Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #361
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666
Default Re: Was Calzaghe's masterclass V Roy Jones the most . . . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Its was an excuse he made for bitching out.
Show me medical records that he was seriously injured or you're just another dino victim like bailey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post

Once again, care to provide some proof to back up your claim that 'there was nothing wrong with Groves'? If you don't provide some proof, then we can conclude that I've taken you to the cleaners yet again

No proof? Game over dino, time you called it a night

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Yeah, you destroyed Dino. But be fair KO, Dino is arguably one of ESBs most pathetic posters, who wanders the pages absolutely clueless and unable to counter any points raised. 9 times out of 10, he just digs a hole for himself, like he has when trying to do battle with your good self.

Still fantastic first round KO to you

Salutations bailey
knockout artist is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #362
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 210

Quote:
Its was an excuse he made for bitching out.
Show me medical records that he was seriously injured or you're just another dino victim like bailey.

Dinos punch drunk.
Wake up Dino, its over KO Artist blasted you out
bailey is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #363
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

How can i provide proof of an injury he didn't have? You cant provide proof he had a serious injury.

You've been bested......again. Groves turned his back on a title shot. Ward creams Groves. Eat it.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #364
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666

Quote:
How can i provide proof of an injury he didn't have? You cant provide proof he had a serious injury.

You're not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed are you

Let me make it nice and simple for you:

- You made the accusation that Groves faked an injury to pull out of the fight with Stieglitz

- You've been asked to provide proof of said accusation, which is how it works, when you make an accusation, the burden of proof is on you.

Now we're still waiting for that proof, which you've tried your hardest to avoid providing - I wonder why?

Quote:
You've been bested......again. Groves turned his back on a title shot. Ward creams Groves. Eat it.

Not according to those who've been observing from the outside in

Quote:

Dinos punch drunk.
Wake up Dino, its over KO Artist blasted you out
knockout artist is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #365
Mind Reader
RIP Captain Phil
East Side Guru

vCash: 760

Wow..

Are we witnessing a complete mental, physical and emotional breakdown from bailey??

he has really gone off the deep end here.
Mind Reader is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #366
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 275

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
It was an amazing performance,
realsoulja is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #367
Mind Reader
RIP Captain Phil
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsoulja View Post

Prime Jones would have followed with a vicious left when Joe's nose was pointed at the lights.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #368
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind Reader View Post
Prime Jones would have followed with a vicious left when Joe's nose was pointed at the lights.
That is absolute bullshit my friend, you actually think a prime Roy Jones Jr would be able to land a "vicious" shot against slappy

This is what Joe Calzaghe himself thought about a fight with prime Roy Jones Jr.

Quote:
"I'm not chasing after Roy Jones. Be honest, Roy Jones is a good fighter and I don't want tough fights, I just want big money.

How can a prime RJJ land a "vicious" shot on slappy when Slappy wouldn't get in the ring with a prime RJJ. It is common sense.

However hypothetically, yes I agree if Joe Calzaghe had the balls and courage to fight a prime RJJ in the ring, a prime RJJ would have landed them vicious roided up shots on Calzaghe's gormless chops.
realsoulja is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #369
Mind Reader
RIP Captain Phil
East Side Guru

Quote:
That is absolute bullshit my friend, you actually think a prime Roy Jones Jr would be able to land a "vicious" shot against slappy

This is what Joe Calzaghe himself thought about a fight with prime Roy Jones Jr.

How can a prime RJJ land a "vicious" shot on slappy when Slappy wouldn't get in the ring with a prime RJJ. It is common sense.

However hypothetically, yes I agree if Joe Calzaghe had the balls and courage to fight a prime RJJ in the ring, a prime RJJ would have landed them vicious roided up shots on Calzaghe's gormless chops.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:45 AM   #370
Loudon
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Knockout,

Quote:
Hi Loudon, haha I'm really looking forward to the Alexander-Brook fight next month, I really hope Kell can pull off the upset in Detroit. I've got a lot of respect for him going over there, and taking on a good champion in Alexander, it's a hard fight which I think is 60-40 in Alexander's favour (hometown advantage). What do you think?
Hi mate,

I'm really looking forward to it too. I like Kell, he's a good lad. I've seen Devon a few times, and he's hot and cold. But I'm still not convinced that Kell can mix at elite level. He really struggled with Carson, and he's got a tough nights work ahead of him. I really hope he can do it, but I see the odds like you do.

Quote:
True, to be honest I was just posting it up to wind up kmac

Quote:
By the way, I've got one more to add

Wladimir Klitschko - lost to Corrie Sanders, who lost to Hasim Rahman, who lost to Holyfield, who lost to Toney, who lost to Jones, who lost to ..... Super Joe!
Ha! Bailey had a birthday yesterday. I've never seen him so excited.
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #371
skier47
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post
I wasn't disrespecting The Rock. I was disrespecting YOU and your BULLSHIT post that was embarrassing to read!

This one is nearly as bad.

Joe Calzaghe represents everything that is awesome about boxing? Ha!

Let's have a look.

He defended his Mickey Mouse WBO belt in the U.K. for the majority of his career.

He said he wasn't chasing Roy, and didn't want tough fights.

He refused the opportunity to go to America, when Lou DiBella had the door open for him.

He fought in one of the WEAKEST divisions in the 90's.

It took him 10 years to unify!

He wanted the crown jewels to face Roy, but wouldn't move up to 175, or go to America.

He told everyone he knew what his capabilities were.

He pulled out three times against Johnson.

He tried to pull out against Lacy.

Showtime called him no show Joe.

He told reporters that he'd chased Roy for 5 years, DESPITE the fact that he'd never fought in Roy's country, or his weight class.

He said a fight with Roy would be pointless in 2007.

He said the same again early 2008.

He then fought Roy, and tried to claim that it was a great win.

He stayed away from Roy his entire career, until Roy was finished at elite level.

And you think that represents everything GREAT about boxing?

You haven't got the intelligence to debate with me.
Wow, criticizing the great undefeated Joe Calzaghe for taking a few less than impressive opponents over his long, storied career. Roy Jones fought retired police officers and assorted cab drivers time after time and got knocked down in his prime by Lou del Valle. Joe humiliated Omar Sheika who was highly touted by Ring magazine within five rounds; the same Omar who had just defeated Glen Johnson. Jones in a craven display of cowardice refused to fight Dariusz Michalczewski describing him as a very dangerous opponent during a televised interview. Pathetic. Jones has been proven as a steroid cheat while Joe with his very average build obviously wouldn't know a steroid injection from a turnip. Tried to pull out of the Lacy fight.? Well when they fought he gave one of the great masterclass boxing displays in fistic history destroying Lacy forever. Joe was the fighter who twice came to America and dominated both Hopkins and Jones. He took the risk to go into enemy territory and emerged victorious to retire undefeated like Joe's hero, the great one, Rocky Marciano. I will agree with you on one point. My intelligence is superior but nowhere near as high as your opinion of yourself.
skier47 is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #372
skier47
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Someone please inject this guy with potassium chloride and then electrocute him.
Do you always threaten to kill or advocate the killing of people who disagree with your opinion? Two words son--ANGER MANAGEMENT!!!
skier47 is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #373
ELECTRIC GURU
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
What a stunning observation - We can safely conclude that all roads lead to Joe Calzaghe. Though it's been proven scientifically, I'm sure many will become insecure at this conclusion

Well its time to bring this terrific thread to a conclusion but first of all, congratulations to Bailey and Knockout Artist for completely dominating the thread with factual evidence in debate.

WHAT HAVE WE LEARNED IN THIS THREAD?

- There is no blueprint to beat Joe Calzaghe and there never will be

- All roads lead to Joe Calzaghe

With regards to the Calzaghe masterclass v Jones, we haved learnt?

- That Jones was fully adjusted back to 175

- His defeat to Calzaghe was sandwiched inbetween 5 wonderfull performances that were on equal level to Jones before he fought Tarver

- No amount of revisionism or hindsight from esb fanboys will overshadow the fact that Jones was strongly fancied to win this bout by a host of relevant and respected members of the boxing fraternity

- A near 37 year old Calzaghe had to overcome a number of obstacles standing in his way, bloated weight, brittle hands, fighting on foreign territory, low motivation problems etc

- Calzaghe was knocked down in the first round via an illegal forearm, the bias official should have rewarded Calzaghe 5 minutes to recover from such a cowardly act but amazingly Calzaghe rose to his feet at a count of just 3

- Calzaghe produced his trademark qualities in moments of danger - he went forward, didn't hold and fought fire with fire, as always producing his best when faced with moments of adversity

- By the 2nd round, Joe had already adapted to Roys speed and was clowning Jones dropping his head through Roy's guard

- By the 3rd round, Calzaghe was electrifying the crowd, clowning Jones with superior speed and boxing skills, whilst dodging Roys combinations via the use of tremendous footwork and superb lateral movement

- By round 4, Roy's best punches were having zero impact on Joe's iron chin, It was at this point that Roy knew he was in deep deep trouble.

- From the 5th round onwards, Joe toyed with Jones, taunting him with terrific showboating and delivering a boxing masterclass for the excited public to enjoy, the atmoshphere electric

From 8 onwards, Calzaghe sliced and diced Roy's face, cutting him to ribbons with delightfull combinations, putting on a show and enjoying himself in what he knew would be his last occasion in the squared circle

- By the 12th, Calzaghe was carrying Jones to the finish line out of sheer respect for his opponent, coasting to a landslide decision, with Emmanuel Steward purring at ringside over Calzaghe's incredible ability and ring IQ as Calzaghe amazingly finished his entire pro career undefeated with a resume that included wins over Eubank-Reid-Brewer-Mitchell-Woodhall-Lacy-Kessler-Bika-Hopkins-Jones

Thank you for your participation in the thread and your help in reaching the conclusions

Yours sincerly

ELECTRIC GURU

ELECTRIC GURU is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #374
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind Reader View Post
Wow..

Are we witnessing a complete mental, physical and emotional breakdown from bailey??

he has really gone off the deep end here.
Not sure how you came to that conclussion when all I have done is produced scientific facts that all roads lead to Calzaghe

Quote:

Just look at how all roads lead to Calzaghe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post
Knockout,

Hi mate,

I'm really looking forward to it too. I like Kell, he's a good lad. I've seen Devon a few times, and he's hot and cold. But I'm still not convinced that Kell can mix at elite level. He really struggled with Carson, and he's got a tough nights work ahead of him. I really hope he can do it, but I see the odds like you do.

Ha! Bailey had a birthday yesterday. I've never seen him so excited.
Dont let insecurities cloud your judgement Loudon
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELECTRIC GURU View Post
Well its time to bring this terrific thread to a conclusion but first of all, congratulations to Bailey and Knockout Artist for completely dominating the thread with factual evidence in debate.
Thank you Guru.
As we all know, factual evidence tends to remove those rose tinted glasses from gormless faces and stamp all over them, which is exactly what has happened here

Quote:
WHAT HAVE WE LEARNED IN THIS THREAD?

- There is no blueprint to beat Joe Calzaghe and there never will be

- All roads lead to Joe Calzaghe

Archie Moore - beaten by F Patterson, who was beaten by M Ali, who was beaten by Holmes, beaten by Holyfield, who was beaten by Toney, who was beaten by Jones, who was beaten by Calzaghe

Sugar Ray Robinson - beaten by J Archer, who was beaten by E Griffin, who was beaten by A Minter, who was beaten by T Sibon, who was beaten by F Tate, who was beaten by M Nunn, who was beaten by R Rocchigiani, who was beaten by C Eubank, who was beaten by Calzaghe

M Ali - beaten by Holmes, beaten by Holyfield, who was beaten by Toney, who was beaten by Jones, who was beaten by Calzaghe

Its true

Quote:
With regards to the Calzaghe masterclass v Jones, we haved learnt?

- That Jones was fully adjusted back to 175

- His defeat to Calzaghe was sandwiched inbetween 5 wonderfull performances that were on equal level to Jones before he fought Tarver

- No amount of revisionism or hindsight from esb fanboys will overshadow the fact that Jones was strongly fancied to win this bout by a host of relevant and respected members of the boxing fraternity

- A near 37 year old Calzaghe had to overcome a number of obstacles standing in his way, bloated weight, brittle hands, fighting on foreign territory, low motivation problems etc

- Calzaghe was knocked down in the first round via an illegal forearm, the bias official should have rewarded Calzaghe 5 minutes to recover from such a cowardly act but amazingly Calzaghe rose to his feet at a count of just 3

- Calzaghe produced his trademark qualities in moments of danger - he went forward, didn't hold and fought fire with fire, as always producing his best when faced with moments of adversity

- By the 2nd round, Joe had already adapted to Roys speed and was clowning Jones dropping his head through Roy's guard

- By the 3rd round, Calzaghe was electrifying the crowd, clowning Jones with superior speed and boxing skills, whilst dodging Roys combinations via the use of tremendous footwork and superb lateral movement

- By round 4, Roy's best punches were having zero impact on Joe's iron chin, It was at this point that Roy knew he was in deep deep trouble.

- From the 5th round onwards, Joe toyed with Jones, taunting him with terrific showboating and delivering a boxing masterclass for the excited public to enjoy, the atmoshphere electric

From 8 onwards, Calzaghe sliced and diced Roy's face, cutting him to ribbons with delightfull combinations, putting on a show and enjoying himself in what he knew would be his last occasion in the squared circle

- By the 12th, Calzaghe was carrying Jones to the finish line out of sheer respect for his opponent, coasting to a landslide decision, with Emmanuel Steward purring at ringside over Calzaghe's incredible ability and ring IQ as Calzaghe amazingly finished his entire pro career undefeated with a resume that included wins over Eubank-Reid-Brewer-Mitchell-Woodhall-Lacy-Kessler-Bika-Hopkins-Jones

Thank you for your participation in the thread and your help in reaching the conclusions

Yours sincerly

ELECTRIC GURU
bailey is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #375
Mind Reader
RIP Captain Phil
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier47 View Post
Wow, criticizing the great undefeated Joe Calzaghe for taking a few less than impressive opponents over his long, storied career. Roy Jones fought retired police officers and assorted cab drivers time after time and got knocked down in his prime by Lou del Valle. Joe humiliated Omar Sheika who was highly touted by Ring magazine within five rounds; the same Omar who had just defeated Glen Johnson. Jones in a craven display of cowardice refused to fight Dariusz Michalczewski describing him as a very dangerous opponent during a televised interview. Pathetic. Jones has been proven as a steroid cheat while Joe with his very average build obviously wouldn't know a steroid injection from a turnip. Tried to pull out of the Lacy fight.? Well when they fought he gave one of the great masterclass boxing displays in fistic history destroying Lacy forever. Joe was the fighter who twice came to America and dominated both Hopkins and Jones. He took the risk to go into enemy territory and emerged victorious to retire undefeated like Joe's hero, the great one, Rocky Marciano. I will agree with you on one point. My intelligence is superior but nowhere near as high as your opinion of yourself.

Care to name the cab drivers and police officers Roy fought time after time? Everyone loves to use that line, but then can never name all the cops and cab drivers...

Was Joe ever knocked down in his career? Lou Del Valle was a good southpaw,a top LHW contender and spared with Roy many times..He got into the ring very familiar with Roy, but got dominated anyway...Funny how Joe gets dropped but heroically gets up adjusts and dominates.. But when Roy does the same thing, people just point fingers and bash him for it.

How many good southpaws has Calzaghe fought? I read an article stating Joe didn't fancy fighting other southpaws... Roy didn't like it too much either, but he fought several... I just find it hard to imagine that such a long storied professional boxing career never ran into another good southpaw.

I think its funny too that Calzaghe never touched a PED because of his average build. For one, it is ignorant to think you know everything Joe has or has not put in his body, and for two look at James Toney, he was roided to his eyballs and a complete fatass.. Some builds are different naturally, genetics have much more to do with it, to suggest someone can't be on roids because they aren't ripped to the bone like Roy is foolish.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum