Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Geale - Mundine II a bigger fight than Mundine - Green?
Yes 17 47.22%
No 19 52.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2012, 07:10 AM   #1
dominator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1397
Default Geale - Mundine II - A Bigger Fight than Mundine - Green?

Is the Daniel Geale - Anthony Mundine rematch a bigger fight than the Anthony Mundine - Danny Green clash back in 2006?

I would say as an event, the Mundine - Green clash won't be topped, given the animosity between the two built up over six years, plus the events in Perth on the dual main event they shared and the 30,000 crowd that packed an outdoor football stadium.

But as a fight, this arguably tops it given their classic first fight and the bout also being for a major world title.

That being said, despite not being for a world title, the Mundine - Green fight was a classic boxer - puncher affair, both fighters had tremendous followings and were top 5 ring magazine super middleweights.

Last edited by dominator; 10-22-2012 at 07:22 AM.
dominator is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #2
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Geale - Mundine II - A Bigger Fight than Mundine - Green?

i would have to say no in terms of public interest and just in the context of how much it divided people, green mundine bought out all sorts of social factors not related to the match, although this rematch is trying to do that i think green mundine was a perfect storm of events and i doubt it will be eclipsed anytime soon in the context of australian boxing grudge matches. Just as a side note, this match probably has more of an impact on the world scene.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 07:29 AM   #3
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
i would have to say no in terms of public interest and just in the context of how much it divided people, green mundine bought out all sorts of social factors not related to the match, although this rematch is trying to do that i think green mundine was a perfect storm of events and i doubt it will be eclipsed anytime soon in the context of australian boxing grudge matches. Just as a side note, this match probably has more of an impact on the world scene.
Well said.
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 07:32 AM   #4
dominator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1397

Quote:
Good post!

It did really divide people and a perfect storm of events is an apt way to describe it!
dominator is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 07:42 AM   #5
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 700

Quote:
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 07:56 AM   #6
Mr Packer

Crowd + PPV + Internet/media + public interest and the build up over years Mundine - Green was the biggest fight in Australian history.

Mundine-Geale is a great fight. Geale has 2 belts and good victories. Mundine is the talent that was never realised and now likely past it, but does he have something left like he says.
Mr Packer is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 08:02 AM   #7
crash
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Well said.
crash is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #8
team prettyboy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Packer View Post
Crowd + PPV + Internet/media + public interest and the build up over years Mundine - Green was the biggest fight in Australian history.

Mundine-Geale is a great fight. Geale has 2 belts and good victories. Mundine is the talent that was never realised and now likely past it, but does he have something left like he says.

packer i see your new to this forum.and i see your intelligent enough.to say.
Mundine is the talent that was never realised and now likely past it,
so why is he jumping in with GEALE.

I support 100% your post.so what is the intelligent answer?
team prettyboy is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #9
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Regard to Thread Title.

No, not even close
teke is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 04:12 PM   #10
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Saved us from typing.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #11
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Sums it up pretty well

Part of the reason Anthony Mundine finally went to the US was because his ability to sell here had fallen off so far, and regardless of Daniel Geale's world titles and the respect he is held in he hasn't got a following like Green had in 2006.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #12
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925

not, but its a fight both fighters need and a fight oz boxing needs... barry michael lester ellis all over again ??
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #13
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Sums it up pretty well

Part of the reason Anthony Mundine finally went to the US was because his ability to sell here had fallen off so far, and regardless of Daniel Geale's world titles and the respect he is held in he hasn't got a following like Green had in 2006.
PURE speculation once again from you, go sit in the corner with Mr HBO Doctor or provide some evidence
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #14
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

No. What daws said.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #15
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It's a bigger match in the world of boxing, titles on the line etc...
But for the general Aus population... No
whipsy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum