Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #76
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sick to my back stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
i am smarter than you. and my girlfriend is better looking than yours. going to bed. night
Again, top insult. Go on, tell me how you've got a better life than me. That's your usual follow up.

You know the first definitely isn't true. You've no way of ever knowing the second, but you don't know anything about me. You never will.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2012, 08:14 PM   #77
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,720
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sick to my back stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Misinformed again, Rob. I watch a LOT of US news because the business I work for has a huge operation there. In fact, I probably see it more, and in more depth, that you ever will living there. I read most of the US papers a couple of times a week, I watch MSNBC, FOX, CNN, Bloomberg when I'm at my desk and seeing what's happening, and we get regular briefings from press analysts on the key political stories across the UK, US and Asia.

You are ill-informed because you know ****-all about what you're talking about. Seriously, look up Media Matters and their report on the representation of Democrats versus Republicans.

You think Sky or The Sun are pro-Obama? REALLY!?

This is the same Sky that nearly jizzed itself over Romney's debate performances and slated Obama's while ignoring how consistently Romney lied. This is the same Sky that nearly jizzed itself when the Israelis slaughtered innocent women and children in Palestine.
This is The Sun that lovingly described how impressive Romeny had been and cooed over Clint Eastwood's cameo at the conference.
your so clearly biased its unbelievable. Obama didn't tell any lies in the debates either.

also even the left wing press agreed that Romney won the debates.

my point is its not all about what you read and what you see on tv. its about real life experience which i have in the US and you don't.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #78
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,720
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sick to my back stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Again, top insult. Go on, tell me how you've got a better life than me. That's your usual follow up.

You know the first definitely isn't true. You've no way of ever knowing the second, but you don't know anything about me. You never will.
if your so smart why did you just spend the last hour of your life trying to argue with somebody you deem to be stupid.........because you have know life.

i do think your smart. i dont think it was a waste of my time, but it was yours.

fyi this is how i know.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Jonsey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:13 PM   #79
KidJackal
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dublin
Posts: 950
vCash: 2323
Default Re: Sick to my back stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
if you don't like football its because your not very good at it or you have serious issues....
Well I can hardly stand football these days and find. I wouldnt get excited for anything other than big international tournaments if Ireland are in them. That being said I was a quality footballer (not blowing my own horn) a few years ago, so unless I have "serious issues", you are an ignorant twat.
KidJackal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:28 PM   #80
glue glove
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,738
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sick to my back stomach

You can connect this from the Haye - Harrison fight.

The sheer hype and coverage of that fight was huge, it being on PPV and how so many media outlets were talking about it. Even us knowledgable fans got suckered in a bit too!

Then the 'fight' happened..... we all know what 'happened'.

The massive fallout for that was immense. So many people called up for their money back from such a disaster show. We had one and a half fights shown on the undercard before the main turd.

Sky were clearly rocked by the reaction. For the first time in a long time PPV was a bad factor. With Haye failing against Wladimir and Khan not being a big draw he believes and being on Primetime, they had to clean it up.

So they decided to drop PPV. This lead to ****** creating Boxnation and Khan throwing a hissy fit when his fight with McCloskey was 'downgraded'.

Out of all the promoters on Sky, Hearn by far gave the best shows and they're throwing their weight behind him. If its a success or not we will see, but we want more than Prizefighters.
glue glove is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #81
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 960
Default Re: Sick to my back stomach

Sky can't lay the ppv fiasco completely at the door of Haye, they were more than happy to put on piss poor undercards.

There should be 4 fights as a bare minimum, mag 7 raised the bar even if the eventual lineup was weaker than announced.
Marlow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:26 AM   #82
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cymru
Posts: 14,459
vCash: 172
Default Re: Sick to my back stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
if you don't like football its because your not very good at it or you have serious issues.
What a ****ing stupid statement.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:35 AM   #83
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sick to my back stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
if your so smart why did you just spend the last hour of your life trying to argue with somebody you deem to be stupid.........because you have know life.

i do think your smart. i dont think it was a waste of my time, but it was yours.

fyi this is how i know.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
That's not even my profile, you ****ing tube.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:52 AM   #84
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sick to my back stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
your so clearly biased its unbelievable. Obama didn't tell any lies in the debates either.

also even the left wing press agreed that Romney won the debates.

my point is its not all about what you read and what you see on tv. its about real life experience which i have in the US and you don't.
Em, that's not what we were discussing, Rob. But it does sum up why I find arguing with you so amusing - it's like you're made of jelly. As soon as one of your arguments get punctured, you reconstitute it into another argument which seems similar but is an entirely different point.

You said I hadn't watched as much US media as you and that is untrue. If your point is that I haven't lived in the US, you're right. But I have enough friends on both sides of the political spectrum to understand the attitudes towards the media. And that media analyst team - they're pretty helpful too!
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:53 AM   #85
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sick to my back stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilesey View Post
What a ****ing stupid statement.
It's cool, he's made a lot of them in this thread.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:46 AM   #86
flatulent_bob
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 476
vCash: 498
Default Re: Sick to my back stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
It's cool, he's made a lot of them in this thread.
Away from all this schoolyard bullshit it really is quite simple.
Hardly anyone subscribes to Sky Sports for Boxing, and the viewing figures for the run of the mill fights isn't great. Therefore SKY do not see it as worth paying big money for. Liking football or not is irrelevant, I would guess that at least 99% of subscribers do which is why so much is shown. Of that the majority subscribe just for football or should I say won't cancel if other sports are removed. Golf was the last big sport who thought they had a loyal following, that didn't pan out either when they tried to play hardball.
If boxing fans want more from Sky, viewing figures need to pick up, that's the only way that they will put more cards on. Another reason for my disappointment with Hatton going to a no mark channel. Hatton on 5 would have done big numbers and made SKY consider their position.

Last edited by flatulent_bob; 10-30-2012 at 04:58 AM.
flatulent_bob is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:58 AM   #87
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sick to my back stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatulent_bob View Post
Away from all this schoolyard bullshit it really is quite simple.
Hardly anyone subscribes to Sky Sports for Boxing, and the viewing figures for the run of the mill fights isn't great. Therefore SKY do not see it as worth paying big money for. Liking football or not is irrelevant, I would guess that at least 99% of subscribers do which is why so much is shown. Of that the majority subscribe just for football or should I say won't cancel if other sports are removed. Golf was the last big sport who thought they had a loyal following, that didn't pan out either when they tried to play hardball.
If boxing fans want more from Sky, viewing figures need to pick up, that's the only way that they will put more cards on. Another reason for my disappointment with Hatton going to a no mark channel. Hatton on 5 would have done big numbers and made SKY think.
Very true.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:21 AM   #88
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,341
vCash: 75
Default Re: Sick to my back stomach

What the feck happened to this thread?

For someone who proclaims that they are both smart and successful, Rob is doing a brilliant impression (if that's what it is ) of being a complete and utter retard.

Basically translated, blokes who don't like football are weird, and if you aren't a deranged lunatic like Murdoch you've no drive for success

Going back a stage, whilst Murdoch is clearly a very driven man, would control over what people read and people hear be that important to you that you'd basically change nationality?

Like David said, most of what's in the media is utter tripe, it appeals to the stereotypical EDL member or stereotypical benefit claimant.

''Foreigners coming in and taking our jobs - execute them all''

or

''Vile monster gorges on burgers and onion rings and plays snooker whilst you work hard for a living''

Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:31 AM   #89
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,720
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sick to my back stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Em, that's not what we were discussing, Rob. But it does sum up why I find arguing with you so amusing - it's like you're made of jelly. As soon as one of your arguments get punctured, you reconstitute it into another argument which seems similar but is an entirely different point.

You said I hadn't watched as much US media as you and that is untrue. If your point is that I haven't lived in the US, you're right. But I have enough friends on both sides of the political spectrum to understand the attitudes towards the media. And that media analyst team - they're pretty helpful too!
So you admit it your attitude is based on others people opinions and not your own?
Jonsey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:41 AM   #90
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sick to my back stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
So you admit it your attitude is based on others people opinions and not your own?
It's based on my observations and from speaking to people whose opinions I trust and respect. Obviously it can't be based on direct experience when I've not lived there.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013