boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644
Default When will the myth that Khan was dominating or easily winning vs Garica end?

Anyone with a shread of boxing knowledge and a good pair of unbiased eyes saw that Garcia was in the fight and was landing from the first round. The first round was close and could have gone either way and the second was a Khan round but not nearly as big a round as hbo, Khan fans and a few re****s make it out to be.

And every one talks about Garcia's face being cut as some proof he was taking a beating. So I guess Klitschko was taking the worst beating in boxing history for the first 3 rounds vs Lewis.

The punch stats were a joke and Khan was missing A LOT and Garcia wasnt getting credit for anything he did. Also the crowd was very pro Khan and went nuts everytime he threw an ineffective flurry of punches with sometimes as little as none landing.

The fight was close the whole fight(the whole 3 rounds it went before Khan went down like a drunk) and you could see that Garcia was going to land something big on Khan since the first 10 seconds when Garcia threw his first of many counter lefts.

Stop the nonsense the only person who was dominated that night was Amir "Baby Bambi" Khan.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: When will the myth that Khan was dominating or easily winning vs Garica end?

I had Khan winning the first two clearly - but they were by no means dominating rounds in which Garcia was being shut out. Garcia was having a few decent moments and getting closer and closer. The third was competitive and more or less even until Garcia landed his body-spinner.

Last edited by Uncle Rico; 10-22-2012 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Correction of rounds - thanks Benny and Dino
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #3
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: When will the myth that Khan was dominating or easily winning vs Garica end?

Funny you started this thread right now - I have literally just finished watching the fight this second.

My opinion hasn't changed from when I watched it live. Although Khan was winning the rounds on points I said to my brother that Khan will end up on his **** here, as Garcia wasn't bothered by Amir's power and was countering almost everything he threw. He was getting closer and closer and eventually one of those looping hooks was going to catch Amir in the right spot and he'd be in a world of bother.

Having watched Amir fight his entire career I knew he wasn't going to make it 12 rounds without leaving himself wide open for one those big shots.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
miniq
神風
East Side Guru

vCash: 158

He won all the rounds leading up to getting hit...

Garcia was getting some nice shots in - mainly bodyshots - including a lowblow.
miniq is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
Peter__1987

vCash:

Khan was winning the first 3 rounds, although Garcia was getting closer and closer with that punch as the rounds progressed.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #6
jeromejones
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

I had khan easily winning the first 2 and upto the KD in round 3, it was more of the same. I remember looking at punch stats and khan landed something like 5 times more then garcia. It wasnt very competitive up till the first KD. Even garcias dad was telling his son he was getting owned.
Khans chin will sadly always put him at great risk against fighters like garcia, fighters who he could easily beat as his skill and natural ability is on another level to these fighters. I remember there was that feeling that Garcia shouldnt even have been put in the ring with Khan after the end of round 2. I still anticipated Khan to get dropped because he was fighting progressively more re****ed.. When the knockdown happened I wasnt even shocked.. It was like a ''here we go again..., this is what you get for fighting dumb''
jeromejones is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #7
Ring Master
The Originator
East Side Guru

vCash: 818

i agree, HBO was bias as **** that night. it was Only Kelleman That would notice that hook was getting closer and to the target. Steward would mention a counter or 2 but for the most part they thought it was over for Danny boy.
Ring Master is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #8
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 272

its all being said. He was winning the rounds. But Garcia had his moments.

When Garcia and Khan fight it will be whether Garcia can lan one of those bombs before KHan cuts up his face and scores a TKO.

Garcia was getting tagged left right and centre and 3 more rounds of that and i believe the fight would be stopped.

So if they fought again I would predict either a Khan TKO on cuts or a Garcia KO again.

Although Khan also has the ability to fight him like he fought Kotelnik and win a boring decision.
JohnAnthony is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #9
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromejones View Post
Khans chin will sadly always put him at great risk against fighters like garcia, fighters who he could easily beat as his skill level is on another level to these fighters.
You appear to be confusing speed with skill. Garcia was clearly on his skill level, if not above.

Jim Watt called it perfectly during the ring walks. He said something along the lines of 'Amir has often been accused of doing a lot of punching but very little thinking in the ring, and tonight he's up against a guy who is going to be looking to counter him'.

Amir did his usual business of simply relying on his speed and throwing flurries without any real method or thought behind them. That will work and overwhelm lesser opponents, but if you have good timing then you can stand your ground, throw your counters and catch your flurrying opponent mid-punch - which is exactly what Garcia was doing from the opening bell. It was only a matter of time until one of those punches did its job.

Amir came up against a skilled fighter who had enough confidence in his timing not to be intimidated by his speed and he paid the price of trying to rely on physical attributed rather than boxing skills.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #10
BENNY BLANCO
R.I.P. Brooklyn1550
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
I had Khan winning the first three clearly - but they were by no means dominating rounds in which Garcia was being shut out. Garcia was having a few decent moments and getting closer and closer. The fourth was competitive and more or less even until Garcia landed his body-spinner.
You gotta correct some things in this post my brother.
BENNY BLANCO is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #11
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post

Although Khan also has the ability to fight him like he fought Kotelnik and win a boring decision.
That's an awful comparison. He doesn't have the ability to do that because they are two different fighters with entirely different styles.

Kotelnik is a defensive fighter who goes into his shell when someone throws combinations at him. This means Khan could overwhelm him with speed by throwing 4-5 punch combos with 1-2 puncturing the guard and scoring, then get out of range.

Garcia is a fighter who relies on his timing to throw counter hooks, meaning that every time Khan opens up to throw his combinations Garcia will be throwing his own shots back.

The two are not remotely comparable.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #12
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP

vCash: 792

Quote:
I had Khan winning the first three clearly - but they were by no means dominating rounds in which Garcia was being shut out. Garcia was having a few decent moments and getting closer and closer. The fourth was competitive and more or less even until Garcia landed his body-spinner.
He landed his body spinner in the 3rd so he took the 1st two only, and definitely wasn't a shut out as Danny was holding his own in the centre of the ring.
dinovelvet is online now  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #13
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENNY BLANCO View Post
You gotta correct some things in this post my brother.
I'd be happy to

Which bits are wrong?

Edit: I've seen. Thanks!
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #14
Hook!
Proud member of team G.
ESB Addict

vCash: 889

Quote:
I had Khan winning the first two clearly - but they were by no means dominating rounds in which Garcia was being shut out. Garcia was having a few decent moments and getting closer and closer. The third was competitive and more or less even until Garcia landed his body-spinner.
yeah i agree, garcia started timing khans multiple punch combos. in a rematch it would be wise for khan to stick to 1-2's as opposed to 1-2-3-4 etc
Hook! is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #15
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post

When Garcia and Khan fight it will be whether Garcia can lan one of those bombs before KHan cuts up his face and scores a TKO.

Garcia was getting tagged left right and centre and 3 more rounds of that and i believe the fight would be stopped.

They fought for less than four rounds in which Khan was knocked down about 4 times and was all over the place, and Garcia never looked troubled by Khan's power at all and only had a small cut on his eye.

I really don't know where you're getting this idea that Garcia was anywhere near being stopped. It's pretty laughable.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum