Old 06-28-2007, 05:16 AM   #76
skipdog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bodybuilding workout for boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingar
That's mostly just a bodybuilding myth (I lift 2 days on, 1 day off, BTW), based on a different method of training, which is split- and failuretraining. You'll see that weightlifters do different variations of the same exercises for several days in a row. The key is mostly not lifting to what is classified as "failure" in the bodybuilding world, which is just pumping out repetitions on a certain exercise till you can't do anymore, for almost every set.

Hehehe, what are your sources for this statement?
They're not a very necessary movement in any athletes strength program, but saying that they are "bad for you" is pretty farfetched, huh?
What is the source for the picture of a football player in your Avatar when you live in Norway? If thats you and you wear number 92 you would be a D End right? If so you should do a lot of curls along with everything else..
skipdog is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2007, 05:40 AM   #77
skipdog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
That's mostly just a bodybuilding myth (I lift 2 days on, 1 day off, BTW), based on a different method of training, which is split- and failuretraining. You'll see that weightlifters do different variations of the same exercises for several days in a row. The key is mostly not lifting to what is classified as "failure" in the bodybuilding world, which is just pumping out repetitions on a certain exercise till you can't do anymore, for almost every set.

Hehehe, what are your sources for this statement?
They're not a very necessary movement in any athletes strength program, but saying that they are "bad for you" is pretty farfetched, huh?
My source is personal experience.. I need to be told or read how things work? I hope thats not you on a Norwegian football team in that avatar of yours..
skipdog is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 05:42 AM   #78
Ingar
The Mean Machine
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog
What is the source for the picture of a football player in your Avatar when you live in Norway? If thats you and you wear number 92 you would be a D End right? If so you should do a lot of curls along with everything else..
We don't really have eligibility issues related to numbers here, I just picked up a jersey when I first started and have been wearing it ever since. I play RB/WR/S, I'm not a lineman-type.
Ingar is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 05:48 AM   #79
skipdog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

So you play football in Norway? College? Do they give scholarships? Bodybuilding and bicep curls are cool for football players who need lean mass, as are all the Olympic lifts, and any power move.... Do you box as well?
skipdog is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 05:51 AM   #80
Ingar
The Mean Machine
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Go do a bunch of bicep curls, then throw some hard jabs and tell me how you feel. Its a fact bro. Ya biceps helps lock your arm on a left hook or uppercuts but making them large will leave you ****ed...
What is a fact? Your bullshit statements you gathered from "personal experience"?

Like I wrote before in this thread in regards to improved bicep strength being necessary for best results:

(1) Faculty for Physical Culture, Belgrade, Yugoslavia
(2) Institute for Medical Research, P.O. Box 721, YU-11001 Belgrade, Yugoslavia

Six subjects performed rapid self-terminated elbow movements under different mechanical conditions prior to, and 5 weeks after an elbow extensor strengthening programme. Despite the large difference in the strengths of elbow flexors and extensors, the pretest did not demonstrate significant differences between the movement time of flexion and extension movements performed under the same mechanical conditions. The results obtained in the posttest demonstrated a decrease in movement time (i.e. an increase in movement speed) in both elbow flexion and extension movements under some mechanical conditions. In addition, flexion movements demonstrated a relative increase in the acceleration time (acceleration time as a proportion of the movement time). It was concluded that the strength of both the agonist and antagonist muscles was important for the performance of rapid movements.

Antagonists, i.e. muscles performing the opposite of a certain action on a certain limb, which means the bicep brachii is and antagonist of the triceps brachii, each play a huge role in both movements.

Then you also have the joint stability, if you're gonna increase strength and size in your triceps, you gotta do the same for the biceps to achieve optimal results as well as avoid injury.

Get your head out your ass and give me some real arguments, or shut the **** up.
Ingar is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 06:00 AM   #81
skipdog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
What is a fact? Your bullshit statements you gathered from "personal experience"?

Like I wrote before in this thread in regards to improved bicep strength being necessary for best results:

(1) Faculty for Physical Culture, Belgrade, Yugoslavia
(2) Institute for Medical Research, P.O. Box 721, YU-11001 Belgrade, Yugoslavia

Six subjects performed rapid self-terminated elbow movements under different mechanical conditions prior to, and 5 weeks after an elbow extensor strengthening programme. Despite the large difference in the strengths of elbow flexors and extensors, the pretest did not demonstrate significant differences between the movement time of flexion and extension movements performed under the same mechanical conditions. The results obtained in the posttest demonstrated a decrease in movement time (i.e. an increase in movement speed) in both elbow flexion and extension movements under some mechanical conditions. In addition, flexion movements demonstrated a relative increase in the acceleration time (acceleration time as a proportion of the movement time). It was concluded that the strength of both the agonist and antagonist muscles was important for the performance of rapid movements.

