Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #136
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412
Default Re: Leonard Ellerbe should be a replacement @ HBO, I could see him being very articul

|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 11:56 PM   #137
NWS
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Leonard Ellerbe should be a replacement @ HBO, I could see him being very articul

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
youre the dumbest mother ****er around ....do you know that?
That's rude.
NWS is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2013, 09:05 PM   #138
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681

Well bump here

Floyd/Leonard/Money team recently moved to Showtime

So I don't think this is a possibility anymore. However, I still want to see Leonard do some boxing commentary.

He was an amateur boxer, been in the game for 17 years and was the str conditioning coach for Hasim Rahman and IS currently the Financial Advisor/CEO of Mayweather Promotions and s/c trainer for Floyd.

I still think he can do a good job.
MVC is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2013, 09:57 PM   #139
Beenie
Evolve already!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1389

Buboy > Ellerbe
Beenie is online now  Top
Old 03-21-2013, 11:22 PM   #140
kommieforniaglo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I agree

Leonard would great to bring in ratings the Homo***ual community is a demographic that has yet to be tapped into. He is the guy that can bring that audience. Good for boxing
kommieforniaglo is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2013, 11:23 PM   #141
pound
Coqui Radar
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

This is an all new level of FLOMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pound is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 12:20 AM   #142
vargasfan1985
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5133

MVC's obsession with Ellerbe is almost troubling, almost.
vargasfan1985 is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 01:50 AM   #143
xRedx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1306

It's hard to judge whether Ellerbe would be a good commentator since we haven't seen him break any fight down and explain details etc. You need to show some good examples of him breaking down fights for your claim to have some credibility.

Ellerbe would be very biased whenever a fighter affiliated with the Mayweather team would fight. Commentating is also not his area of expertise. He just manages Floyd, promotes his fights,supports, and helps Mayweather thats about it.

HBO also seem to like hiring former or current professional boxers as commentators since they have a lot of ring experience. Ellerbe has no professional boxing experience.

Overall it's a bad idea.
xRedx is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 01:59 AM   #144
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Ellerbe we need you posting on here not commentating!
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 02:05 AM   #145
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRedx View Post
It's hard to judge whether Ellerbe would be a good commentator since we haven't seen him break any fight down and explain details etc. You need to show some good examples of him breaking down fights for your claim to have some credibility.

Ellerbe would be very biased whenever a fighter affiliated with the Mayweather team would fight. Commentating is also not his area of expertise. He just manages Floyd, promotes his fights,supports, and helps Mayweather thats about it.

HBO also seem to like hiring former or current professional boxers as commentators since they have a lot of ring experience. Ellerbe has no professional boxing experience.

Overall it's a bad idea.
You're very biased towards the man. You're assuming the man is going to be biased towards May or his fighters if he does get the job. I doubt it.

He always conducts himself in a professional manner. And he's very smart

I'm sure he will do an amazing job. Rivaling Roy/Paulie etc etc. He may even do a better job than those two.
MVC is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 02:30 AM   #146
xRedx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
You're very biased towards the man. You're assuming the man is going to be biased towards May or his fighters if he does get the job. I doubt it.

He always conducts himself in a professional manner. And he's very smart

I'm sure he will do an amazing job. Rivaling Roy/Paulie etc etc. He may even do a better job than those two.
He is biased towards Mayweather, that's indisputable. He's said Mayweather is the greatest fighter of all time with a straight face and has never gone on record to say anything even remotely against Mayweather. Simply conducting yourself professionaly has no bearing on commentating abilities. You haven't addressed my other criticisms too. Ellerbe would not make a good commentator.
xRedx is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 02:36 AM   #147
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
He is biased towards Mayweather, that's indisputable. He's said Mayweather is the greatest fighter of all time with a straight face and has never gone on record to say anything even remotely against Mayweather. Simply conducting yourself professionaly has no bearing on commentating abilities. You haven't addressed my other criticisms too. Ellerbe would not make a good commentator.
He's only biased because he works for him.

I'm quite confident that if he really did get a commentating gig at HBO, he would conduct himself professionally-- be fair to all boxers.

Oh and yes he would be great for the job. I posted links to some of his interviews. He's a very articulate man with a great background in boxing

He was a great amateur boxer and knows much about the sport. 17 years in the game as a str/conditioning coach/financial advisor.

1. He worked as an S/C trainer for May/Rahman

2. He was a great amateur boxer

3. He is the CEO of Mayweather Promotions

4. He's the second assist to the #1 boxer on the planet

5. He's the financial advisor/resource manager of Floyd's team

6. He's been in the game for 17 years

7. He is a Harvard graduate

8. He's charismatic and has a good commentating voice. I'm dying to hear more of him.

He has all the qualities that you would want in a commentator.
MVC is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 02:38 AM   #148
xRedx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

did you go to mayweather boxing club before? if so how was it?
xRedx is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 02:43 AM   #149
xRedx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
He's only biased because he works for him.

I'm quite confident that if he really did get a commentating gig at HBO, he would conduct himself professionally-- be fair to all boxers.

Oh and yes he would be great for the job. I posted links to some of his interviews. He's a very articulate man with a great background in boxing

He was a great amateur boxer and knows much about the sport. 17 years in the game as a str/conditioning coach/financial advisor.

1. He worked as an S/C trainer for May/Rahman

2. He was a great amateur boxer

3. He is the CEO of Mayweather Promotions

4. He's the second assist to the #1 boxer on the planet

5. He's the financial advisor/resource manager of Floyd's team

6. He's been in the game for 17 years

7. He is a Harvard graduate

8. He's charismatic and has a good commentating voice. I'm dying to hear more of him.

He has all the qualities that you would want in a commentator.
he's a harvard graduate?! thats a suprise. what did he study.
xRedx is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 02:45 AM   #150
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
he's a harvard graduate?! thats a suprise. what did he study.
Absolutely no idea. I read it in an interview somewhere with Floyd when he was talking about Leonard.

I'm guessing something to do with accounting/finance/management or marketing.

If he didn't have a background in those subjects, I doubt Floyd would entrust him to handle his finances.

I also doubt Floyd would appoint him CEO
MVC is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum