Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #1
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Question Did you learn anything new about Kell Brook?

I called it inside 4, woopedy do, but I don't think I know anything now, that I didn't know before the fight. Kell is very accurate and has great technique when throwing a punch, and the jab he stopped Saldivia was well timed as Saldivia came in low.

For us to well and truly learn something tonight, in all honesty, we needed to see Kell pushed again to see the "improvement", Kell was bang on first half of fight against Carson Jones. The later part of the fight was put down to poor prep before the fight. With the fight not going into the mid to late rounds tonight, did we really learn anything new?

Fair play to Kell, hope he does win the IBF, but then after that, I'd like him to defend it against top opposition, not crappy mandatorys like Carl Froch "Yusuf Mack". Get the Amir Khan fight on, defend the belt, then take it to the top fighters in America.

I personally think he will fall short when he goes for those top 4 and could struggle against Devon Alexander well before even thinking about those top 4. If Bailey somehow beats Devon tonight, then I think he walks that fight against Bailey, but Alexander, I just don't know. Tough fight for me. (and I expect Alexander to wipe the floor with Bailey tonight)

Wherever the IBF fight is, here or there, I think against Alexander, Brook has trouble.

But we'll see.

Thoughts?
craney91 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
flatulent_bob
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 468
vCash: 498
Default Re: Did you learn anything new about Kell Brook?

Nope, apart from he wasn't in top shape against Jones.
flatulent_bob is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,962
vCash: 500
Default Re: Did you learn anything new about Kell Brook?

No, his mrs looks pretty fit though.
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Default Re: Did you learn anything new about Kell Brook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatulent_bob View Post
Nope, apart from he wasn't in top shape against Jones.
He looked in the best shape tonight, but didn't go into the mid to late rounds, because of the early finish. That's what the questions were about after the Carson Jones fight, were they answered tonight?......we didn't get to see the answers....it didn't get to that point.

That could mean though, that he has true knockout power now.

Fantastic jab, but Salvidia walked into it at speed, timing has to be spot on of course, which it was, but it doubles the effect of the punch.
craney91 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #5
REEVO
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,569
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did you learn anything new about Kell Brook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
I called it inside 4, woopedy do, but I don't think I know anything now, that I didn't know before the fight. Kell is very accurate and has great technique when throwing a punch, and the jab he stopped Saldivia was well timed as Saldivia came in low.

For us to well and truly learn something tonight, in all honesty, we needed to see Kell pushed again to see the "improvement", Kell was bang on first half of fight against Carson Jones. The later part of the fight was put down to poor prep before the fight. With the fight not going into the mid to late rounds tonight, did we really learn anything new?

Fair play to Kell, hope he does win the IBF, but then after that, I'd like him to defend it against top opposition, not crappy mandatorys like Carl Froch "Yusuf Mack". Get the Amir Khan fight on, defend the belt, then take it to the top fighters in America.

I personally think he will fall short when he goes for those top 4 and could struggle against Devon Alexander well before even thinking about those top 4. If Bailey somehow beats Devon tonight, then I think he walks that fight against Bailey, but Alexander, I just don't know. Tough fight for me. (and I expect Alexander to wipe the floor with Bailey tonight)

Wherever the IBF fight is, here or there, I think against Alexander, Brook has trouble.

But we'll see.

Thoughts?
My thoughts are exactly the same as earlier you chat complete shit pall and like to give top British fighters a kicking.. Go do one you **** lunch no one wants to listen to what you have to say anyway. Carl Froch can have a fight like Mack he has one of the best Trsume's of british boxing you tard..
REEVO is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #6
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,848
vCash: 500
Default Re: Did you learn anything new about Kell Brook?

Nah but he did what he needed to do and at the right time.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #7
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Default Re: Did you learn anything new about Kell Brook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by REEVO View Post
My thoughts are exactly the same as earlier you chat complete shit pall and like to give top British fighters a kicking.. Go do one you **** lunch no one wants to listen to what you have to say anyway. Carl Froch can have a fight like Mack he has one of the best Trsume's of british boxing you tard..
Are you drinking

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

by any chance?

If you can find where I've given a top British fighter a kicking, be my guest. I don't think much of Carl Froch, that's my opinion, just like you have yours. But I'll give credit where credits due. (and whats the bet you come back with one of my half hearted joke posts as evidence?)

And you don't have to rate a top British fighter, you don't have to be a zombie and do so, because you say so.

This is boxing, and just like the fighters, not everybody is the same.
craney91 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #8
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: A hollow vulcano lair!
Posts: 25,446
vCash: 5250
Default Re: Did you learn anything new about Kell Brook?

That choice of opponent can make a huge difference in how he looks during and after the fight.
Robney is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #9
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Default Re: Did you learn anything new about Kell Brook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robney View Post
That choice of opponent can make a huge difference in how he looks during and after the fight.
So what you saying, crappy opponent tonight? Or what?
craney91 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #10
Stunkie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 248
vCash: 75
Default Re: Did you learn anything new about Kell Brook?

Learned nothing about Brook but I did learn that Eddie has more than one shirt!
Stunkie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #11
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: A hollow vulcano lair!
Posts: 25,446
vCash: 5250
Default Re: Did you learn anything new about Kell Brook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
So what you saying, crappy opponent tonight? Or what?
I was saying that before the fight and I'm saying it again... I can't imagine how Saldivia got rated this high by the IBF.
The guy got stopped by the 2 best fighters he faced, while the best of them isn't even concidered to be very good either. It was a step down from Hatton and certainly Jones.
Robney is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:19 PM   #12
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavík
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: Did you learn anything new about Kell Brook?

**** all.

It was always likely to end inside 4 given he was put away by Ouali when Ouali himself was hurt and thus not fully delivering with 100% power, and Ouali is not a huge hitter at all.
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #13
shenmue
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,077
vCash: 75
Default Re: Did you learn anything new about Kell Brook?

Saldiva has punch resistance far worse than Khan, embarrassed for the Argie. learned nothing about Brook in this fight. Against Devon we might though.
shenmue is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:23 PM   #14
The Genius
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,470
vCash: 500
Default Re: Did you learn anything new about Kell Brook?

He has a roast dinner for his breakfast.
The Genius is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #15
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Default Re: Did you learn anything new about Kell Brook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
No killer instinct, he should of bombed that guy out in after the first knockdown.
Nout wrong with being composed and not rushing in, if you get caught, you'll regret rushing in. Brook picked his shots and made sure he finished the job, without sticking his neck on the line.

The champs that keep the belt do that.
craney91 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013