Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Sick to my back stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
What the feck happened to this thread?

For someone who proclaims that they are both smart and successful, Rob is doing a brilliant impression (if that's what it is ) of being a complete and utter retard.

Basically translated, blokes who don't like football are weird, and if you aren't a deranged lunatic like Murdoch you've no drive for success

Going back a stage, whilst Murdoch is clearly a very driven man, would control over what people read and people hear be that important to you that you'd basically change nationality?

Like David said, most of what's in the media is utter tripe, it appeals to the stereotypical EDL member or stereotypical benefit claimant.

''Foreigners coming in and taking our jobs - execute them all''

or

''Vile monster gorges on burgers and onion rings and plays snooker whilst you work hard for a living''

I have allot of trouble putting my point accross on a page. First to acknowledge that. also people dont really know when to take a joke.

Regarding Murdoch I just don't see the issue with chaging nationality. Like I have said I am going to have to do the same thing in a few years time. He has been living and working and paying tax in the US for 10+ years by this time. I am pretty sure if you were in a simular situation where your buesiness depended on it, or being able to stay with your wife you would also consider becoming a US citizen.

In my expirience, I have never met a single English person who didn't like either football or rugby that I didn't find to be a strange person. If your in an office right now try and pick out the people you know don't follow one of those sports and ask yourself...

LOL had to laugh at the contradicion in your last point.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2012, 05:50 AM   #92
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
It's based on my observations and from speaking to people whose opinions I trust and respect. Obviously it can't be based on direct experience when I've not lived there.
fair enough mate. it just winds me up when I see this percieved attitude that Obama doesn't tell lies. which is BS and even a lazy amount of investigation will tell you that. just annoys me becuase I have seen first hand the negative effect his policies have had on people i love so its something i can get ammped up about.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 05:53 AM   #93
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Parkker View Post
That's what happens when you take away promoter competition and use just one promoter.
but there are other promoters. Hennesey has the 5 deal. Maloney and W*rren are on Box Nation. Hearn is on Sky.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 06:04 AM   #94
DarkDestroyer83
Lunatic biker
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
never met anybody who didn't like football that wasn't

a) strange
b) shit at sports

DFTaylor is both.
What about those of us who used to like it before it got taken over by overpaid play acting homo***uals?

Boxing is the only thing that keeps me with Sky Sports now since they got rid of the Superbikes and football went queer.

Ringside is a bit hit and miss too, sometimes excellent, other times it's crap.
DarkDestroyer83 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 06:07 AM   #95
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDestroyer83 View Post
What about those of us who used to like it before it got taken over by overpaid play acting homo***uals?

Boxing is the only thing that keeps me with Sky Sports now since they got rid of the Superbikes and football went queer.

Ringside is a bit hit and miss too, sometimes excellent, other times it's crap.
i rest my case.

ringside your right can be hit and miss. i think it trys a bit to hard sometimes.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 06:15 AM   #96
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
I have allot of trouble putting my point accross on a page. First to acknowledge that. also people dont really know when to take a joke.

Regarding Murdoch I just don't see the issue with chaging nationality. Like I have said I am going to have to do the same thing in a few years time. He has been living and working and paying tax in the US for 10+ years by this time. I am pretty sure if you were in a simular situation where your buesiness depended on it, or being able to stay with your wife you would also consider becoming a US citizen.

In my expirience, I have never met a single English person who didn't like either football or rugby that I didn't find to be a strange person. If your in an office right now try and pick out the people you know don't follow one of those sports and ask yourself...

LOL had to laugh at the contradicion in your last point.
I think the thing with Murdoch is that he's a control freak.

I consider myself to be quite a driven person, but at the age of 80 I'll happily be sunning myself and spoiling the grandkids.

My desire to control what people read, hear and thus believe would have gone a long time before that. There comes a point too where enough money is enough money - surely there can't be any reason to carry on working?

If it's a ''I'd get bored'' scenario, then take up philanthropy.

As for sports, I kinda get your point. You'd be ****ed up here though if you reckoned that everyone who didn't like football was weird. You'd be back down south in a flash.

Most people in Leeds and the surrounding areas aren't that interested in football, in all honesty.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 06:16 AM   #97
DarkDestroyer83
Lunatic biker
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
i rest my case.

ringside your right can be hit and miss. i think it trys a bit to hard sometimes.
You don't agree that modern football is a sport for gay people? Maybe it's just me but I preferred the days when it was random acts of thuggery rather than random acts of buggery.
DarkDestroyer83 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 06:19 AM   #98
oli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Sky have completely fell off
oli is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 06:21 AM   #99
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
I think the thing with Murdoch is that he's a control freak.

I consider myself to be quite a driven person, but at the age of 80 I'll happily be sunning myself and spoiling the grandkids.

My desire to control what people read, hear and thus believe would have gone a long time before that. There comes a point too where enough money is enough money - surely there can't be any reason to carry on working?

If it's a ''I'd get bored'' scenario, then take up philanthropy.

As for sports, I kinda get your point. You'd be ****ed up here though if you reckoned that everyone who didn't like football was weird. You'd be back down south in a flash.

Most people in Leeds and the surrounding areas aren't that interested in football, in all honesty.
well people are motiovated by two things. Power & Love. Like me your motivated by Love. Murdoch is motivated by Power. He is certainly not the only billionaire still working in there 80s.

Don't get me wrong I was never saying he was a great guy, just think he gets an unfair ride and is not all that different to most other people. more people are motivated by power than love from what I can see.

Good to see you understand what I was saying. I should have mentioned the rugby towns up north.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 06:23 AM   #100
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDestroyer83 View Post
You don't agree that modern football is a sport for gay people? Maybe it's just me but I preferred the days when it was random acts of thuggery rather than random acts of buggery.
I beleive that football has become a softer sport but I don't agree that its to the detroment of the sport.

regarding "i rest me case".....the homophobic and biggoted language you used make me see you as strange. so you fulfill one of my quotas.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 07:32 AM   #101
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict

thats me ****ed,i love boxing but i was shit at it,what the **** does that make me

and im with darkdestroyer, i also like his faggetry bigotry as well,football is full of benders,did you see how fast that 6f5" goalkeeper went down when that 5f5" 8stone 'thug' bitch slapped him,was like 2 transvestites having a
widdy is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 08:36 AM   #102
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Jonsey,

I have no personal issues with you, and despite the fact that I have found you to be a bit rude and judgemental in some of your posts towards me I do respect your right to an opinion and I also respect the way you try and at least explain why you hold such views.

However...........

You really need to step back and just look at some of the posts you have submitted on this particular thread.

You have been insulting and rude for no real reason, and you have attempted to use issues of a personal nature that have no bearing whatsoever on the conversation.

You have done this in an extremely childish and infantile manner, and I can see by many of your posts you are capable of better than that.

You know that a conversation between two adults has reached a low point when one of the parties starts throwing in lines such as "my girlfriend is better than yours" and "you're smelly".

I admit to using those lines myself in the past, they worked a treat, but then again I was only 11 or 12 years old.

I for one will never deny another an opinion, even if it is at the opposite end of the spectrum from my own, at the end of the day its about acknowledging the difference, explaining the reasons, and having the courtesy to at least listen to one another.

The level of generalisation and unfounded stereotyping in many of your comments is extreme.

There is no probelm with having an opinion and then sticking with it, but you seem to have the need to speak of your opinions as if they are facts and then insult those who disagree with the sort of language usually reserved for the playground.

Now I am sure that your instinct is to respond to my post in the manner that I am trying to illustrate, please try not to.

Go on Jonsey prove me wrong and show me that you can indeed be a reasoned and intelligent adult that has the ability to take criticism in a mature and rational way.

I'm pretty sure that I am not the only person who has felt this way reading this particular thread.

Cheers.
Michael300 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #103
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922

I've got to admit, Rob Palmer has been in poor form in this thread.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 09:00 AM   #104
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael300 View Post
Jonsey,

I have no personal issues with you, and despite the fact that I have found you to be a bit rude and judgemental in some of your posts towards me I do respect your right to an opinion and I also respect the way you try and at least explain why you hold such views.

However...........

You really need to step back and just look at some of the posts you have submitted on this particular thread.

You have been insulting and rude for no real reason, and you have attempted to use issues of a personal nature that have no bearing whatsoever on the conversation.

You have done this in an extremely childish and infantile manner, and I can see by many of your posts you are capable of better than that.

You know that a conversation between two adults has reached a low point when one of the parties starts throwing in lines such as "my girlfriend is better than yours" and "you're smelly".

I admit to using those lines myself in the past, they worked a treat, but then again I was only 11 or 12 years old.

I for one will never deny another an opinion, even if it is at the opposite end of the spectrum from my own, at the end of the day its about acknowledging the difference, explaining the reasons, and having the courtesy to at least listen to one another.

The level of generalisation and unfounded stereotyping in many of your comments is extreme.

There is no probelm with having an opinion and then sticking with it, but you seem to have the need to speak of your opinions as if they are facts and then insult those who disagree with the sort of language usually reserved for the playground.

Now I am sure that your instinct is to respond to my post in the manner that I am trying to illustrate, please try not to.

Go on Jonsey prove me wrong and show me that you can indeed be a reasoned and intelligent adult that has the ability to take criticism in a mature and rational way.

I'm pretty sure that I am not the only person who has felt this way reading this particular thread.

Cheers.
The only way you can deal with DFTaylor is that way. He doesn't accept anybodys point of view other that his own, he has to high an opinion of himself and he is always the first to throw out petty insults.

The only way to deal with him is to annoy him and bring the tone of the conversation down to childish insults until he goes away. It has worked before but he keeps on coming back for some reason despite feeling he is above everybody else.

With everyone else, its just banter and you can see most people saw it that way. with DFTaylor, he is just an annoying pompus twat. He will come on here and deny that. because he has no real emotional intelligence and is unable to accept or recognise what he is.

He isnt liked by me and plenty of other regular posters on this forum.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #105
Michael300
Fighting back.....
ESB Addict

Quote:
The only way you can deal with DFTaylor is that way. He doesn't accept anybodys point of view other that his own, he has to high an opinion of himself and he is always the first to throw out petty insults.

The only way to deal with him is to annoy him and bring the tone of the conversation down to childish insults until he goes away. It has worked before but he keeps on coming back for some reason despite feeling he is above everybody else.

With everyone else, its just banter and you can see most people saw it that way. with DFTaylor, he is just an annoying pompus twat. He will come on here and deny that. because he has no real emotional intelligence and is unable to accept or recognise what he is.

He isnt liked by me and plenty of other regular posters on this forum.

I can't speak for DFT, but personally I've never had a problem with him and have actually found him to be polite and knowledgeable.

There clearly is an issue between the two of you, certainly on your part, but don't lower yourself Jonsey.

As I said previously whilst I disagree with quite a bit of what you say (!) I don't have a problem with you, why should I you have never done me any harm, you have your opinions and you do your best to qualify them, for that I do respect you Jonsey.

But............

Just do yourself a favour and ease of on the generalisation and silly insults, you really are letting yourself down.
Michael300 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum