Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 01-31-2008, 05:20 PM   #1
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Alfred Cole

Where do you rank him at CW and why? I never heard of him when it comes to the 2nd heaviest weight class in boxing, although he had a pretty decent run at CW, IMO he was pretty good, what do you guys here think?
Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2008, 08:25 PM   #2
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!
vCash: 300
Default Re: Alfred Cole

Alfred was the IBF cruiserweight champ for 3 years after winning it from James Warring.. He was one of the three fighters that made up the triple threat fighters in the triple threat gym in NJ with Marc Roberts.. Charles Murray , Ray Mercer and Alfred were the complete three.. Alf was a bastard to handle, he always questioned everything he was asked to do and he always fell out with trainers because of his hard headded aproach to training.
He simply gave up the championship to face Tim Witherspoon and embark of quite a lucrative run at heavyweight facing a plethre of good quality of opponent (beating David Izon amongst others..) I liked Cole at Cruiser more because he was fitter and faster at that division.. Not the best ever and never a match for a Holyfield type but after Moorer he made a damn good small heavyweight.. World class but no ATG... To be respected absolutely.

Last edited by JohnThomas1; 01-22-2007 at 02:02 AM.
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2008, 01:44 AM   #3
good right hand
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Alfred Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat
Alfred was the IBF cruiserweight champ for 3 years after winning it from James Warring.. He was one of the three fighters that made up the triple threat fighters in the triple threat gym in NJ with Marc Roberts.. Charles Murray , Ray Mercer and Alfred were the complete three.. Alf was a bastard to handle, he always questioned everything he was asked to do and he always fell out with trainers because of his hard headded aproach to training.
He simply gave up the championship to face Tim Witherspoon and embark of quite a lucrative run at heavyweight facing a plethre of good quality of opponent (beating David Izon amongst others..) I liked Cole at Cruiser more because he was fitter and faster at that division.. Not the best ever and never a match for a Holyfield type but after Moorer he made a damn good small heavyweight.. World class but no ATG... To be respected absolutely.
very insightful post

al cole is one of my favorite non discript champions to read about. he was a brawling fighter despite his very smooth and pedigree style. nice straight punches and good use of height. but when he jumped to heavy weight his size was nutralized and only his hard chin and veteranship really gave him any chance in any against the better heavy weights.

i posted a question if he was to fight against jirov and it was taken almost as a joke, i dont know i think al cole has a good chance against any cruiser weight in history simply becuase he was just so big and well schooled.
good right hand is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum