Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #31
Hyland
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 560
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tell me an exercise to replace roadwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdk View Post
oh my bad. Forget my original advice where i said to man the **** up.
I didn't realize it was just a hobby.
Try one of this then. Twice a week and break off during your period.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
win.
Hyland is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2012, 05:26 PM   #32
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,710
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tell me an exercise to replace roadwork

One good thing about Jogging, which seems to be overlooked. Is the recruitment of the Tensor Fascia Lata, probably one of the most important Muscles, Tendon, in Boxing
scrap is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:24 PM   #33
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 835
vCash: 500
Default Re: Tell me an exercise to replace roadwork

....the what now?
Speechless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:28 AM   #34
Slicknick56
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 734
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tell me an exercise to replace roadwork

nothing get up and ****in run
Slicknick56 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:32 AM   #35
Slicknick56
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 734
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tell me an exercise to replace roadwork

anyone who tells you that running is bs because of some scientific bullshit or some new age shit thats been going around for the past couple of years is a lazy **** who didnt like getting out his bed in the morning and runnning or didnt like running because it was tedious or whatever other reason a fat dan rafael type **** could come up with.

its bullshit.


run. if you want to be a good fighter ****in get up and run. most of this game is in the conditioning and the discipline that you have outside the ring. trust me. just do what you think is right to get ready to get ready for a situation where youre forced to fight someone (unnatural as it is) and at the same time the other person is forced to fight you, and trained to fight (unnatural in any normal persons case) i would make a thread about this but just ****in run.
Slicknick56 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #36
freddieMaize
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 453
vCash: 1704
Default Re: Tell me an exercise to replace roadwork

more rope?
freddieMaize is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:14 AM   #37
cambay411
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
Default Re: Tell me an exercise to replace roadwork

The on;y thing I can think of is instead og goin running go like 5 rounds of heavy bag, 5 rounds double endbag, 5 rounds seed bag. Or something simiar to that but go hard all 5 rounds. ANother example, something like 6 rounds heavy bag, 6 speed bag.


Lets put it this way, and I know this may be an extreme example but if you plan on goin twelve rounds with Floyd Jr then you better run 10 miles every day.
cambay411 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:04 AM   #38
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,141
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tell me an exercise to replace roadwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambay411 View Post
Lets put it this way, and I know this may be an extreme example but if you plan on goin twelve rounds with Floyd Jr then you better run 10 miles every day.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:33 AM   #39
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 1,111
vCash: 515
Default Re: Tell me an exercise to replace roadwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambay411 View Post
The on;y thing I can think of is instead og goin running go like 5 rounds of heavy bag, 5 rounds double endbag, 5 rounds seed bag. Or something simiar to that but go hard all 5 rounds. ANother example, something like 6 rounds heavy bag, 6 speed bag.


Lets put it this way, and I know this may be an extreme example but if you plan on goin twelve rounds with Floyd Jr then you better run 10 miles every day.
Nah better make it 20 miles.And after that he should do 12 rounds of sparring,12 rounds of heavy bag,10 round of speed bag,do 2 000 pushups,500 chin ups and 5 000 situps.And do that twice a day.IF you cant that it would be great if u did Ironman 5 times a week.
pecho26 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #40
cambay411
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
Default Re: Tell me an exercise to replace roadwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post



Floyd runs at least 7-10 miles a day 4 times week I promise you that.

Dont just go out and try running 10 miles, build your way up to it so you dont injur yourself.
cambay411 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:22 PM   #41
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Default Re: Tell me an exercise to replace roadwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicknick56 View Post
anyone who tells you that running is bs because of some scientific bullshit or some new age shit thats been going around for the past couple of years is a lazy **** who didnt like getting out his bed in the morning and runnning or didnt like running because it was tedious or whatever other reason a fat dan rafael type **** could come up with.

its bullshit.


run. if you want to be a good fighter ****in get up and run. most of this game is in the conditioning and the discipline that you have outside the ring. trust me. just do what you think is right to get ready to get ready for a situation where youre forced to fight someone (unnatural as it is) and at the same time the other person is forced to fight you, and trained to fight (unnatural in any normal persons case) i would make a thread about this but just ****in run.
You've touched upon the thing that longish runs are good for.. Mental training.
It's not going to do anything for improving your fitness though. You can get that mental discipline by avoiding a food you like, avoiding drink etc. And you haven't been using up energy to train your body in the wrong way for boxing.
The longer a run is the lower the intensity, that's indisputable. A boxing match is intense, I hope you're doing some sprints along with your grandma runs.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #42
TVLPC
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 201
vCash: 500
Default Re: Tell me an exercise to replace roadwork

A question, if one is training boxing workouts with intensity and purpose, be it sparring or bag work, how much "roadwork" or extra conditioning is necessary? How much is too much?
TVLPC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:31 PM   #43
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Default Re: Tell me an exercise to replace roadwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVLPC View Post
A question, if one is training boxing workouts with intensity and purpose, be it sparring or bag work, how much "roadwork" or extra conditioning is necessary? How much is too much?
Less would be more.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:43 AM   #44
JDK
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 903
vCash: 675
Default Re: Tell me an exercise to replace roadwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambay411 View Post
Floyd runs at least 7-10 miles a day 4 times week I promise you that.

Dont just go out and try running 10 miles, build your way up to it so you dont injur yourself.
Most active boxers here are most likely amateurs. So your advice of the necessary 10 miles is just ridiculous.
Even after reaching a professional level (Floyd), you don't run those types of numbers from the get go. They reach or aim for that mileage only during a certain point of their training camp.
Cardio/road work is necessary for several diff. reasons and I agree lots of people are ****ing lazy about it and try to avoid it justifying it with some loop holes and alternatives. But, be realistic and realize we're most of us are likely aiming for 4 round bouts.
Do yourself a favor and reach out for specific advice from your trainer about how much road work you should be doing at your current level. Stop watching YouTube videos and idolizing fighters blindly.

Last edited by JDK; 10-28-2012 at 12:58 AM.
JDK is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:58 AM   #45
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Default Re: Tell me an exercise to replace roadwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK View Post
Most active boxers here are most likely amateurs. So your advice of the necessary 10 miles is just ridiculous.
Even after reaching a professional level (Floyd), you don't run those types of numbers from the get go. They reach or aim for that mileage only during a certain point of their training camp.
Cardio/road work is necessary for several diff. reasons and I agree lots of people are ****ing lazy about it and try to avoid it justifying it with some loop holes and alternatives. But, be realistic and realize we're most of us are likely aiming for 4 round bouts.
Do yourself a favor and reach out for specific advice from your trainer about how much road work you should be doing at your current level. Stop watching YouTube videos and idolizing fighters blindly.
If Floyd was running those miles during a fight camp he'd be a ****ing idiot. The only reason for it would be to lose weight. Anyone can go out and run 10 miles if they're not a couch potato, that's not hard.
A 400 metre sprint is hard, repeat 100 metre sprints are hard. And they are far more relevant to the intensity/energy system requirements of boxing.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013