boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #16
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,586
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who will fight a world class opponent first, burns or cleverly

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuinty View Post
Katsidis was.. maybe. The other two?
All ranked inside the top 10 with the ring. you wont find many champions that have done that 3 fights in a row.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #17
weegriffin
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 3275
Default Re: Who will fight a world class opponent first, burns or cleverly

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuinty View Post
Katsidis was.. maybe. The other two?
Kevin Mitchell was rated to 5 by ring magazine Moses top ten.
weegriffin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #18
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,847
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who will fight a world class opponent first, burns or cleverly

Burns has faced a ok list of opponents, not much else really.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:14 PM   #19
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,847
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who will fight a world class opponent first, burns or cleverly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ldn View Post
I just don't see the huge gap in competition relatively between Butes title run and Burns if we look at the better fighters they faced. If you include Bute actually getting knocked out in one of those fights and the quality of the divisons then the difference is even smaller.

I agree completely he should be fighting better guys, and he's showing he should be in the ring, I just think that comparing his title run to Clevs is unfair.
Yeah i agree it shouldn't be compared to Clev's but on a whole it's still pretty average. Clev is awful, I dunno if he's the only one facing such sub standard oppo..
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #20
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,473
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who will fight a world class opponent first, burns or cleverly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ldn View Post
Because he is held up as a champion and claims to be a champion.


So that's the answer to the question(s) I asked?

craney91 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:26 PM   #21
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.
Posts: 5,142
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who will fight a world class opponent first, burns or cleverly

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post


So that's the answer to the question(s) I asked?

Clev gets stick on here because of his poor run of opponents and because of ****head comments from ***** and his pops Vince. Namely about how he outclassed Bellew when most people felt that Bellew sneaked the decision in an excellent fight.

They were also trying to make a fight with a guy named Robin Krasniqui who made Tommy Karpency look like Sugar Ray Leonard.

As for Burns, his LW run has been ok. No more, no less.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #22
madg321
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 501
vCash: 642
Default Re: Who will fight a world class opponent first, burns or cleverly

Why do people give burns such stick. He world champ he has been in some top fights. Katsidis was inter rim champ moses former wba champ. He took his belt from a champ. As those champ yet u slate his worth...

'Third degree' WILL do broner mark my words.

Haters will hate...
madg321 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:44 PM   #23
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,377
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who will fight a world class opponent first, burns or cleverly

What a bunch on here it's almost laughable,ricky is the real deal please get used to it!!!!!!
billy nelson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #24
Will
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,671
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who will fight a world class opponent first, burns or cleverly

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
What a bunch on here it's almost laughable,ricky is the real deal please get used to it!!!!!!
Don't think many doubt it now.

Congrats on the Mitchell fight Mr Nelson.

I got it wrong I hold my hands up.

So impressed with Ricky, he has come on so much and the timing of his hook was brilliant.

I said I wouldn't pick against him again if he came through it and I won't.
Will is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #25
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 4,443
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who will fight a world class opponent first, burns or cleverly

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuinty View Post
Katsidis was.. maybe. The other two?
Ah the bitter Irishman.

How many people thought Burns would beat Katsidis when they fought, think you will find the majority said he would lose.
theboy_racer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:55 PM   #26
brickfists
The Nonpareil
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Dublin
Posts: 4,338
vCash: 542
Default Re: Who will fight a world class opponent first, burns or cleverly

People just don't understand the meaning of world class, it doesn't mean elite p4p HOF material it means among the best in the world.

Both Martinez and Bellew are among the best in the world in their respective weight classes
brickfists is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #27
skoorydookatron
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 508
vCash: 1768
Default Re: Who will fight a world class opponent first, burns or cleverly

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuinty View Post
Katsidis was.. maybe. The other two?
Do you do anything besides ***** about Ricky Burns and Brits in general.

Seriously dude this can't be healthy.
skoorydookatron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:55 PM   #28
trampie
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,114
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who will fight a world class opponent first, burns or cleverly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro chris View Post
Clev gets stick on here because of his poor run of opponents and because of ****head comments from ***** and his pops Vince. Namely about how he outclassed Bellew when most people felt that Bellew sneaked the decision in an excellent fight.
Clev beat Bellew easily in England with 3 English judges 117-112, 116-113 and 114-114.
Read it and weep.
trampie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:17 AM   #29
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NSW via Leeds/London
Posts: 1,940
vCash: 1885
Default Re: Who will fight a world class opponent first, burns or cleverly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
All ranked inside the top 10 with the ring. you wont find many champions that have done that 3 fights in a row.
But where were they in your rankings?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Yeah i agree it shouldn't be compared to Clev's but on a whole it's still pretty average. Clev is awful, I dunno if he's the only one facing such sub standard oppo..
. My only issue with what you were saying was lumping Burns in with Clev. In regards to Clev he is by no means the only guy with that standard of opposition but its the fact he is a "World Champ" that doesn't sit right with me and I think most people. I do get the feeling that its changing a bit though, fighters seem to be taking a lot more challenges recently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post


So that's the answer to the question(s) I asked?

The reason he gets such dislike on this board is because he is held up as a champ but hasn't fought anyone of championship level. Clev/Bellew was a British or possibly European title fight no more. I personally like Clev and hope he does well but hes a prospect/contender NOT a champ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickfists View Post
People just don't understand the meaning of world class, it doesn't mean elite p4p HOF material it means among the best in the world.

Both Martinez and Bellew are among the best in the world in their respective weight classes
I disagree about Bellew he is not proven at World level IMO he gets overrated on here because he is a nice guy, posts and had that close fight with Clev. He has potential and I wish him the best but he is not a proven world operator yet.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:06 AM   #30
Top Dog
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,140
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who will fight a world class opponent first, burns or cleverly

Kat was decent, although pretty much lost every time he stepped up, bit of a gate keeper for the likes of Mitchell. Moses is reasonably good, Mitchell is/was and will always be domestic level, Ricky handled him the way he should have.
Top Dog is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015