Antagonists, i.e. muscles performing the opposite of a certain action on a certain limb, which means the bicep brachii is and antagonist of the triceps brachii, each play a huge role in both movements.

Then you also have the joint stability, if you're gonna increase strength and size in your triceps, you gotta do the same for the biceps to achieve optimal results as well as avoid injury.

Get your head out your ass and give me some real arguments, or shut the **** up.
So you did not answer a single one of my questions yet kid... No need to get whiny. I will reply to your attempt to dis me.. When you answer my easy questions..
skipdog is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 06:16 AM   #82
skipdog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Ingar do you box? Do you play college football in Norway? I was not trying to dis you kid.. But I am going to own you in front of ESB if you do not continue this discussion. Im not into being talked to like that by anyone, especially scrawny Norwegian football players... We can talk rationally and logically. Or you can go **** the Yugoslavian horse you rode in on..
skipdog is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 06:24 AM   #83
Ingar
The Mean Machine
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Ingar do you box? Do you play college football in Norway? I was not trying to dis you kid.. But I am going to own you in front of ESB if you do not continue this discussion. Im not into being talked to like that by anyone, especially scrawny Norwegian football players... We can talk rationally and logically. Or you can go **** the Yugoslavian horse you rode in on..
I box, yeah, I play college football in Norway. I also thump your mom on occasions. Anything else you feel you need to know?

You're gonna own me if I don't continue this discussion?
Ingar is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 06:37 AM   #84
skipdog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Bring my mom into it now? I wish I had a worthwhile reason to visit Norway.. Would not be hard to find you. Cant be to many college football teams in Norway. This started by me saying curls and bodybuilding are bad for a boxer. You keep thinking you know it all because you quoted some Yugo scientist and yes you are scrawny... As well as a Nowegian football player? I think you have been owned way before this started... I played ball in Cali, I box... I lifted more weight in my life then Yugo scientist studying weights have written. You are like a mini me. I tried to be cool, and was willing to discuss the weights with you. Now I am going to break your balls every chance I get... **** you.
skipdog is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 07:02 AM   #85
Ingar
The Mean Machine
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Bring my mom into it now? I wish I had a worthwhile reason to visit Norway.. Would not be hard to find you. Cant be to many college football teams in Norway. This started by me saying curls and bodybuilding are bad for a boxer. You keep thinking you know it all because you quoted some Yugo scientist and yes you are scrawny... As well as a Nowegian football player? I think you have been owned way before this started... I played ball in Cali, I box... I lifted more weight in my life then Yugo scientist studying weights have written. You are like a mini me. I tried to be cool, and was willing to discuss the weights with you. Now I am going to break your balls every chance I get... **** you.
Hehehe, whatever. You were the one who started dissing, not me. I don't really care. If I hurt your feelings and you feel like you need to get back at me somehow, go for it. Whatever makes you sleep at night.
Ingar is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 09:10 AM   #86
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

skipdog i'm guessing you have not seen any of ingars boxing matches, he was a very good fighter with alot of power and speed, i have no idea why he stopped though i thought for sure he might be able to make it big.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 09:11 AM   #87
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

skipdog i dare you to own ingar in front of esb, i just dare you.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:57 AM   #88
Nwil
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
skipdog i dare you to own ingar in front of esb, i just dare you.
lol.
Nwil is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 11:02 AM   #89
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

ingar why did you quit boxing???

btw do you still have that video montage of you doing those crazy plyometrics where you rotate around after a clap push ups or something?
Old 06-28-2007, 11:19 AM   #90
Ingar
The Mean Machine
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
ingar why did you quit boxing???

btw do you still have that video montage of you doing those crazy plyometrics where you rotate around after a clap push ups or something?
I got fed up with the amateurs and the scoring system. It's just not my style, I hated getting in the ring feeling I need to fight both the system and the fighter on the other side.
That one gets the same score for pricking someone with a jab and knocking someone on the canvas is just surreal to me.
I could go directly to the pros, but I lost my motivation for that too, the heavy weight classes look so boring.
I'm preparing for MMA for the moment, personally I think I would like it more. At least all the boxing training won't have been a waste.

Here's the old montage.
I do "crazier" shit now though, 3-clap pushups and such. These only show 2-claps.

BORKED
Ingar is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing