Danny Garcia 42 28.77%
Lucas Mathysse 104 71.23%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2012, 07:20 PM   #61
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Who wins Mathysse vs. Garcia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo5 View Post
Agree with you. But if you remeber before the khan fight, no one really gave him a chance. Like his dad says, he's always looked down as an underdog but he always comes through. his power was only really well publicised after last two fights, even though i was saying he had good power before he KO'd khan (which i predicted). Timing was not something that stands out to casual fans or even some boxing fans who havn't seen much from a guy. it's not a qaulity like speed which most people can see - for example Khans hand speed.

his timing and power are top level, but he needs to do it against someone else now. Blown up shot morales and a fighter in khan who has well known punch resistance question marks . if he shows it against a Matthysse or Bradley, he will get far more credit for his qualitites.
Fair enough, I really can't argue with that
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2012, 08:36 PM   #62
Box702
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Lucas,any knowledgeable fan will tell you that.Respect garcia he's a good talented kid Lucas is one of the most dangerous fighters out there right now regardless of division & on another level.Should be considered p4p after he gets a couple more decent wins under his belt.He ducks no one fights anybody,anytime,anywhere.Just see it tough for garcia or anybody for that matter to hurt Matthysse granite chin let alone beat him.The guy is on a mission to never get robbed again & is taking matters into his own hands.Like Lucas wasn't dangerous enough already I see no man getting in his way or stopping him sorry.That includes the whole stacked 140lb division.Only guy I see beating him is Marquez who I got #1 & Lucas right behind him in close 2nd.But it's just a matter of time before JMM passes the torch Lucas is too good to be anybodys gatekeeper.
Box702 is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #63
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box702 View Post
Lucas,any knowledgeable fan will tell you that.Respect garcia he's a good talented kid Lucas is one of the most dangerous fighters out there right now regardless of division & on another level.Should be considered p4p after he gets a couple more decent wins under his belt.He ducks no one fights anybody,anytime,anywhere.Just see it tough for garcia or anybody for that matter to hurt Matthysse granite chin let alone beat him.The guy is on a mission to never get robbed again & is taking matters into his own hands.Like Lucas wasn't dangerous enough already I see no man getting in his way or stopping him sorry.That includes the whole stacked 140lb division.Only guy I see beating him is Marquez who I got #1 & Lucas right behind him in close 2nd.But it's just a matter of time before JMM passes the torch Lucas is too good to be anybodys gatekeeper.
every one thought the same thing about Amir

and Amir has more of the tools to beat Danny than Maththysse

Speed, Accuracy, Foot Work, Athleticism...in and out boxing

no use BOOM!

KO
bronx is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #64
Box702
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx View Post
every one thought the same thing about Amir

and Amir has more of the tools to beat Danny than Maththysse

Speed, Accuracy, Foot Work, Athleticism...in and out boxing

no use BOOM!

KO
Respect your opinion & everybody is entitled to their own.I just don't see garcia out boxing or out slugging Lucas.I don't know where "Garcia has a far better iq" or "Lucas is significantly slower" comes from some of these garcia fans.Like I said respect garcia but Lucas isn't china chin khan or aging super featherweight Morales.
Box702 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum