Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-05-2010, 09:52 AM   #1
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default No way does Manny keep Mosley that handcuffed

Styles make fights folks. No way would Pac be able to shut Mosley down like Mayweather did. In fact I think it would have been a far more competitive brawl type fight. Had Mosley landed that same shot on Pac, who knows if Pac has the savvy to survive?
Lets see Pac Mosley for the WBA welterweight title if May/Pac cant be made.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2010, 10:01 AM   #2
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: No way does Manny keep Mosley that handcuffed

yes it would be a war for the first 3 rounds, then mosley would not keep up with the much faster pacquiao and either pac stops him or the referee calls a TKO inside 10.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2010, 10:03 AM   #3
El Intocable

vCash:

This would end with Naz throwing his beloved towel into the ring.
Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2010, 10:11 AM   #4
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I dont know. Mosley has never seriously been hurt, and I would say Mosleys chin is pretty dam good. Forrest dropped him with a bomb, but Mosley still got up no problem. Could be a good fight.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:15 AM   #5
Wilhelm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think it'd look a lot like the Pac/Cotto fight. Mosley would do his best to pressure him early but in the long run the speed deficit and combination punching would have him backing up and then it's over. Mosley hasn't been the quick and dynamics puncher he was at 135 for years and years now. He's a really physically strong guy which is why he was able to beat Margo but against guys with good skills/jab (Forrest, Wright, ODLH) or good speed (PBF and Pac) he can get beat up and discouraged.
Wilhelm is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2010, 10:17 AM   #6
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 920

I don't think Pacquiao would make Mosley as insecure to punch as Mayweather did...but I could see him employing the same tactics he did against De la Hoya, in and out. But saying that, Mosley is still a lot quicker than that version of De la Hoya so it would be risky. Mosley's best chance would be to try and turn it into a war...
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #7
esconore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1458

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook31 View Post
I dont know. Mosley has never seriously been hurt, and I would say Mosleys chin is pretty dam good. Forrest dropped him with a bomb, but Mosley still got up no problem. Could be a good fight.
Idk man, u don't think Mosley looked hurt? His legs were all over the place.
esconore is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #8
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
well sort of agree that a KO is a little far-fetched, so it would more probably be a TKO where the ref stops the action after mosley tooks some punishment. of course within the early rounds, mosley has a good chance of stopping pacquiao but pac has demonstrated that he has a pretty good beard since he went up from 122 to 126 and above.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2010, 10:21 AM   #9
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by esconore View Post
Idk man, u don't think Mosley looked hurt? His legs were all over the place.
Point is I dont think Pac is stronger or a harder puncher than Vernon Forrest. Thats the only time Mosley has realistically been hurt badly. I also believe Mayweather was punching with a lot conviction and landing hard and clean on Mosley. I was suprised he held up.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:26 AM   #10
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Pac and Mosley are probably the two dudes you dont sit there and stand and trade with. This is why Mosley gave Pac and his camp the ****s. Styles make fights. Mosley has fast ass hands too.. Especially when he is letting them go. If you give Mosley a target.. he will batter it. If he dont have a target he gets frustrated. Manny does not have good or even great defense. His offense is his defense. If Mosley lands one of those right hands(he will) on Pac with full power.. Pac is not going to take a step back and reset and come back. He is going ****ing down or sprawling around the ring hurt. He dont clinch.. he never took a shot like that ..ever. Cotto hit em but not with a serious KO shot which he damn for sure dont have 1 punch KO power to the head. Pac is a better brawler but Mosley is second best and is bigger stronger and hits harder. Mosley dont fall for the banana in the tailpipe and jumps on Manny like Cotto and Hatton. Mosley keeps his range when brawls. The long arms and power will come to play.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2010, 10:30 AM   #11
Wilhelm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Point is I dont think Pac is stronger or a harder puncher than Vernon Forrest. Thats the only time Mosley has realistically been hurt badly. I also believe Mayweather was punching with a lot conviction and landing hard and clean on Mosley. I was suprised he held up.
Pac is a TOTALLY different fighter than Forrest. Forrest caught Mosley cleanly by using his length and skill and setting up punches that Mosley didn't see coming. Pac catches guys with punches that they don't expect by being quick as hell with his hand AND feet and firing combinations from positions that aren't expected. Totally, totally different styles. One thing that we can take from the PBF fight is that Mosley is really lost when he's in with a quicker guy which Pac certainly would be.

Mosley can still win big fights against guys like Clottey and Cintron and hell, even Paul Williams. But not quick guys that won't stand in front of him. Pac would be a nightmare for him and pretty much anyone else but PBF.
Wilhelm is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2010, 10:36 AM   #12
Irländsk
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pac would've blown Mosley out of the ring inside of 6 rounds.
Mosley's speed has been gone for years, he was seconds away from being outpointed by Mayorga, he was lucky to land that shot on Floyd, otherwise he would've been pulled out of the fight after 10 rounds. His corner was just hoping he could land another shot like that and let him get pounded for the full 12 waiting for it.
Floyd and Pac whoop any fighter at WW or below, and everyone knows that, all that is left is to fight eachother to prove who is better.
Irländsk is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2010, 10:38 AM   #13
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
Pac is a TOTALLY different fighter than Forrest. Forrest caught Mosley cleanly by using his length and skill and setting up punches that Mosley didn't see coming. Pac catches guys with punches that they don't expect by being quick as hell with his hand AND feet and firing combinations from positions that aren't expected. Totally, totally different styles. One thing that we can take from the PBF fight is that Mosley is really lost when he's in with a quicker guy which Pac certainly would be.

Mosley can still win big fights against guys like Clottey and Cintron and hell, even Paul Williams. But not quick guys that won't stand in front of him. Pac would be a nightmare for him and pretty much anyone else but PBF.
I wasnt comparing their styles, Im well aware of the differences, but Mosley has some advantages over Pac in this matchup, plus hes pretty dam fast himself.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:07 AM   #14
P.4.P.G.O.A.T.
Q Boro Killa Bee
ESB Addict

vCash: 13418

I agree he doesn't keep him handcuffed, but Manny would not be looking to counter at all, it would be a totally different fight. It would be an all at war - both of these guys love to brawl.
P.4.P.G.O.A.T. is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2010, 11:14 AM   #15
cm_boxing
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Styles make fights folks. No way would Pac be able to shut Mosley down like Mayweather did. In fact I think it would have been a far more competitive brawl type fight. Had Mosley landed that same shot on Pac, who knows if Pac has the savvy to survive?
Lets see Pac Mosley for the WBA welterweight title if May/Pac cant be made.
Wait, you wanna see Pac vs Mosely even after that schooling May gave him?? There are much better fights to be made out there and seeing that Manny will retire soon, I dont him waste his last few fights on Mayweather leftover.
cm_boxing is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum