SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: Devon Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
More skilled inside AND outside?

I think Devon can do both if necessary, whereas Kell on the inside needs to improve. He is all about walking his opponent down on a jab. Carson Jones closed the distance and took it to Kell like never before, nobody expected that of Jones before did they? I think Devon can do better than Carson Jones. Alexander's got a loose guard, i think he gets tagged when pressured and he's mentally fragile. I think a fair few of the American fighters nowadays are..

I think those that have doubt over Devon, will either be proved correct or or stand corrected come tomorrow night.

Like somebody else said, I thought Bailey looked average against Jones, apart from the finish. I think his position in the rankings lies myself, his power and power alone has got him in that position. I mean he's 38 n' all and looked disinterested all fight until he landed on glass.

If he faces somebody a bit smarter who doesn't go in chin out and get involved in a scrap, he will get exposed and look average.

Devon whoops Bailey and you lot have second thoughts come Monday morning. It's a tough fight for Kell.

Maidana was good against Khan, the man has revolutionized himself again, he looked top class last fight.
I don't think either him or Kell are fantastic inside fighters, I think Devon likes mid to long range. Kell the same but Kell has a better variety of shots IMHO Craney.

I don't put to much emphasis into the Carson Jones fight he looked in cruise control then fell apart. Broken nose didn't help him but he did fight through it unlike Alexander who screamed like a girl when cut by Bradley.

I don't agree with Maidana looking great in his last fight, Yeah great he used a jab and a bit more though and refinement against Soto Karass but TBH anyone would look skilled against Soto Karass bless him the warrior that he is. And TBH he was hurt that fight, i think he was borderline on the way out. The bodyshots were really troubling him, but he done well to win but i'm not sold on Maidana. Not even the puncher he was made out to be IMHO.

And Bailey for all his power was outboxed by Mike Jones, He's been done for a while but some fighters can't handle the power of the man. But i fully expect Alexander to win and win well, if he doesn't then i'd be shocked..
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #18
Little Tyson
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1284

Matthysee beat him
Bradley beat him

He will probably win tonight, but he won't go that far after that.
Little Tyson is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #19
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Gemma Atkinson.

Go on............you can and have a google search and a now
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #20
GrizzyBeard
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Tyson View Post
Matthysee beat him
Bradley beat him

He will probably win tonight, but he won't go that far after that.
Kell?

Alexander is so much better than Carson Jones.

Matthysee and Bradley are Elite. Matthysee beats Bradley aswell imo.
GrizzyBeard is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #21
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
I don't think either him or Kell are fantastic inside fighters, I think Devon likes mid to long range. Kell the same but Kell has a better variety of shots IMHO Craney.

I don't put to much emphasis into the Carson Jones fight he looked in cruise control then fell apart. Broken nose didn't help him but he did fight through it unlike Alexander who screamed like a girl when cut by Bradley.

I don't agree with Maidana looking great in his last fight, Yeah great he used a jab and a bit more though and refinement against Soto Karass but TBH anyone would look skilled against Soto Karass bless him the warrior that he is. And TBH he was hurt that fight, i think he was borderline on the way out. The bodyshots were really troubling him, but he done well to win but i'm not sold on Maidana. Not even the puncher he was made out to be IMHO.

And Bailey for all his power was outboxed by Mike Jones, He's been done for a while but some fighters can't handle the power of the man. But i fully expect Alexander to win and win well, if he doesn't then i'd be shocked..
Maidana vs Brook.

?

I think that's got Ttttt-ttt-tttt-ttt-trouble written all over it. More so than Devon.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #22
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Maidana vs Brook.

?

I think that's got Ttttt-ttt-tttt-ttt-trouble written all over it. More so than Devon.
Styles make fights, Kell doesn't use his legs as defence. He stands his ground more which would give Maidana more of a chance. A little like Kotelnik the fight would be fought centre ring.

Alexander uses his legs to create space, moves a lot and boxes more purely then Brook who likes to stand a pick shots.

Maidana vs Brook would be entertaining, but Brook could win it IMO.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #23
GrizzyBeard
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Maidana vs Brook.

?

No point in fighting Maidana.

