Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #1
fg2227
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default How far can Brook go?

I'll be honest i dont know much but im starting to get intrested. Please educate me
fg2227 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: How far can Brook go?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

As long as that.

Kelly Brook staring in her new film, coming 2013, Kelly Brook is EXPOSED.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 3075

He might be able to pick up a belt, wich isn't too hard these days. (probably WBO or WBA interim)
But I can't imagine him beating any of the top WW's from what I've seen from him lately.
Robney is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
knotty150
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 826

I think he can go pretty damn far to be honest.

I think professionally, he's still learning and we're going to see him improve in his next few fights. His last outing against Carson Jones was absolutely exactly what he needed. He now knows that he has to maintain the performance he did in the first 5/6 rounds to be able to compete with the top WW's and I think he has it in him to achieve just that. Unlike Mike Jones who failed in his "transition," fight against Bailey, Brook got a taste of championship level boxing and came away with more than just a win... experience.

I can't think of anyone who he wouldn't be able to compete with. Guerrero, Alexander, Bradley etc... They might all be slightly beyond him right now but give him 2/3 more fights and I'll be surprised if he's not far off them.
knotty150 is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

They talking about Alexander or Bailey in the next fight. Wherever it may be, I think Bailey he beats, but Alexander is a very very difficult fight. I like Kell, I think he's a down to earth steel city lad, and I think he's got the ability to be the best fighter to come out of England in recent memory. That being said, and all my jokes aside, I can't help but feel one day, against top opposition, he'll fall short, maybe not of the level that Khan and Hatton did, but JUST short. Put it this way, I don't think he'll get exposed as badly as those two did.

But I'm here to be proved wrong, I'd like Kell to take it to the best in America and bring it home. He has the talent, it's just the mindset that worry's me. But I don't know the bloke personally, so who am I to say? But in the ring, I still have one or two doubts, hopefully he can put them to bed.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
L.J.KEYS.
C♯ Sharp or B♭ Flat
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knotty150 View Post
professionally, he's still learning and we're going to see him improve in his next few fights. His last outing against Carson Jones was absolutely exactly what he needed. He now knows that he has to maintain the performance he did in the first 5/6 rounds to be able to compete with the top WW's and I think he has it in him to achieve just that. Unlike Mike Jones who failed in his "transition," fight against Bailey, Brook got a taste of championship level boxing and came away with more than just a win... experience.

I can't think of anyone who he wouldn't be able to compete with. Guerrero, Alexander, Bradley etc... They might all be slightly beyond him right now but give him 2/3 more fights and I'll be surprised if he's not far off them.
I agree that he can go far, but you cant really compare carson jones punching power to randall baileys...not sure if brook could have taken the shot that knocked out mike jones...we'll only know when he gets in with someone with that kind of power....saldivias supposed to have a fair dig on him so we might see tomoro night
L.J.KEYS. is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
jonny
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

What you have to bair in mind is' in all brooks 28 fights to date, he has always done his own thing re diet+conditioning. all top fighters have these professional people on board with them, brook got this far on his own, brook now has them on board, i think he will beat the lot except pbf.
jonny is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #8
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.J.KEYS. View Post
I agree that he can go far, but you cant really compare carson jones punching power to randall baileys...not sure if brook could have taken the shot that knocked out mike jones...we'll only know when he gets in with someone with that kind of power....saldivias supposed to have a fair dig on him so we might see tomoro night
Baileys power is uncanny. It doesn't look like he is throwing much behind the punch, but when it lands, it's cuckoo cuckoo. Jones wasn't doing badly up until Bailey landed those punches. Bailey looked disinterested for all the fight until the end.

Some fighters throw punches that look so powerful, but really they aren't that bad. Amir Khan throws punches as if they are super human, but nobody rates his power, handspeed yes.

Many fighters have been like Bailey, it's weird. The punches don't look like nothing special, but when they land it's a different story. Corrie Sanders RIP was another one!

It's down to heavy hands and technique, not how fast or flashy you throw them!
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #9
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

I feel he will become a world champion, pretty confident in the lad's ability even after the Jones gutcheck. After that i'm not sure, got a fair bit to work on IMHO if were talking elite level stuff and being a long time champion.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #10
topdog88
frohaye
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 5139

He's got a quality skillset, as long as there's improvement in his stamina after the last fight there's a massive improvement that'll of been made in just one training camp!

I believe his defence could use a bit of work though! Because once the pressure came against Jones he found it hard to get out of danger, that could be down to him out on his feet though and we will find out more tomorrow hopefully!
topdog88 is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #11
GrizzyBeard
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

There is no way in hell Bailey is beating Alexander. Bailey is done.

Alexander is much better than Mike Jones and Jones won every minuite of every round apart from the obvious KO and knock down.

I think Brook can beat Alexander but he did look like shit in his last fight.
GrizzyBeard is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #12
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

He'll be ****ed in his next hurdle, and I'm being bluntly honest.

Alexander alone has got a really tough fight. If Bailey lands on Alexander, I see Alexander going out, and now if we're talking about someone like Bailey vs Brook... well Bailey is going to land and when he does, it won't be pretty.

If Brook happens to face Alexander, he's still in for a hugely tough fight because he's in with a guy who throws 101 punches a round. Also, Brook's style isn't one to cause Alexander problems.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #13
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

2 weight world champion, 147 & 154
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #14
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Provided he beats Saldivia, I think whether he wins the belt depends on who he fights. Against Bailey I reckon he'd win, vs Alexander I doubt it.
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #15
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
He'll be ****ed in his next hurdle, and I'm being bluntly honest.

Alexander alone has got a really tough fight. If Bailey lands on Alexander, I see Alexander going out, and now if we're talking about someone like Bailey vs Brook... well Bailey is going to land and when he does, it won't be pretty.

If Brook happens to face Alexander, he's still in for a hugely tough fight because he's in with a guy who throws 101 punches a round. Also, Brook's style isn't one to cause Alexander problems.
Watch out, you'll get called a troll on here!

I agree with everything you said mate, although I think Devon beats Bailey, and if Devon gets the fight with Brook, I think he wins that fight.
craney91 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum