boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-21-2012, 12:31 AM   #1
Barrera
Cotto Crabwalk Enthusiast
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default current fighters who are looking good but you refuse to give them credit

list em boys

nonito donaire
and danny garcia for me

nonito is coming off a few good wins and has never really looked in danger so i do give him credit but i dislike him when he says he wants to be undisputed yet refuses to fight rigo but feels the need to badmouth him via twitter facebook. if he fights and beats rigo ill give him all the credit in the world

Garcia - the khan KO impressed me though he was down on the cards at the time it was still a good win. i feel the morales fights were a step back in opposition (regardless of a rematch clause or not) i hope he fights great fighters from here on in (his wide hooks, though seemingly effective really put me off him)
Barrera is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2012, 12:37 AM   #2
Maximus
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 505
Default Re: current fighters who are looking good but you refuse to give them credit

Garcia has 2 good wins behind him but Khan was handling him with ease until the first KD after he got ****y (and I'm no fan of Khan's). He clearly has good power and more importantly great timing when it matters, and he's entertaining to watch. The 4th round against Khan was a round of the year contender for me.
Maximus is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 02:18 AM   #3
straightXed
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 330
Default Re: current fighters who are looking good but you refuse to give them credit

Broner and Donaire.
straightXed is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 02:20 AM   #4
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Rios. Yay, he beat a guy who's barely a top 10 junior welter. I still have no desire whatsoever to see him in with Pacquiao in an utter waste of a fight.

Quillin too. He still lost more rounds than he won tonight and despite his impressive power my opinion of him wasn't significantly increased.
purephase is online now  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 02:44 AM   #5
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

Probably Donaire. I had so much respect for him around the time when he became an advocate for stringent blood testing. Now he's starting to run his mouth and is acting like a diva. Just STFU and fight Rigo. I will give ND a final pass for fighting Arce. But if ND wins and moves on to 126 to fight someone like PDL he is a fraud in my book. Moving up in weight to fight a bigger but less skilled guy is not better than staying at 122 to fight the top guys there.

As for Danny, I give him all the credit in the world. And I don't care if I'm the only one. People resent him because of Angel but they're two different people and Danny should never be blamed for Angel's actions. Not crediting DG for the Khan fight is so bull****. Yes, he was down on the cards before the KO but what about being able to eat Khan's shots like they were candy and the ability to force a comeback? That's not impressive? Keep in mind DG was a big underdog going into that fight. Not only did he win but KOed a top guy. The win over Morales was expected, but NOBODY expected Erik to be iced with one punch like that! DG does things people don't expect and that's damn special.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 02:54 AM   #6
lern1079
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
Probably Donaire. I had so much respect for him around the time when he became an advocate for stringent blood testing. Now he's starting to run his mouth and is acting like a diva. Just STFU and fight Rigo. I will give ND a final pass for fighting Arce. But if ND wins and moves on to 126 to fight someone like PDL he is a fraud in my book. Moving up in weight to fight a bigger but less skilled guy is not better than staying at 122 to fight the top guys there.

As for Danny, I give him all the credit in the world. And I don't care if I'm the only one. People resent him because of Angel but they're two different people and Danny should never be blamed for Angel's actions. Not crediting DG for the Khan fight is so bull****. Yes, he was down on the cards before the KO but what about being able to eat Khan's shots like they were candy and the ability to force a comeback? That's not impressive? Keep in mind DG was a big underdog going into that fight. Not only did he win but KOed a top guy. The win over Morales was expected, but NOBODY expected Erik to be iced with one punch like that! DG does things people don't expect and that's damn special.
How is Donaire running his mouth and acting like a Diva?

Nonito has more KO's than Rigo has pro fights.

So if he moves up doesn't fight Rigo then he is a "fraud"? Come on are you serious?
lern1079 is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 04:57 AM   #7
vargasfan1985
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5133

Canelo. I am just waiting for him to be exposed. I know it's coming.
vargasfan1985 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum