and comprehension, his attempts to express himself in this way end up embarrassing for him.
You tie with IBM and CHB as the most ignorant ****wit to ever post!
ALTogethernow is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 08:02 AM   #11
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

personally i think its all part of the promotion and he is just hyping it up any way he knows he can. Alot has been said in boxing by an opponent, Mike Tyson said he wanted to eat one guys babies but that dont mean he really wanted to... just saying.

The only thing that annoyed me in the presser was how he said he had been trying to get the big fights in USA but people are scared of fighting him and he wasnt a big enough name in America, he said Trout wasnt a big enough name to fight yet the shoe is now on the other foot and Trout is fighting Cotto. Kinda had to shake my head at that bit.

Am a little dissapointed in what he did say about the aborignal part with the flag but again thats part of the promotion he is just trying to sell the fight, prob dont make it right but i dont think he means what he is saying as per the Mike Tyson example.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 08:08 AM   #12
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925

daniel geale out of boxing is already more of a man than mundine... he is a father as well as a boxing champ he juggles alot of responsiblities....we only he from mundine when it suites mundine... am i right????
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 08:09 AM   #13
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
personally i think its all part of the promotion and he is just hyping it up any way he knows he can. Alot has been said in boxing by an opponent, Mike Tyson said he wanted to eat one guys babies but that dont mean he really wanted to... just saying.

The only thing that annoyed me in the presser was how he said he had been trying to get the big fights in USA but people are scared of fighting him and he wasnt a big enough name in America, he said Trout wasnt a big enough name to fight yet the shoe is now on the other foot and Trout is fighting Cotto. Kinda had to shake my head at that bit.

Am a little dissapointed in what he did say about the aborignal part with the flag but again thats part of the promotion he is just trying to sell the fight, prob dont make it right but i dont think he means what he is saying as per the Mike Tyson example.
it is incredible how you take the moral high ground when other boxers are concerned but you are willing to give mundine a free pass with this sort of shit, way to stick to your guns tc
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #14
4n20
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie opinion View Post
daniel geale out of boxing is already more of a man than mundine... he is a father as well as a boxing champ he juggles alot of responsiblities....we only he from mundine when it suites mundine... am i right????
4n20 is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #15
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

If Geale was Jewish would Mundine be cracking jokes about the holocaust?

He's an idiot, he's not intelligent enough to be clever like his idol Ali, so he just opens his mouth and speaks rubbish with no mind to how offensive it may be.

He's always talking himself up as being a man of his people and then turns on his own when it suits him for publicity - he's done it to Cathy Freeman, Artie Beetson, Gorden Tallis, Ricky Walford, and now Daniel Geale.

He uses his Aboriginality as a vehicle for his own advantage - he's pure scum, nothing more.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum