Old 10-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1124
Default Who wins Mathysse vs. Garcia?

Who do you have right now?

Mathysse
If he was unable to KO Judah, I don't see why he would be picked to stop Danny. Alexander, Judah and Soto all stunned him and made him take a few steps back at times and first two have W's over him. Danny seems to have a solid chin.

Garcia
Seems to punch extremely hard. I don't see why we should expect Lucas to be able to take his punch, should he get caught. Which he will at some point. Morales stunned Garcia once or twice the first fight, but Khan and Holt were unable to phase him at all. I think it's a close fight. Not sure who would win. But I think Danny is brimming confidence right about now.

Vote and let me know what you think!
bronx is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 90000
Default Re: Who wins Mathysse vs. Garcia?

It would more than likely be close to even money by the oddsmaker if the fight materalize.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
locard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495

Garcia is afraid of fighting Mathysse for a reason
locard is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
str1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx View Post

Mathysse
If he was unable to KO Judah, I don't see why he would be picked to stop Danny. Alexander, Judah and Soto all stunned him and made him take a few steps back at times and first two have W's over him. Danny seems to have a solid chin.

Garcia
Seems to punch extremely hard. I don't see why we should expect Lucas to be able to take his punch, should he get caught. Which he will at some point. Morales stunned Garcia once or twice the first fight, but Khan and Holt were unable to phase him at all. I think it's a close fight. Not sure who would win. But I think Danny is brimming confidence right about now.

Judah and Alexander don't slug, Garcia does. Garcia doesn't run around like Alexander and Judah. Garcia vs Mathysse will be an all out war like Rios/Alvarado. As to who wins, I guess that is the intriguing part. That is what makes this fight so mouthwatering!!!
str1 is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 05:28 PM   #5
dandur55
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

I don't remember Mathysse got stunned but what i remember he got robbed both against Zab and Alexander.
I give Mathysse %70 chance to beat Garcia.
Beating half dead Morales x2 and chinachino Khan does not make me believe he will get past Mathysse
dandur55 is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
Heavy Handed
I keep planets in orbit
ESB Senior Member

Mathysse all the way. He fights from the start these days and has learned to put money in the bank. His losses while disputed by some, were really due to Lucas not being active enough early on. Since he's turned it up in the first half of fights, he's destroying people. He's the man at 140 IMO. Unfortunately he'll have to wait to get his shot after the proposed Judah/Garcia fight in 2013. In the meantime, hopefully GBP can get Lucas another fight soon.
Heavy Handed is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #7
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

It's really close to a 50/50 fight for me. I slightly favour Garcia, possibly by late stoppage.
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #8
miniq
神風
East Side Guru

vCash: 224

Don't care if Garcia has a good chin is strong and hits hard

Matthysse is a rugged argentinian who has play fights with Maidana for his nights off and has knocked down every man he has faced.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Spars with Martinez LOL
miniq is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #9
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Garcia waits a little while to get his timing going. Matthysse likes to stay low when shooting that overhand right, that's how Morales tagged him numerous times in both fights. If Garcia catches him, it could be goodnight, but if Matthysse smothers him chest to chest, he might not get the opportunity. Slightly favor Lucas.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #10
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1124

I have not voted who is up?
bronx is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #11
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru

Danny is very confident right now and is mentally ready for anything. He's got a good left hook but it takes him a while to get his timing right. Another plus for Danny is his body attacks.

In my honest opinion Lucas is an undefeated fighter. I had him ahead on my scorecards for both the Alexander and Judah fight. Lucas has power in both hands and puts punches together very well. He's got a chin that will match Danny's if not better.

This would be a great fight and one that needs to be made. Right now I'm going with the Argentine, nothing against the Philly fighter. I just feel Matthesse is a more complete fighter.
Atritionist is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #12
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Those Argentinian can punch!

I dont see Garcia slugging as much as he would. He will definitely change up his style and utilize his jab much more. As we saw against Morales, he does have good boxing skills. He counters well, has a killer left hook, uses his jab to his advantage, and he adjusts and listens to his corner.

I would probably favour Garcia by decision.
floyd_g.o.a.t is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 05:36 PM   #13
The Akbar One
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx View Post

Mathysse

Garcia

I could be missing something, but I don't recall Judah, or Alexander, stunning him. Soto may or may not have actually hurt Matthysse. At one point after a Soto combination, Matthysse did back up for a little bit. He wasn't visibly wobbled or anything though.

Who has actually KO'd Judah? Nobody. Tszyu stopped Judah, but Judah would have beaten the count against Tszyu had he stayed on a knee, and got up at 8. Instead of immediately popping up and doing the stanky leg around the ring. Since that fight, who else has stopped Judah? You don't make sense. You make it seem like everybody and their mother stops Judah.

Judah is more of a mover than Garcia, and is slightly slick. Matthysse will definitely put way more leather on the far less mobile Garcia. Garcia isn't that good. Matthysse will expose that, if Haymon allows that fight to be made.

As far as Garcia punching extremely hard. I disagree. Anybody could have scored a spectacular knockdown of that old washed up Eric Morales who tested positive for P.E.D.s. Garcia didn't even knock Khan out, like Prescott did. Khan actually beat the count only to have the ref stop it. Going further, Garcia's stoppage percentage is only in the 60 percentile. If his power was so great it would be in the 80s or 90s especially with him facing mostly bums.
The Akbar One is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 05:37 PM   #14
timeout
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by locard View Post
Garcia is afraid of fighting Mathysse for a reason
"he hasnt got belts."
timeout is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #15
Collie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 20000

The fact that this is potentially so close to call makes it an intriguing fight. Both men have knockout power and so far have decent looking chins. Matthyese looks a beast, Garcia undefeated young improver with confidence. Its a fight that is fairly high up the list of fights I'd most like to see in the next year, to determine the #1 at LWW. I would tend to favour Matthyese at this stage, but wouldn't be surprised if it went either way.
Collie is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum