Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 10-29-2012, 01:35 AM   #16
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551
Default Re: Tyson would have beaten George Foreman and heres why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTF View Post
Its greatly overatted he got rocked many times many near misses and Ali KOed him, Ali has no real power, the reason why he got by without being KOed much was because he KOed them before they could KO him.

Tyson had a better Chin, and I will correct my statement George forman had a better than average chin, but not great. Not as Good as Tysons.
The reason why foreman got rocked so much is because he took shots.(A very bad defence)

And ali "KOed" him because foreman was 100% totally gassed, it's the least brutal "ko" ever.
dyna is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2012, 01:40 AM   #17
Shake
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

So you brushed right by handspeed and decided to focus on chin to put Tyson over Foreman?

Foreman had a better chin than Tyson.
Shake is online now  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 02:02 AM   #18
Mega Lamps
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Disagree with almost all of the TS' statements. Foreman stops Tyson early, even Cus thought so.
Mega Lamps is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 02:04 AM   #19
Bollox
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

The biggest factor here is Tyson's mindset. I don't think he was too interested in fighting George at any time, 1974 or 1990. Therefore...game over
Bollox is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 02:16 AM   #20
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

The problem is the style. Mike was a sharper puncher than George but not a harder puncher. George was stronger. If this fight went any sort of distance it would be very close to the Bonecrusher fight where they are separated and Mike moves his head to get inside and George tries to land the uppercut and they clinch. I just think the style is an advantage to George who was strong and could take a decent punch long enough to land punches on Mike. George would not have been backing up, it would have been a test on both of them and the stronger guy would win.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 02:28 AM   #21
ecto55
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Location: a little sun-drenched vinyard 3 hours north by nor-west of Sydney, NSW, Australia...

In the interest of boxing, common sense and dare I say it - humanity, this thread needs to be deleted.

If it is possible for the moderators to delete the actual person behind the OMGWTF moniker also, I would be enternally grateful.
ecto55 is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 02:49 AM   #22
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecto55 View Post
In the interest of boxing, common sense and dare I say it - humanity, this thread needs to be deleted.

If it is possible for the moderators to delete the actual person behind the OMGWTF moniker also, I would be enternally grateful.
Agree with all of this.

Pathetic thread, dismal poster.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 03:02 AM   #23
DrBanzai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

LMAO at the Tyson nuthuggers. Bottom line is Tyson lost every fight that mattered, Tyson was just a step above a bum.

Prime or old fat Foreman would have KO's Tyson in 2 or less.
DrBanzai is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 03:23 AM   #24
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Tyson's defense was fundamentally sound. Very good mechanics, well schooled.

It wasn't, however, well timed or effective. Tyson got hit. A lot. Even by bums he blew away.

Tyson doesn't beat Foreman because he can't do what he needs to win: Avoid getting hit early and often. If Jesse Ferguson can land every other uppercut and right hand he threw early, I think George can connect with at least a similar frequency, and I don't think any heavyweight in history can absorb flush bombs from Foreman and not suffer serious adverse effects. Ali managed it, but he took his worst licks to the body, and fought entirely on the defensive. Tyson would be eat the big shit trying to come in and throw.

It's a fun fight, and Tyson is a beast, but there is such a thing as a nuclear style disadvantage. Ask Joe Frazier.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 03:29 AM   #25
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
Tyson's defense was fundamentally sound. Very good mechanics, well schooled.

It wasn't, however, well timed or effective. Tyson got hit. A lot. Even by bums he blew away.

Tyson doesn't beat Foreman because he can't do what he needs to win: Avoid getting hit early and often. If Jesse Ferguson can land every other uppercut and right hand he threw early, I think George can connect with at least a similar frequency, and I don't think any heavyweight in history can absorb flush bombs from Foreman and not suffer serious adverse effects. Ali managed it, but he took his worst licks to the body, and fought entirely on the defensive. Tyson would be eat the big shit trying to come in and throw.

It's a fun fight, and Tyson is a beast, but there is such a thing as a nuclear style disadvantage. Ask Joe Frazier.
Damn straight.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 03:30 AM   #26
MadcapMaxie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Be sure to keep your boxing related threads in the General Forum from now on.
MadcapMaxie is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 03:49 AM   #27
doug.ie
'Classic Boxing Society'
East Side Guru

i've never considered foreman really slow like everyone else does...he wasnt that slow
doug.ie is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 04:05 AM   #28
OMGWTF
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 535

So you guys really think Tyson couldnt avoid foremans slow wide swings? With his epic head movement? You really think he couldnt get past a push get inside and KO foreman?
OMGWTF is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 04:12 AM   #29
MadcapMaxie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.ie View Post
i've never considered foreman really slow like everyone else does...he wasnt that slow
When it comes to puncher's alot of things get overlooked, I think it was Ali who said he was actually suprised how fast Foreman was, particularly in the centre of the ring when he wasn't loading up. He was also quite accurate with his punches, I don't recall Foreman missing much against Frazier or Norton. Also most think Foreman was very wild with his swinging but he could throw tight, short powerful punches like he showed against Frazier, if anything Tyson got more wild and winged his punches so much if he missed he wound up behind his opponent. It only looked worse on Foreman because he was slower and had much longer arms.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:19 AM   #30
MadcapMaxie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTF View Post
So you guys really think Tyson couldnt avoid foremans slow wide swings? With his epic head movement? You really think he couldnt get past a push get inside and KO foreman?
Foreman's swings weren't slow and for the most part he threw shorter punches, it was only when he had his man in trouble that he winged them because he got too excited. Tyson fought mid range and usually bob and weaved in very rythmic fashion and was susceptible to uppercuts. All these three things wouldn't bode well against Foreman because he fought at longer range, and was accurate with his punching and would almost certainly catch Tyson coming in, his head movement although quick was very 1-2-3, 3-2-1. Also even if Tyson did get past Foreman's punches and landed his own Foreman would be able to take alot of his shots with his chin and would in any case shove him back. Foreman did extremely well against shorter fighters.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum