Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #31
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,313
vCash: 816
Default Re: Is Mayweather an ATG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McNab View Post
Prove it then.
Google Margarito vs Mayweather 8 million dollars.

This is common knowledge to those who follow boxing.
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #32
Florez
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,642
vCash: 500
Default Re: Is Mayweather an ATG?

You serious?, Mayweather is one of the ATG's already. It would just be an Icing on the Cake if he happens to fight Pacquiao win or lose.


Florez is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #33
ecdrm15
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 3,343
vCash: 1220
Default Re: Is Mayweather an ATG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McNab View Post
Nah, I don't buy that, he picks his fights well, that's all.
Wow. Well, except for Castillo I
ecdrm15 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #34
Andy McNab
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: My Bunker with my guns
Posts: 2,547
vCash: 331
Default Re: Is Mayweather an ATG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Google Margarito vs Mayweather 8 million dollars.

This is common knowledge to those who follow boxing.
What for?
Andy McNab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #35
Andy McNab
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: My Bunker with my guns
Posts: 2,547
vCash: 331
Default Re: Is Mayweather an ATG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdrm15 View Post
Wow. Well, except for Castillo I
That was under 140, read the thread.
Andy McNab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #36
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,313
vCash: 816
Default Re: Is Mayweather an ATG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McNab View Post
What for?
The ESPN article explaining the situation.
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #37
prelude
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,896
vCash: 500
Default Re: Is Mayweather an ATG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
He is only the best boxer for the last 20 years. That's all.
That's funny because he's not even the best boxer last decade .
prelude is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #38
TheMoneyTeam1
Picking cherries
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 679
vCash: 254
Default Re: Is Mayweather an ATG?

Please ask Obama & Romney about their policy on making Mayweather v Pacquiao. It's a foreign policy. Pacquiao is Filipino.
TheMoneyTeam1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #39
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,954
vCash: 90000
Default Re: Is Mayweather an ATG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
The ESPN article explaining the situation.
Is a lost cause man. These type of people doesn't have enough boxing knowledge to have a debate. They are just capable of dropping a troll sentence here and there. You can feed them with facts but they will never admit it.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #40
Andy McNab
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: My Bunker with my guns
Posts: 2,547
vCash: 331
Default Re: Is Mayweather an ATG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
The ESPN article explaining the situation.
Do you think, honestly, that everything you read is true? You are a bit of a pudding ain't ya? The media is all shite.

Floyd "The avoid" obviously has dumb fans.
Andy McNab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:43 PM   #41
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,954
vCash: 90000
Default Re: Is Mayweather an ATG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude View Post
That's funny because he's not even the best boxer last decade .
Oh really, then who is?
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #42
Webbiano
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: England
Posts: 2,775
vCash: 500
Default Re: Is Mayweather an ATG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McNab View Post
Easy. Since 140 he has fought beatable opposition and retired while 147 was steaming hot. He has beat no one that has not been beaten better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McNab View Post
Easy. Since 140 he has fought beatable opposition and retired while 147 was steaming hot. He has beat no one that has not been beaten better.
Yer great detail. Also your point on never being in a fight of the year is absolutely ridiculous. Was Kid Gavilan ever in a FOTY? was B-Hop? RJJ? Jack Johnson? Lennox Lewis? Larry Holmes? Dumb argument I'll say no more.

Mayweather's resume may not be as strong as other ATG but it certainly isn't lacking quality or depth. I assume your familiar with his resume, so I won't go into to much detail in this one. Yes he has had a habit of cherry picking, however the quality of names on there alone is well above your average resume.

Consider the fact he may be the ATG at 130. I don't think anyone has ever seen a more well rounded fighter at 130 as Floyd. Punching power, blistering speed, lightning reactions and more.

He's a 5 weight world champion. an achievement only matched by 4 other men (surpassed by 2) including 3 lineal titles and 2 ring belts at 135 and 147.

The unarguable PPV king. No one can post the kind of numbers of viewers like Floyd can and it's a simple as that. The amount of money he makes from one fight is staggering and it would take at least 3 fights for anyone other fighter in the boxing world to match what he makes.

A 2 time winner of the fighter of the year award on top of being the best p4p fighter in the world from 2004-2007 and debatably from his comeback against JMM to this present day.

From all of this listed I fail to see how mayweather is not an ATG and I'm yet to go into his defensive brilliance and dominance over his opponents, physical abilities and longevity. I wouldn't even say I'm that much of a mayweather an, however I don't get blinded by bias, something you clearly can't say for yourself.
Webbiano is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:46 PM   #43
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,313
vCash: 816
Default Re: Is Mayweather an ATG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McNab View Post
Do you think, honestly, that everything you read is true? You are a bit of a pudding ain't ya? The media is all shite.

Floyd "The avoid" obviously has dumb fans.
ESPN and Dan Rafael are pretty reliable. Stay ignorant if you wish.
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:49 PM   #44
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,313
vCash: 816
Default Re: Is Mayweather an ATG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
Is a lost cause man. These type of people doesn't have enough boxing knowledge to have a debate. They are just capable of dropping a troll sentence here and there. You can feed them with facts but they will never admit it.
Oh no doubt. It's always nice to give them a dose of reality though.

Choosing Welterweight champion Mosley, #1 154 lb'er Cotto, #1 Champion Castillo is Mayweather picking his fights wisely
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:49 PM   #45
prelude
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,896
vCash: 500
Default Re: Is Mayweather an ATG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
Oh really, then who is?
Someone other then Floyd Mayweather Jr. .
prelude is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013