Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 10-25-2012, 07:05 AM   #16
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Dwight Muhammad Qawi vs Mathew Saad Muhammad. Saad never stood a chance.?

As has been said,Saad had been in so many ring wars by this time,and he'd always have lost to Qawi,anyway.
Stevie G is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #17
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Dwight Muhammad Qawi vs Mathew Saad Muhammad. Saad never stood a chance.?

On my copy before the 2nd fight Saad is being interviewed and discusses what happened in the first fight...he said that he was not focused...didn't train properly...but most importantly he wasn't sure that his heart was still in boxing. When asked if his heart was in it now (Prior to the 2nd fight), he seemed hesitant in answering...not sure if any of this pre fight hype is on you tube, and since I am technologically inept, I can't get it there.

As a fan of both guys, I personally think even at their best Qawi still beats him but likely to a decision.....but then again he wasn't called Miricle Matt for nothing!
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2012, 03:22 PM   #18
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan69 View Post
On my copy before the 2nd fight Saad is being interviewed and discusses what happened in the first fight...he said that he was not focused...didn't train properly...but most importantly he wasn't sure that his heart was still in boxing. When asked if his heart was in it now (Prior to the 2nd fight), he seemed hesitant in answering...not sure if any of this pre fight hype is on you tube, and since I am technologically inept, I can't get it there.

As a fan of both guys, I personally think even at their best Qawi still beats him but likely to a decision.....but then again he wasn't called Miricle Matt for nothing!
You got that right Philly..i wouldnt put anything past Qawi....Hes one tough cookie
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2012, 03:23 PM   #19
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

I wonder what a 3rd fight would have looked like?
Old 10-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #20
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
I wonder what a 3rd fight would have looked like?
At that point in saad's career, Qawi answered that question emphatically in the 2nd fight.
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #21
Saintpat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I, too, was a huge Matthew Saad fan at the time but I saw it coming a mile away. He was beginning to slip after all the wars and it was plain from Qawi's TV fights that his defense was going to give Saad problems -- just not an easy guy to hit cleanly. Spinks had fits with him too.

I was ringside, maybe 6 or 8 rows back, for Holyfield-Qawi I. What a war. Best fight I've ever seen live.
Saintpat is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #22
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Saad's previous wars were certainly a big factor, but I also think that with his "up and over the top" punching style, he was prime for the picking for a Qawi at any point in his career. Qawi could make himself even smaller than his 5'6", and roll away from those long punches Saad would always throw and explode upward with those vicious counter flurries before Saad could bring himself back into balance. It just wasn't gonna work for Saad, at any point. Terrible, terrible stylistic matchup.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #23
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

Qawi was a ****ing monster at 175.
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #24
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsanchezfan View Post
Saad's previous wars were certainly a big factor, but I also think that with his "up and over the top" punching style, he was prime for the picking for a Qawi at any point in his career. Qawi could make himself even smaller than his 5'6", and roll away from those long punches Saad would always throw and explode upward with those vicious counter flurries before Saad could bring himself back into balance. It just wasn't gonna work for Saad, at any point. Terrible, terrible stylistic matchup.

And for 5'6 he had some real power...
Old 10-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #25
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan69 View Post
At that point in saad's career, Qawi answered that question emphatically in the 2nd fight.

Your right!...a 3rd fight was unnecessary by all means...
Old 10-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #26
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDUUDDDEE View Post
Qawi was a ****ing monster at 175.

he was more of a monster at 190..A beast!
Old 10-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #27
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Not too many people are mentioning Qawi's Power for his size..
Old 10-25-2012, 10:09 PM   #28
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
he was more of a monster at 190..A beast!
Nah; he was much more fluid and slippery at 175, and his power meant more there.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #29
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsanchezfan View Post
Nah; he was much more fluid and slippery at 175, and his power meant more there.
He did have some power didnt he???????
Old 10-26-2012, 05:18 PM   #30
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

But he also fought at HW...And his power got him there

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum