Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-23-2012, 06:10 PM   #31
pasky2000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Where are the idiots who said Dirrell doen't deserve a shot at Froch???

If we'd only base our judgment on skills alone, Dirrell would be the first one in line to face any champ at 168.

But after 1 fight against an ordinary journeyman in 2 1/2 years, I don't think Dirrell should get any favors coming his way.

He was given the chance to face Bute but wouldn't do it if he didn't have home advantage...

He was given the chance to face Stevenson for the mandatory spot within the IBF rankings, but refused for lack of time to prepare...

He didn't necessarily deserve these chances but he bluntly disregarded them. Froch doesn't owe him shit after all the tough fights he's been in.

Dirrell is easily the worst managed talent in boxing and they certainly don't deserve any freebies following the extremely poor judgment they've shown in the last 30 months or so...
pasky2000 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2012, 06:39 PM   #32
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Where are the idiots who said Dirrell doen't deserve a shot at Froch???

Froch knows Dirrel beat him and he won't fight him again.
MidniteProwler is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 06:51 PM   #33
tito44
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Dirrell who ran from froch for 12 rounds, embarrassed himself against AA, then clearly ducked Stevenson. He doesn't deserve a shot at anybody. He is a joke.
tito44 is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 06:52 PM   #34
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR BOXING View Post
Yusaf Mack lost to old Glenn Johnson. This is a waste of time for Froch. I don't like to see my favorite fighters wasting time in this meaningless fights knowing they are over 30 y.o
i like froch too, but this is a sham of a fight, the guy isnt even a super middleweight....i guess he will be for one fight and somehow be ranked high enough to warrant a world title shot. i dont mind shit fights, but but there is plenty of shit in frochs own weight division should he had wanted a gimmie....you also havent heard anyone saying how mack with "be drained" like Dawson , thats all these ****s talked about when Ward beat him
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #35
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteProwler View Post
Froch knows Dirrel beat him and he won't fight him again.
hard to take a champs title when youre in reverse not throwing any punches
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #36
D-Wreck
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 912
Default Where are the idiots who said Dirrell doen't deserve a shot at Froch???

God I love the Dirrell fanboys!!! Even though he hasn't been relevant for 2 1/2 years......

"He should be super-middleweight lineal champion cause he has the best boxing skills EVER!!!"

D-Wreck is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #37
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

so let me get this straight....froch wont fight dirrell again....yet dirrell apparently wont fight ANYONE again....what a waste
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #38
WatchfortheHook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1894

Dirrell has fought fought like 1 1/2 ROUNDS in 2 1/2 years.

He doesn't deserve a championship fight, he was lucky that no one ahead of him was available/wanted to fight Stevenson for the #1 contender spot for Froch's belt....to which he accepted....and then promptly backed out of.
WatchfortheHook is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #39
des3995
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 6235

Dirrell hasn't actually been making much of a case for himself. Pretty much not fighting at all for 2 years is not going to put you i the drivers seat or let you make any demands. Now it may not be his fault he is in that position, but it certainly isn't Froch's fault.

As for Mack getting the chance, it is simply a stay busy fight for Froch, make some money while Bute tries to reset for the rematch. I don't see much of a problem with it. Or any at all for that matter.
des3995 is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #40
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxalot View Post
Froch won the fight.

You can't come to a respected champions backyard, run, fall on the floor, not throw any punches and expect to win. That was a learning night for Dirrell.

Didnt Dirrell hurt froch in the 11th?, had froch take a few steps back if i remember correctly.

froch didnt hurt him once.

Mayweather would have a loss on his resume if he decided to travel to a champions back yard when he use to be on his bike.

dirrell outboxed Froch, won atleast 6 round, Froch couldnt land shit.
raichu is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #41
BoneCollecter
Warrior Poet
ESB Full Member

Dirrels a good fighter but he really doesnt have a fighter disposition and for that reason he probably shouldnt really fight at all....
BoneCollecter is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #42
Elliot
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 634

Froch SD12 Dirrell.

You can say Dirrell deserved to win as much as you want, but the fact remains Froch got the nod and Dirrell has done nothing since.
Elliot is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #43
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Still, round by round scoring if there is no stoppage isn't it?
Vidic is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 11:55 PM   #44
Phill-Mitchell
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR BOXING View Post
you should be crucifying Yusaf Mack but i don't think i hear you bitching about Mack deserving anything
**** off
Phill-Mitchell is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2012, 11:56 PM   #45
Phill-Mitchell
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichu View Post
Didnt Dirrell hurt froch in the 11th?, had froch take a few steps back if i remember correctly.

froch didnt hurt him once.

Mayweather would have a loss on his resume if he decided to travel to a champions back yard when he use to be on his bike.

dirrell outboxed Froch, won atleast 6 round, Froch couldnt land shit.
Erm froch did hurt Dirrell, he knocked him into the ropes and flattened dirrells nose and gave him fat, blow job lips

Dirrell was bruised and bleeding while froch had nary a scratch (and froch always marks up, dirrells punches were not hitting and had no effect)
Phill-Mitchell is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum