Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #16
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 461
Default Re: Did Naseem Hamed used to spar a Heavyweight as part of his training?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma1 View Post
I heard about this, but I cannot find the proof. Did he actually used to spar a heavyweight? If so, that's crazy.
Sure he did and i heard he was taking punches from heavyweight like its nothing...
FilipMNE is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #17
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107
Default Re: Did Naseem Hamed used to spar a Heavyweight as part of his training?

From what I heard, he got dropped once by a HW and ended up breaking the HW's nose. In my 130 days I sparred 3 HWs one after the other. Sometimes they'd stop me once I remember blacking out with a monstrous uppercut other times I'd stop them.
elchivito is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #18
Dynamito_2012
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipMNE View Post
Sure he did and i heard he was taking punches from heavyweight like its nothing...
dude, I posted a video leading up to kevin kelley fight. hamed was sparring (not hard) with a british heavyweight. the guy said himself that hamed hit very hard. even emmanuel steward said in an interview that hamed was the hardest puncher pound for pound he'd ever trained. if he had trained properly for the Barrera fight, i am sure he would have won.
Dynamito_2012 is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 03:40 PM   #19
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamito_2012 View Post
dude, I posted a video leading up to kevin kelley fight. hamed was sparring (not hard) with a british heavyweight. the guy said himself that hamed hit very hard. even emmanuel steward said in an interview that hamed was the hardest puncher pound for pound he'd ever trained. if he had trained properly for the Barrera fight, i am sure he would have won.
Well i didnt think we are talking about champion sparring just body and heavyweight going easy...it was more playing than real sparring its just unrealistic to even think Nazeem could have spared with heavyweight he is really little!
About MAB fight i can just tell you **** off!!! I can stand ****ing Prince fans he was schooled by MAB and made to retire so please STFU, he got schooled so bad he fought some nobody and retired end of story. MAb beat him because he is BY FAR THE BEST fighter Naz ever fought, while he was able to KO and toy many of his opponents there were not even lose to MAB!!!
FilipMNE is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 03:50 PM   #20
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 920

He had a move around with Lennox Lewis at one point.
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #21
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
I disagree, Hamed was so technically flawed that Barrera would of still beat him. Barrera had studied Hamed and changed his style to exploit the Clown Prince. Naseem was unable to make any adjustments in that fight what so ever.
Atritionist is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 04:19 PM   #22
nastynas
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He sparred with Johnny Nelson, heavyweight who had a pretty lengthy run as a cruiserweight titlist. Wasn't all out of course, there's many different ways to spar.
nastynas is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #23
assasin
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

yeah, Clifton mitchell. he also used to spar with johnny nelson, ryan rhodes, and pele reed, among others.

they never did head shots in the wincobank gym, just to the body.
assasin is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #24
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipMNE View Post
Well i didnt think we are talking about champion sparring just body and heavyweight going easy...it was more playing than real sparring its just unrealistic to even think Nazeem could have spared with heavyweight he is really little!
About MAB fight i can just tell you **** off!!! I can stand ****ing Prince fans he was schooled by MAB and made to retire so please STFU, he got schooled so bad he fought some nobody and retired end of story. MAb beat him because he is BY FAR THE BEST fighter Naz ever fought, while he was able to KO and toy many of his opponents there were not even lose to MAB!!!
Clueless.
Joe.Boxer is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #25
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
He was definitely more than capable of beating anyone at his best, including MAB, EM or JMM.

Quite clearly he was nowhere near his best those last few fights, dunno whther it was not training right, the split with Ingle or what is was.

Fact is he was an Elite level fighter with a unique style in and out of the ring who lost once ever and it was on pts (probably 8-4) against an ATG when not at his best.

The haters will never recognise this but it's true.
theboy_racer is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2012, 01:47 AM   #26
bratwurzt
Whore
ESB Addict

Wouldn't be surprised if he knocked Pele Reid out, everyone else did.
bratwurzt is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2012, 02:49 AM   #27
Dark Sider
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 598

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastynas View Post
He sparred with Johnny Nelson, heavyweight who had a pretty lengthy run as a cruiserweight titlist. Wasn't all out of course, there's many different ways to spar.
This is the guy everyone is thinking of. In a book about Naseem, its rumored he kicked Jonny Nelson's ass.
Dark Sider is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum