Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2012, 07:55 PM   #31
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PITTSBURG CA
Posts: 7,505
vCash: 75
Default Re: If Khan is a glass jawed fraud?...

Khan doesn't have a glass jaw. is it shaky yes it is i would compare it more to a fault line
in that it's not solid. think about this the only time he's been hurt or really in trouble is by proven
punchers or fighters with good power. the early knock downs in his career happen look at
DLH. if he had a glass jaw Malinaggi would of had him on qeer street
tays001 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #32
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,567
vCash: 75
Default Re: If Khan is a glass jawed fraud?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tays001 View Post
Khan doesn't have a glass jaw. is it shaky yes it is i would compare it more to a fault line
in that it's not solid. think about this the only time he's been hurt or really in trouble is by proven
punchers or fighters with good power. the early knock downs in his career happen look at
DLH. if he had a glass jaw Malinaggi would of had him on qeer street
Or Maidana
irishny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #33
tays001
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PITTSBURG CA
Posts: 7,505
vCash: 75
Default Re: If Khan is a glass jawed fraud?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
Or Maidana
Maidana is a proven puncher. and Khan was doing a lance Armstrong impression those last few rounds
tays001 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #34
Tora
Estonian Cab Driver
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 1,157
vCash: 100
Default Re: If Khan is a glass jawed fraud?...

morales only fought carefully selected road sweepers, what a bum
garcia exposed him
Tora is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #35
VBOX
JOURNEYMAN
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 984
vCash: 616
Default Re: If Khan is a glass jawed fraud?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tays001 View Post
Khan doesn't have a glass jaw. is it shaky yes it is i would compare it more to a fault line
in that it's not solid. think about this the only time he's been hurt or really in trouble is by proven
punchers or fighters with good power. the early knock downs in his career happen look at
DLH. if he had a glass jaw Malinaggi would of had him on qeer street
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
Or Maidana
I said I was done but had to come back for more. These are very good points.

On paper, Maidana vs. Khan should end with the first solid connect. Khan's chin is made of pure china after all, but to some people that actually know a thing or two about knockouts it isn't all that surprising. I will admit I expected a KO but wasn't shocked when it didn't happen.

There are a few ways to knock someone out. One is to shake and rattle the brain very violently, a good way of doing this is to hit the point of your opponents chin. Think of a seesaw, chin goes one way, back of the head (brain) goes the other way. Another way of KO'ing someone is to hit a pressure point located at the joint of the jaw right by the ear (where Garcia landed on Khan) there are a lot of nerves running through this spot and if hit with a decent shot it will produce what we call a flash knockout.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You can throw thunderous shots but it doesn't necessarily mean you are hitting the sweet spot. It's not a coincidence that most knockouts are from accumulation of damage and rarely are the boxers layed out cold. These guys have been training most of their lives and know how to defend themselves, unlike a good portion of MMA fighters that couldn't roll with a punch to save their life. Glass jaws and Iron chins definitely do exist, but when people think whenever a guy gets knocked down or out is simply because he can't take a punch, and slipping, rolling, anticipating, defence has zero to do with it is ignorant, idiotic and lazy.

So Chincheckers, continue being cute and writing up glass jaw lists but please do it for entertainment purposes and not because you think you know what the hell you are talking about.
VBOX is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #36
haworths623
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,379
vCash: 931
Default Re: If Khan is a glass jawed fraud?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
Well considering the amount of crap RJJ gets on this site for "having a glass jaw" when he had a few KO losses after his prime, I dont know why Morales cant have the same crap thrown his way.
haworths623 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #37
manex
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 392
vCash: 500
Default Re: If Khan is a glass jawed fraud?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBOX View Post
I said I was done but had to come back for more. These are very good points.

On paper, Maidana vs. Khan should end with the first solid connect. Khan's chin is made of pure china after all, but to some people that actually know a thing or two about knockouts it isn't all that surprising. I will admit I expected a KO but wasn't shocked when it didn't happen.

There are a few ways to knock someone out. One is to shake and rattle the brain very violently, a good way of doing this is to hit the point of your opponents chin. Think of a seesaw, chin goes one way, back of the head (brain) goes the other way. Another way of KO'ing someone is to hit a pressure point located at the joint of the jaw right by the ear (where Garcia landed on Khan) there are a lot of nerves running through this spot and if hit with a decent shot it will produce what we call a flash knockout.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You can throw thunderous shots but it doesn't necessarily mean you are hitting the sweet spot. It's not a coincidence that most knockouts are from accumulation of damage and rarely are the boxers layed out cold. These guys have been training most of their lives and know how to defend themselves, unlike a good portion of MMA fighters that couldn't roll with a punch to save their life. Glass jaws and Iron chins definitely do exist, but when people think whenever a guy gets knocked down or out is simply because he can't take a punch, and slipping, rolling, anticipating, defence has zero to do with it is ignorant, idiotic and lazy.

So Chincheckers, continue being cute and writing up glass jaw lists but please do it for entertainment purposes and not because you think you know what the hell you are talking about.
manex is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #38
haworths623
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,379
vCash: 931
Default Re: If Khan is a glass jawed fraud?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
What a ****in moron you are. The two aren't even comparable. One is a young guy blah blah blah
haworths623 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #39
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,029
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Khan is a glass jawed fraud?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haworths623 View Post
Yes, let emoticons make your case for you. As I said, you're a ****in retard.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:41 PM   #40
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,303
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Khan is a glass jawed fraud?...

Morales is a shot fighter.

Khan is not a glass-jawed fraud. He is a chinny guy who got and still gets absurdly overrated/overhyped because he has fast hands, but he is still a world-class fighter and one of the top guys in his division. That is beyond "fraud" status.
Thread Stealer is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:04 PM   #41
VBOX
JOURNEYMAN
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 984
vCash: 616
Default Re: If Khan is a glass jawed fraud?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by manex View Post
Thank you for seconding my post, you must have boxed or are atleast intelligent to know what you are watching. You don't need to be an expert, it is basic boxing knowledge that the odds of getting knocked down or out increase while you are throwing a big punch/combination. Do people really think it's as easy as walking up to Amir while he is squared up to his opponent, with his feet set and hands up, punching him in the head and he'll fold up like a cheap accordion?

There are soooo many factors that play into a knockdown. If Mayweather wasn't a supreme athlete he would have tasted canvas against Mosley. He was already on his way to the mat but since he has phenomenal strength and conditioning (also able to slow the game down like all the greats are able to do) he was able to catch himself mid fall and pick himself up. A boxer's stance is a big factor in his overall punch resistance. Do people really think Mayweather was given some sort of freakishly genetic titanium jaw at birth? No. He is simply a good boxer.
VBOX is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:07 AM   #42
Clinton
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,747
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Khan is a glass jawed fraud?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypaysbills View Post
Khan does have a glass chin and people saying punch resistance is more due to avoiding shots need to watch Hagler Hearns and then you'll see that a granite chin means you can eat bombs. Khan's chin is pure glass. Morales is just old and shot. Ali had a granite beard but he got knocked out when he kept fighting when old.

These are facts, these are irrefutable, deal with it
Despite fighting until he was a boxing corpse, Muhammed Ali was never knocked out. He was stopped by the ref against Larry Holmes when he was beyond shot because he couldn't defend himself, but he was never knocked out.
Clinton is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:18 AM   #43
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,363
vCash: 1551
Default Re: If Khan is a glass jawed fraud?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
Despite fighting until he was a boxing corpse, Muhammed Ali was never knocked out. He was stopped by the ref against Larry Holmes when he was beyond shot because he couldn't defend himself, but he was never knocked out.
Ali did roll well against punches, when he was younger he didn't.
Which is why Henry Cooper could nearly "one shot" Ali, while George foreman could not.(Though Ali did state in his biography that foreman had him nearly KO'd a few times in the fight)

Ali his defence improved.

And he was very fast at recovering from damage, something which is sometimes also seen as "chin"
dyna is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:34 AM   #44
D4thincarnation
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Default Re: If Khan is a glass jawed fraud?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haworths623 View Post
Then is Morales too?
I've never seen Khan mentally quit in a fight, I have Morales mentally quit though.
D4thincarnation is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:33 AM   #45
UnleashtheFURY
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,933
vCash: 611
Default Re: If Khan is a glass jawed fraud?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeout View Post
he was 15 here.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

i think we can close this thread agreed?
God . Nobody gets wobbled/dropped the way Khan does
UnleashtheFURY is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013