boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #1
Genaro G
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960
Default Describe a moment in boxing that made you say, "Now thats why I love boxing."

I just wanted to say, the best moment is seeing these grown men brought to or nearly brought to tears in the middle of a ring after a hard fought victory. You can feel every moment of pain and joy in their life and yours as well, all in a matter of a few seconds.

Started thinking of this during the 4th episode of All Access, when they showed Ishe Smith winning his first world title. And Floyd handing him the belt. Thats what boxing is all about right there. One of the best stories ive heard lately. Boxing will be better off if guys like Floyd stick around. Mayweather Promotions, Golden Boy Promotions, Miguel Cotto Promotions and Canelo Promotions. Thats the new generation of boxing.

Last edited by Genaro G; 05-03-2013 at 09:24 PM.
Genaro G is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
xRedx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2001
Default Re: Floyd about to cry

Yeah those guys are going to do good things. Hope they bring down the alphabet organizations too and have one belt per weight class.
xRedx is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #3
BagsWithDust
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

I like to see their happiness when they win, shows their hard work pays off.

I remember floyd crying after he beat gatti
BagsWithDust is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #4
illwill007
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genaro G View Post
Bet you thought this was about Mayweather Guerrero huh?

Nah i just wanted to say, the best moment is seeing these grown men brought to or nearly brought to tears in the middle of a ring after a hard fought victory. You can feel every moment of pain and joy in their life and yours as well, all in a matter of a few seconds.

Started thinking of this during the 4th episode of All Access, when they showed Ishe Smith winning his first world title. And Floyd handing him the belt. Thats what boxing is all about right there. One of the best stories ive heard lately. Boxing will be better off if guys like Floyd stick around. Mayweather Promotions, Golden Boy Promotions, Miguel Cotto Promotions and Canelo Promotions. Thats the new generation of boxing.
It shows that its more than just the money. Im very happy for Ishe.
illwill007 is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #5
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

It was a touching moment, indeed. Considering everything Ishe had been through, it was definitely one of the most satisfying moments in recent times within boxing. It's this and Floyd's helping out of fellow Olympian Nate Jones, that shows that under it all, Mayweather actually gives a **** about people.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #6
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Quote:

Nah i just wanted to say, the best moment is seeing these grown men brought to or nearly brought to tears in the middle of a ring after a hard fought victory. You can feel every moment of pain and joy in their life and yours as well, all in a matter of a few seconds.

***** how can you pretend to not read my posts but before you were quoting everything

PERMA BAN BET
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #7
Genaro G
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawk888 View Post
It was a touching moment, indeed. Considering everything Ishe had been through, it was definitely one of the most satisfying moments in recent times within boxing. It's this and Floyd's helping out of fellow Olympian Nate Jones, that shows that under it all, Mayweather actually gives a **** about people.
Floyds a good guy. He may have got caught up in this new persona and lifestyle but hes a good dude, not perfect as everybody has had their low points, but a good dude. The future of boxing looks good with fighters like him passing the torch and guiding upcoming fighters careers.
Genaro G is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #8
Genaro G
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill007 View Post
It shows that its more than just the money. Im very happy for Ishe.
Now he can go through life saying "I did it, i became champion of the world." Was an impressive performance vs K9 as well. Good fight.
Genaro G is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #9
daprofessor
da legendary professor
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:

they have a lot to learn on the side of match making and grooming talent.

so far...golden boy has only produced abner mares.

sure...there have been other fighters under their banner that have won titles....but they weren't developed by gbp.

as for mayweather promotions...ishe wasn't groomed by mp. he was a complete product when he got there.

i'm not saying all this to **** on these guys...i'm just saying they have a lot to learn. putting on shows is the easy part. steering a fighter to the top is hard.
daprofessor is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #10
Genaro G
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daprofessor View Post

sure...there have been other fighters under their banner that have won titles....but they weren't developed by gbp.

as for mayweather promotions...ishe wasn't groomed by mp. he was a complete product when he got there.

i'm not saying all this to **** on these guys...i'm just saying they have a lot to learn. putting on shows is the easy part. steering a fighter to the top is hard.
Oh i agree. Top Rank is leagues above GBP when it comes to building a fighter and building mega-fights. Whether you like Bob Father or not, the man knows his boxing. Schaefer doesnt know **** about boxing. And DLH aint the brightest guy out there. Mayweather has a good shot at becoming a success as a promoter. Hes got the money, well he needs more i think but hes getting there, hes got the resources and the connections to make a huge impact in the sport. They all can learn a thing or two about promoting from the Bob Father.
Genaro G is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #11
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Loved the Smith sequence. Maybe the only good thing out of that series But I agree, the moments between fighters, and trainers, in and out of the ring. Oscar always had amazing in and out of the ring moments.

After stopping Vargas he runs and falls and Mayweather SR runs over and just hugs him and picks him up. I dont think he's ever even done that to Floyd Jr

In the 12th round against Mosley when there was a break, they both called eachother on from across the ring, stood the crowd up and met centre ring, touched gloves

...and went to war
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #12
fighter86
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Every Fighters cries & so do you ,who doesn't !!
fighter86 is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #13
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

Quote:
Oh i agree. Top Rank is leagues above GBP when it comes to building a fighter and building mega-fights. Whether you like Bob Father or not, the man knows his boxing. Schaefer doesnt know **** about boxing. And DLH aint the brightest guy out there. Mayweather has a good shot at becoming a success as a promoter. Hes got the money, well he needs more i think but hes getting there, hes got the resources and the connections to make a huge impact in the sport. They all can learn a thing or two about promoting from the Bob Father.
Pac is the last guy Top Rank actually built up. Who else is there? They absolutely ****ed Juanma and Gamboa up. Two huge talents with a big fanbase. Now look
Old 05-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #14
santiagoRedux
Your Parents Failed
ESB Senior Member

Hopefully Mayweather Promotions will obtain a license someday. You know, so they can stop faking it. I'm rooting for them.
santiagoRedux is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #15
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by daprofessor View Post

Canelo is a better built up fighter than Mares. GBP is lucky Mares is as good as he is, though.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum