boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
melo9100
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 527
vCash: 2300
Default Stylistically, Theres Little Chance Of Matthysse Beating Danny Garcia.

Matthysse is a pressure fighter with slow hands and feet. Not to mention he's shown that. he can be countered consistantly. This style of fighter is tailor made for Garcia. And I don't think to highly of Garcia as a fighter. but he impressed. me last night. Not because of what he did , It was the way he did it. His intangibles are top notch. He's way faster than I thought he was. His timing is perfect , And that left hook is takin folks out. lol I think his punch variety has immensely improved. Garcia Vs Matthysse would basically. come down to "Can Matthysse Take Danny's Left Hook Long Enough To Wear Him Down" And I don't think he can take that hook to many times. That being said danny can be outboxed easily.. I think Peterson and Judah could both outbox him. Everybody. else at one 140
come straight forward. If Danny ever moves up to 147 he gets bodied every one there worth fighting except Bradley.
melo9100 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links


Old 10-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #2
polowear28
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 486
vCash: 500
Default Re: Stylistically, Theres Little Chance Of Matthysse Beating Danny Garcia.

Ok. Matthysse holds boxing skills. /sarcasm /thread
polowear28 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
Genaro G
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,366
vCash: 960
Default Re: Stylistically, Theres Little Chance Of Matthysse Beating Danny Garcia.

Garcia, Lopez, Vargas, and Bradley are the best 'boxers' at 140-147. The others are one-dimensional and/or crude brawlers.
Genaro G is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
v2k987
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 1582
Default Re: Stylistically, Theres Little Chance Of Matthysse Beating Danny Garcia.

I agree. The X factor of the fight would be 'how does Lucas take Garcia's power?'

Because Garcia is definitely going to land. If Matthyse can stand up to the power then he will win.
v2k987 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
ecdrm15
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 3,424
vCash: 1220
Default Re: Stylistically, Theres Little Chance Of Matthysse Beating Danny Garcia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melo9100 View Post
Matthysse is a pressure fighter with slow hands and feet. Not to mention he's shown that. he can be countered consistantly. This style of fighter is tailor made for Garcia. And I don't think to highly of Garcia as a fighter. but he impressed. me last night. Not because of what he did , It was the way he did it. His intangibles are top notch. He's way faster than I thought he was. His timing is perfect , And that left hook is takin folks out. lol I think his punch variety has immensely improved. Garcia Vs Matthysse would basically. come down to "Can Matthysse Take Danny's Left Hook Long Enough To Wear Him Down" And I don't think he can take that hook to many times. That being said danny can be outboxed easily.. I think Peterson and Judah could both outbox him. Everybody. else at one 140
come straight forward. If Danny ever moves up to 147 he gets bodied every one there worth fighting except Bradley.
ecdrm15 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #6
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 11,240
vCash: 75
Default Re: Stylistically, Theres Little Chance Of Matthysse Beating Danny Garcia.

Disagree, strongly.

Without going into a big technical breakdown (I never do that, right?) Garcia drops his left hand and is far to open to the right hand. Khan landed it, Morales landed it, and it just so happens to be LM's best punch.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #7
Genaro G
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,366
vCash: 960
Default Re: Stylistically, Theres Little Chance Of Matthysse Beating Danny Garcia.

Oh and since when can Peterson outbox anyone? He fights like a traditional mexican brawler, abandoning his jab and coming in head first to kill the body. He can only win one way, thats by getting inside. Garcia is the much much better boxer of two and can beat Lamint in more than one way. Judah would get stopped. He's still a 5 rd fighter.
Genaro G is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #8
wallworkjake123
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,593
vCash: 500
Default Re: Stylistically, Theres Little Chance Of Matthysse Beating Danny Garcia.

Peterson out-boxed Ortiz, and Garica can't fight inside. Peterson has a real chance in that fight. Matthysse could out-box Garcia IMO. Or at least get the better of the boxing.
wallworkjake123 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #9
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 11,240
vCash: 75
Default Re: Stylistically, Theres Little Chance Of Matthysse Beating Danny Garcia.

Peterson could outmaul Garcia. He'd hold his own with the jab too, but not with mid range combination exchanges.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #10
Genaro G
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,366
vCash: 960
Default Re: Stylistically, Theres Little Chance Of Matthysse Beating Danny Garcia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallworkjake123 View Post
Peterson out-boxed Ortiz, and Garica can't fight inside. Peterson has a real chance in that fight. Matthysse could out-box Garcia IMO. Or at least get the better of the boxing.
Peterson didnt outbox Ortiz. He outsluggd him, beating him to the punch with the right hand. There's a big difference between pot-shotting and outboxing someone. Garcia cant fight inside? Where's the proof? No fighter has been capable or stupid enough to make it an inside fight vs him. You dont know what ur talking about.
Genaro G is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:13 PM   #11
wallworkjake123
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,593
vCash: 500
Default Re: Stylistically, Theres Little Chance Of Matthysse Beating Danny Garcia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genaro G View Post
Peterson didnt outbox Ortiz. He outsluggd him, beating him to the punch with the right hand. There's a big difference between pot-shotting and outboxing someone.
He out-boxed him. And who has Garcia 'out-boxed'? Khan? No. Morales? No. Holt? Yes but with problems.

Garcia has the power, but he doesn't 'out-box' people.
wallworkjake123 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #12
Genaro G
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,366
vCash: 960
Default Re: Stylistically, Theres Little Chance Of Matthysse Beating Danny Garcia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallworkjake123 View Post
He out-boxed him. And who has Garcia 'out-boxed'? Khan? No. Morales? No. Holt? Yes but with problems.

Garcia has the power, but he doesn't 'out-box' people.
He broke Morales down, setting up Morales behind the jab and body shots. Countered Morales' famous right hand feint - uppercut with a jab right hook which Erik acknowledged, hurt him badly in the 3rd with a jab right hand, and finished him with a text book left hook counter-punch. If thats not outboxing someone then what is? What the **** are you talking about?
Genaro G is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #13
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 11,240
vCash: 75
Default Re: Stylistically, Theres Little Chance Of Matthysse Beating Danny Garcia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genaro G View Post
He broke Morales down, setting up Morales behind the jab and body shots. Countered Morales' famous right hand feint - uppercut with a jab right hook which Erik acknowledged, hurt him badly in the 3rd with a jab right hand, and finished him with a text book left hook counter-punch. If thats not outboxing someone then what is? What the **** are you talking about?
Congratulations, he out-boxed the corpse of a super featherweight.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #14
Genaro G
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,366
vCash: 960
Default Re: Stylistically, Theres Little Chance Of Matthysse Beating Danny Garcia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJS19 View Post
Congratulations, he out-boxed the corpse of a super featherweight.
Who has Peterson outboxed?
Genaro G is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #15
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 11,240
vCash: 75
Default Re: Stylistically, Theres Little Chance Of Matthysse Beating Danny Garcia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genaro G View Post
Who has Peterson outboxed?
Peterson has been fighting people his own size.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015