Domestic fight with Khan and Brook take it
GrizzyBeard is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #24
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Styles make fights, Kell doesn't use his legs as defence. He stands his ground more which would give Maidana more of a chance. A little like Kotelnik the fight would be fought centre ring.

Alexander uses his legs to create space, moves a lot and boxes more purely then Brook who likes to stand a pick shots.

Maidana vs Brook would be entertaining, but Brook could win it IMO.
I think he could win it to, same as Alexander, if he gives his absolute best and the other doesn't for whatever reason. Do you think Brook beats Pacquiao? Or Guerrero? Or Bradley? Or Mayweather?

I think he can win the IBF title if he beats Alexander, but I think thats it. I don't think he beats any of the 4 I just mentioned.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #25
miguel2010
His hands are his weapons
ESB Addict

vCash: 756

Quote:
Gemma Atkinson.

Go on............you can and have a google search and a now
Hahaha....Used to go out with a lass looks just like her......not as good tits like.....She dyed her hair ****ing red and it lost the appeal....Silly cow!
miguel2010 is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #26
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel2010 View Post
Hahaha....Used to go out with a lass looks just like her......not as good tits like.....She dyed her hair ****ing red and it lost the appeal....Silly cow!
Mate, those are fake though

I swear to god they are all at that sh*t! Everywhere I see, its died red hair. What are they playing at? What would their mothers say?

What popstar did that to brainwash them all?
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #27
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
I think he could win it to, same as Alexander, if he gives his absolute best and the other doesn't for whatever reason. Do you think Brook beats Pacquiao? Or Guerrero? Or Bradley? Or Mayweather?

I think he can win the IBF title if he beats Alexander, but I think thats it. I don't think he beats any of the 4 I just mentioned.
Nah Brook doesn't beat Floyd, Pac is on the decline if that happens a year down the line we don't know if Pac could be totally shot by then but i still would favour Pac right now although i think Brook would do himself justice in his display.

Bradley no i think they did the right thing not facing Timothy at this point in Brook's career, I know Brook's taken the Jones fight hard he felt it was like a loss without being one so facing a world class fighter in Bradley for little fan fare wouldn't of made sense IMO.

Guerrero is a good boxer but i think 147 isn't his best weight and Brook could hang with him.

All tough fights but i'd say Brook loses 3 of the 4. Guerrero at present being the easier of the assignments IMO. Although Brook would still have major issues with Robert. But it's a fight where i think he'd get to Guerrero and trade off with him and succeed.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #28
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Nah Brook doesn't beat Floyd, Pac is on the decline if that happens a year down the line we don't know if Pac could be totally shot by then but i still would favour Pac right now.

Bradley no i think they did the right thing not facing Timothy at this point in Brook's career, I know Brook's taken the Jones fight hard he felt it was like a loss without being one so facing a world class fighter in Bradley for little fan fare wouldn't of made sense IMO.

Guerrero is a good boxer but i think 147 isn't his best weight and Brook could hang with him.

All tough fights but i'd day Brook loses 3 of the 4. Guerrero at present being the easier of the assignments IMO.
I reckon Pacquiao out of the 4. Myself. It seems he has declined hand in hand with his political runs in the Philippines. Does he really care anymore, he didn't seem arsed after the Bradley "loss", OK we can say he is sporting and doesn't say sh*t, but If you think you've been robbed, you say so.

Same with Vitali really, both declining as they are focused elsewhere. Out of the 4 I think he could take Pacquiao by boxing clever. But the others, I don't see him having success with. Floyd makes him look amateur, Bradley is far to awkward and his worst nightmare, and Guerrero is underrated and very big, maybe to big for Kell, and he can go abit to.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #29
miguel2010
ESB Addict

Quote:
Mate, those are fake though

I swear to god they are all at that sh*t! Everywhere I see, its died red hair. What are they playing at? What would their mothers say?

What popstar did that to brainwash them all?
I know yeah, they look the part though!

**** knows, it pisses me off!.....Its just another form of ginger!!! haha
Old 10-19-2012, 08:24 PM   #30
miguel2010
ESB Addict

I said a while back I think Kell can do himself justice against all the top boys in time, except Floyd.

I stand by that. I may well be super wrong, but no fighter is the complete fighter at 25, he is still learning.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum