Komaster is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Green Cameron Weigh in vid

cameron is a big boy. green has guts taking this fight. fiddlers like TC cry about it, but its only becuse they are jealous of a bloke with the guts they wish they had.

here are some facts about how thefight came about, and why it was only fair they fight at a simillar weight. remember cameron is a heavyweight.
Quote:

Having most recently competed as a heavyweight, Cameron described the new 89kg weight as a "Danny division", which prompted a heated reply from the Aussie most famous for knocking Roy Jones Jr cold.

"Why Shane's making out like he's the first guy in history to fight at a catchweight I have no idea," Green said. "Some of the world's best fights would never have taken place without a catchweight in place.

"People need to realise Floyd Mayweather has done it, Manny Pacquiao, Bernard Hopkins, Julio Caeser Chavez and Meldrick Taylor fought a welterweight title at catchweight in '94. It's been happening forever ... it's happening now.

"And why? Because Shane Cameron walks around at 100kg, I walk around at 86kg. So does he think I'm an idiot? Perhaps he'd be happier if I cut an arm off before the fight too - maybe that would make it fairer for him.

"He needs to know that when I wanted to fight Roy Jones Jr for the cruiserweight title they said it had to be at 81.5kg. And guess what? If you want an opportunity, you take it.

"Roy said I was too big and strong for him at the regular cruiserweight limit and so I sucked right down, then went out there and knocked him out.

"I agreed to it because I wanted it. So what's he whinging about?"

Green said Team Cameron first approached him more than two years ago, when he was still IBO cruiserweight champion. "First thing my management said was, 'Hang on, he's a heavyweight'," Green said.

"So we agreed to take the fight so long as it was 89kg. And they said no problem.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #3
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Remember CW is 200LB, this is for a CW title not a catchweight title.

Dannys so concern about Cameron coming in at 200LB yet 2 yrs ago he was calling out Brock Lesnar in a stand up bare knuckle challenge.

btw Lesnar is 121kg or 266.7LB

Quote:
“I’ve spoken to my management team about getting in touch with (UFC president) Dana White to see if it’s possible. It would have to be a stand up fight. There’s no way I could compete with Lesnar on the ground…The bloke outweighs me by plenty and was a champion college wrestler. But to stand inside a steel cage and be able to use fists and elbows … I’d fight bareknuckle if that’s what it takes to get him inside a steel cage,” Green told Sydney’s Daily Telegrap
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

low IQ and illiterate as well....TC how do you get by?

only people i know that have the above resume and get by are drug dealers....

Quote:
Having most recently competed as a heavyweight, Cameron described the new 89kg weight as a "Danny division", which prompted a heated reply from the Aussie most famous for knocking Roy Jones Jr cold.

"Why Shane's making out like he's the first guy in history to fight at a catchweight I have no idea," Green said. "Some of the world's best fights would never have taken place without a catchweight in place.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
low IQ and illiterate as well....TC how do you get by?
Yeah im illiterate and im replying to you on a boxing forum
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Yeah im illiterate and im replying to you on a boxing forum
it boggles the mind....and even more boggling is you harping on that cameron is at a disadvantage...

Quote:
Green said Team Cameron first approached him more than two years ago, when he was still IBO cruiserweight champion. "First thing my management said was, 'Hang on, he's a heavyweight'," Green said.
"So we agreed to take the fight so long as it was 89kg. And they said no problem.
"Yet now, Shane talks and people think, 'Oh, that's not fair'. What he fails to mention is that by the time we step into the ring next Wednesday he'll be back up around 96kg but me, I won't go an ounce above 86kg.
"So in a fight where weight and power is everything, I'm putting my balls on the line and giving up 10kg."
swingin is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum