Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #16
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 9,547
vCash: 1644
Default Re: Is Lucas Matthysse overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Pea View Post
Being overrated is not a fact.
It's an opinion.
So your question is wrong.
It should be "do you think he is overrated?"

I can't answer your question in his actual form.
And nobody should even try to.
Just answer the ****ing question.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #17
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: Is Lucas Matthysse overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamito_2012 View Post
looking at the opponents his faced and knocked out, would you say he's overrated? I understand that he's knocked the majority of his opponents out, but they were just c level fighters from Argentina.

If he comes up against a real test, againsst someone who is a good boxer with good power and speed, how well will he fair then?
He'll win the fight and get robbed.....twice.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #18
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,635
vCash: 75
Default Re: Is Lucas Matthysse overrated?

I think he is becoming a bit overrated on esb. He definitely an exciting fighter to watch and he is in the same league as Garcia that's for sure. But I think the likes of Bradley schools him as does Guerrero.
Bladegunner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #19
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 9,547
vCash: 1644
Default Re: Is Lucas Matthysse overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeschicken View Post
He lost by Split Decision in both Alexander and Judah's back yards respecitively (St, Louis and New Jersey). It's quite obvious he deserved the nod in both fights.
Some boxrec logic right here.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #20
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: G Rap
Posts: 13,408
vCash: 571
Default Re: Is Lucas Matthysse overrated?

Hes good. But i dont rate Alexander high and Judahs shot. Judah beats C level fighters these. The fact he didnt blow Judah out or make him quit like every decent fighter has over the last 5 years says alot.
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #21
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 9,547
vCash: 1644
Default Re: Is Lucas Matthysse overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
it does actually. I thought the two won 6 rounds a piece, the KD was the difference.
You scored it 114-113 LM but yet it's a robbery to think that someone can have it one round different? That's not a robbery thats a close fight and that what both LM vs Alexander/ Judah was. Close razor thin fights that could've gone either way.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #22
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 9,547
vCash: 1644
Default Re: Is Lucas Matthysse overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
He'll win the fight and get robbed.....twice.
Judah is past it and Alexander seemed drained and looked much better since moving to 147 and neither of those fights were robberies.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #23
Little Pea
'A' grade boxing fan
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,881
vCash: 806
Default Re: Is Lucas Matthysse overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH_718 View Post
Just answer the ****ing question.
This is a stupid question.

You answered it perfectly (since its a stupid question).

You said "yes", like every body overrate him.

In fact there is about as much people who underrate him.

You people act like there is definite answers to these kind of questions.
Little Pea is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #24
Shrewd Operator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
Default Re: Is Lucas Matthysse overrated?

On here I find him to be somewhat overrated..
Shrewd Operator is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #25
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,740
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Lucas Matthysse overrated?

He's not overrated in my opinion. He belongs with the top 140 pounders and would give them all hell. He possesses power in both hands and has a solid chin. Good timing and balance, and maintains focus. Lucas was able to neutralize Alexander and Judas speed in some rounds by timing them. I had Lucas slightly ahead in both those fights deserving the win. He's a solid and strong fighter.
Atritionist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #26
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 9,547
vCash: 1644
Default Re: Is Lucas Matthysse overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Pea View Post
This is a stupid question.

You answered it perfectly (since its a stupid question).

You said "yes", like every body overrate him.

In fact there is about as much people who underrate him.

You people act like there is definite answers to these kind of questions.
I said yes because IN MY OPINION and from what I read on this forum he is being made out to be Superman.

The question is opinion based just because it doesn't say "in your opinion" doesn't mean it's not implied. Every ****ing boxing question like this or fastasy match is opinion based.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #27
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,769
vCash: 248
Default Re: Is Lucas Matthysse overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH_718 View Post
Some boxrec logic right here.


Please, I watched both fights and it's pretty obvious Matthysse, despite starting slow in both, deserved the nod. How many fighters lose by SD in the other guy's back yard legitimately? Not too often.
\
janeschicken is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #28
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,740
vCash: 330
Default Re: Is Lucas Matthysse overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH_718 View Post
Both close fights I had Alexander just winning and Judah just losing and Soto is a blown up fighter that could never beat world class guys at 130 yet jumped all the way to 140 and just got raped by a guy that he had no shot against. Plus Soto got overrated.

Matthyesse is very good but people are acting like he's unbeatable. He is overrated but it's not his fault. He COULD beat most guys at 140 but he could also get outboxed by a few and I honestly think Rios could slug with him and win. Rios is honestly faster and more skilled then Matthysse but no one will ever admit it because Rios sucks on this site.
i don't get your point?
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #29
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,740
vCash: 330
Default Re: Is Lucas Matthysse overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH_718 View Post
You scored it 114-113 LM but yet it's a robbery to think that someone can have it one round different? That's not a robbery thats a close fight and that what both LM vs Alexander/ Judah was. Close razor thin fights that could've gone either way.
the official decision matters not me personally. far as i'm concerned he did enough to win.

boxing is subjective, other's see it differently
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #30
weegriffin
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,121
vCash: 3275
Default Re: Is Lucas Matthysse overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH_718 View Post
Judah is past it and Alexander seemed drained and looked much better since moving to 147 and neither of those fights were robberies.
Alexander has looked better since moving up but the fighters that made him look bad are style wise harder match ups than he has had so far at 147 lbs.

Kotelnik, Bradley and Matthysse, were all hard match ups.

Matthysse main problem in the Judah fight and less so in the Alexander fight was he started slow and boxed with them, and then started to become more aggressive as the fights progressed, since then he seems to be looking to be aggressive from the first round.
weegriffin is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013