Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #46
Manfred
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people disrespect boxers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expat09 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Never judge a book by it's cover. Dude might be a cold blooded killer. Just saying.
Manfred is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #47
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAdAmS View Post
All you hear on here is glass this and glass that and people mentioning that they would like a crack. It's painful to see how deluded these keyboard warriors are. I got this terminology and it spot on with alot of posters on ESB.

- A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.

I think that people need to be a bit more respectful of Boxers. Nuff said.
Site's 95% full of immature fanboys and posters who think it's 'cool' to troll....
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 08:06 PM   #48
kwilson71
#MAYDAY
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

guess I'll take a swipe in here for arguments sake. I dont necessarily disagree with what you said but just think there is a different side to it.

I think fans have the right to critize boxers if we want to. Thats what fans do in any sport. I love the Philadelphia Eagles, but just last week i went on about how much Michael Vick sucks, do i really think he sucks? no. And he is a far better athlete than I could ever be.

In boxing, I think guys like Hearns and RJJ really have glass chins. Its just a phrase,there punch resistance isnt as strong as others. I'm pretty sure its stronger than mine, and pretty sure If i ever got in the ring with either guy they would kick my ass. But I'm not a professional boxer, so every time I criticize one I shouldnt hold back because I can't do what they do. I'm not the measuring stick, the measuring stick is the ATGs like SRR,Ali,and SRL.

Now some things are out of line from fans. But just because I cant personally whoop a guys ass doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to criticize him. Boxing is a sport just like football,basketball,etc. When you decide to pursue a career in a professional sport you open yourself up to this criticism, it comes along with the big bucks your making.

IF Amir Khan came out in his last fight and got knocked out in 3 rounds,I'm going to say he has a glass chin. Would I say it to his face? Sure right after getting his autograph. He's a fighter so i respect him for that, but if his performance is less than stellar I should be able to express that the way I want to as long as I keep it focused on his boxing skills and dont attack his family or anything he does outside the ring.

Now like I originally stated I don't necessarily disagree with what you guys are saying, just felt like stating the other half of this arguement
kwilson71 is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #49
Cage
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

I have no problems disrespecting boxers If i see fit. . .

I dont do it much, but I can talk down on certain fighters all day long and really. . dont care if anyone has a problem with it being disrespectful.

Boxers are products. Dont care if you dont like that term, but its what they are. They reach a point of marketability, they package, shop, and sell their skills, personality, character, and persona to a general market, and they make money off of US buying tickets and PPV's to watch them perform. . .

Just like any product you can purchase off the shelf, they should be held to a certain standard since as a consumer I bought into the product they sold. . or, like any consumer, if i have a problem with the product i was sold, or that someone is trying to sell to me. . I have every right to make a bad review of said product. . or as in the boxing world as it goes. . CRITICISM

Now, generally you dont see me on here bashing the **** out of fighters and trying to degrade them. . in fact, i normally talk shit about the idiotic things our general forum morons like to say in regards to fighters. . but in a sense, I think people have a right to bash fighters to a certain degree

most of the people who are all high and mighty when it comes to boxers will talk shit about an MMA fighter in a heart beat. . . yet they put themselves on the line just like boxers do.

The internet is a world of double standards, somedays we avoid the sheep, other days we tag along just to see where they are headed
Cage is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 08:41 PM   #50
paddymickey
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 933

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
Its how people are, they do it with all sports (and most other things) not just boxing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
I also think internet culture has a lot to do with it
This is true. Internet culture is predominantly different from traditional messaging mediums because of its facilitation of anonymity. I personally believe that this culture will evaporate as more internet regulation gets implemented over the next few years.This is true. Internet culture is predominantly different from traditional messaging mediums because of its facilitation of anonymity. I personally believe that this culture will evaporate as more internet regulation gets implemented over the next few years.
paddymickey is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 01:35 AM   #51
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH_718 View Post
Bailey, Headbanger, Glassjaw***sist, Zakman ect. You never seen these band of jagoffs jerking each other off in Euro loving/American hating threads?
Yeah I seen them lol, I just feel sorry for them
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 04:01 AM   #52
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

In regards to 'Glass Jaws'...

I only talk and praise Iron Chins. That's complimentary, if anything.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 05:50 AM   #53
Jabber

vCash:

Quote:
All you hear on here is glass this and glass that and people mentioning that they would like a crack. It's painful to see how deluded these keyboard warriors are. I got this terminology and it spot on with alot of posters on ESB.

- A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.

you gay homie?nobody is disrespecting boxers around here,we only disrespect glass jaw frauds like Andre Ward or Amir Khan
Old 10-23-2012, 06:41 AM   #54
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 920

I have no problem critiquing boxers, or judging their personality based on what they say. 99.9% of the time when I am insulting a boxer, it is just a joke. I never label boxers with the terms, 'coward' or 'scared', etc. It takes ****ing balls to even step in that ring, whether you are world class, or just a journeyman, or even just someone who wants to have 1 bout and that's it. There are people who have stepped in to the ring on this forum, but there are more who have not. The ones who have not, or not even just sparred will not realise what it takes to step in the ring for the very first time.
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 06:53 AM   #55
Above Deck
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Its partly the internet culture and partly brought on by boxers like Khan, Mayweather
and Mundine talking smack, then everyone wants to see them get KO'd.
Then when they do get KO'd, the haters come on here and justify their hate by rambling about glass jaws and shot fighters.

Certain boxers have shaped the boxing landscape to a certain extent.

The more boxers out there trying to play the villain - the more the haters there will be.
Above Deck is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 07:16 AM   #56
LordJomski
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

I agree with you..

You don't have the right to judge if you don't know where the f*ck they are coming from.. So I guess that includes you for not giving exceptions..
LordJomski is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 08:16 AM   #57
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1887

Quote:
It's just an internet forum. Don't take it too seriously.
fists of fury is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #58
DJAdAmS
Ex-Army Middleweight
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabber View Post
you gay homie?nobody is disrespecting boxers around here,we only disrespect glass jaw frauds like Andre Ward or Amir Khan
Now i'm gay... your a perfect example.
DJAdAmS is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #59
DJAdAmS
Ex-Army Middleweight
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fists of fury View Post
It's just an internet forum. Don't take it too seriously.
I don't lose any sleep over it. I just wanted to hear how people justifiy disrepecting boxers, especially on ESB!!
DJAdAmS is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 11:46 AM   #60
DJAdAmS
Ex-Army Middleweight
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJomski View Post
I agree with you..

You don't have the right to judge if you don't know where the f*ck they are coming from.. So I guess that includes you for not giving exceptions..
I think you manipulated what was said and come up with an assumption so i'll break it down for you. I know its only a minority.
DJAdAmS is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum