Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2008, 01:12 PM   #1
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
Posts: 8,020
vCash: 1000
Default What post would you like explained or given PROOF of....

by any poster? Name the poster and something they have said, and ask for any proof they can give you!

(Exception being that Psyco cannot ask Black, who is here somewhere as an alias, about the rematch clause from Pac-JMM 1!!)
kg0208 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2008, 06:47 PM   #2
Thinman
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What post would you like explained or given PROOF of....

I would like some one to explain to me the importance of being a LINEAL Champion.

I cannot mention a specific name of a poster who have used the word lineal because there are too many, but I can say they have mentioned the word lineal to mean something like, "he is better because he was lineal at that weight" or..... "he's achieved more because he has been lineal several times". They also have mentioned the word lineal meaning "He's the real deal or he was the real deal".

If being lineal is really important then I would like some one to explain the relevance of it.

I have asked this question regarding this topic before, but I did not get a clear or real explanation.

Last edited by Thinman; 01-31-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Thinman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:49 PM   #3
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 32,959
vCash: 1900
Default Re: What post would you like explained or given PROOF of....

I'm still waiting for Pimp c to post proof of floyd calling out/challenging margo.
Relentless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:19 PM   #4
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 18,222
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What post would you like explained or given PROOF of....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinman
I would like some one to explain to me the importance of being a LINEAL Champion.

I cannot mention a specific name of a poster who have used the word lineal because there are too many, but I can say they have mentioned the word lineal to mean something like, "he is better because he was lineal at that weight" or..... "he's achieved more because he has been lineal several times". They also have mentioned the word lineal meaning "He's the real deal or he was the real deal".

If being lineal is really important then I would like some one to explain the relevance of it.

I have asked this question regarding this topic before, but I did not get a clear or real explanation.
there is a historic value to it, beating the man who beat the man, even though the lineal champ isn't always the best guy in the weight class.

see below for evidence:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:24 PM   #5
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 3,045
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What post would you like explained or given PROOF of....

Lineal is most often equated with being undisputed. If there were no belts (and people need to stop giving those damn belts ANY credit), then Linear IS Undisputed, and thats all that matters...as it should.
Illmatic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:29 PM   #6
Knob McDude
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 531
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What post would you like explained or given PROOF of....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
(Exception being that Psyco cannot ask Black, who is here somewhere as an alias, about the rematch clause from Pac-JMM 1!!)



When I saw the thread title, this is the first thought that came to mind.
Knob McDude is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:31 PM   #7
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL USA
Posts: 8,020
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What post would you like explained or given PROOF of....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knob McDude


When I saw the thread title, this is the first thought that came to mind.
It's what inspired the thread
kg0208 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:13 PM   #8
Thinman
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What post would you like explained or given PROOF of....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thread Stealer
there is a historic value to it, beating the man who beat the man, even though the lineal champ isn't always the best guy in the weight class.

see below for evidence:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Ok, so there is a historic value, but that doesn't make the boxer better. If you pay attention to some post when posters bring that up, you will see clearly that they mean that the Lineal Champion is better as a boxer than the rest.

To me the real man is the boxer who demonstrates that in the ring. If I beat the so called Lineal Champ and he's not the real man in that weightclass then you and many others can say that I did not beat the real man. Right?

Why do we have to consider the Lineal Champ as the real man eventhough he is not or may not be the real man as you just mentioned? Isn't this contradictory?

Again, what is the relevance? What about the boxer who actually defeat the real "real man" and not the fake one (Lineal). Would you consider that relevant, or would you say that it's irrelevant because he did not defeat the Lineal Champ?
Thinman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:16 PM   #9
rendog67
The firestarter
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: philadelphia museum of art
Posts: 1,086
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What post would you like explained or given PROOF of....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinman
Ok, so there is a historic value, but that doesn't make the boxer better. If you pay attention to some post when posters bring that up, you will see clearly that they mean that the Lineal Champion is better as a boxer than the rest.

To me the real man is the boxer who demonstrates that in the ring. If I beat the so called Lineal Champ and he's not the real man in that weightclass then you and many others can say that I did not beat the real man. Right?

Why do we have to consider the Lineal Champ as the real man eventhough he is not or may not be the real man as you just mentioned? Isn't this contradictory?

Again, what is the relevance? What about the boxer who actually defeat the real "real man" and not the fake one (Lineal). Would you consider that relevant, or would you say that it's irrelevant because he did not defeat the Lineal Champ?
thats what keeps boxing, and especially these sites alive.
rendog67 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:24 PM   #10
Thinman
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What post would you like explained or given PROOF of....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmatic
Lineal is most often equated with being undisputed. If there were no belts (and people need to stop giving those damn belts ANY credit), then Linear IS Undisputed, and thats all that matters...as it should.
This is another mistake. People who think that Lineal=undisputed are wrong.

If there were no belts nobody would talk about lineal or undisputed at all, people will talk instead about who the main man is or who the real man is. This is why I think the word Lineal is meaningless. People should talk about who the real deal is in any particular weighclass, even if we have all these alphabet belts.
Thinman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:28 PM   #11
Thinman
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What post would you like explained or given PROOF of....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendog67
thats what keeps boxing, and especially these sites alive.
Actually, your answer is a good one. I think some people like to hear those kind of distintions eventhough at the end mean nothing.
Thinman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:32 PM   #12
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What post would you like explained or given PROOF of....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
I'm still waiting for Pimp c to post proof of floyd calling out/challenging margo.
To Pimp C's defense, Floyd 'kinda' did. A couple weeks before Margarito's fight w/ Gomez, Mayweather supposedly said he'd fight him. Of course he expects Arum and everyone to drop anything they may have committed to (fighter, fighters stable, venue, cable TV providers....) as if it were that simple. Well, I gess it is that simple to simpletons.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:36 PM   #13
Gonzo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Partying with Floyd
Posts: 346
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What post would you like explained or given PROOF of....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
To Pimp C's defense, Floyd 'kinda' did. A couple weeks before Margarito's fight w/ Gomez, Mayweather supposedly said he'd fight him. Of course he expects Arum and everyone to drop anything they may have committed to (fighter, fighters stable, venue, cable TV providers....) as if it were that simple. Well, I gess it is that simple to simpletons.
You're an idiot, you probably think margo beats Floyd.
Gonzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:39 PM   #14
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What post would you like explained or given PROOF of....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo
You're an idiot, you probably think margo beats Floyd.
What makes me an idiot with that post? Are you saying what I posted is untrue? Don't bea little bitch, explain yourself.

And yes, I do believe Margarito can beat Floyd. Doesn't mean he will. But he possesses tangibles that could trouble little Floyd. He's tough as hell, so a KO is likley out of the question. And Margarito is relentless with his pressure, so he'll make Floyd work his ass off for a UD.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:47 PM   #15
Gonzo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Partying with Floyd
Posts: 346
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What post would you like explained or given PROOF of....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
What makes me an idiot with that post? Are you saying what I posted is untrue? Don't bea little bitch, explain yourself.

And yes, I do believe Margarito can beat Floyd. Doesn't mean he will. But he possesses tangibles that could trouble little Floyd. He's tough as hell, so a KO is likley out of the question. And Margarito is relentless with his pressure, so he'll make Floyd work his ass off for a UD.
Margo is flat-footed and throws wide looping punches. Perfect for Floyd to land that straight right hand all night. I see Floyd winning by a wide UD. Clottey was dominating Margarito up until the point where he broke his hand and stopped throwing punches.
Gonzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013