Old 12-07-2012, 11:09 PM   #46
WatchfortheHook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1894
Default Re: Fight that never happened 2007: Jermain Taylor vs Edison Miranda

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe wrenched View Post
And that was a very decent version of Green as well. Also worth mentioning had there been about 5 more seconds Miranda would have gotten the KO that night

That was the very definition of "saved by the bell"

Meh. Allan Green looked pretty bad that night overall. I seem to recall him fighting as though he were trying to survive from early on in the fight. Also, he seemed totally confused that Miranda kept his right hand up to protect his jaw from Allan Green's hook. It was like Green was only banking on a left hook that night. He also freaked out the moment Edison Miranda started fighting a little dirty.

Of course in later years, Allan Green blamed his colon surgery, and even after he parted ways with John David Jackson, JDJ insists he wasn't the same after the surgery.....but then again, a lot of people say a lot of things in this sport.

And yeh, if that was a 12 round fight instead of a 10 rounder Green wouldn't have made it out.

Last edited by WatchfortheHook; 12-07-2012 at 11:56 PM.
WatchfortheHook is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #47
MrPR
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Taylor was always clearly threatened by Miranda back then . He knew Miranda was a big threat and he was well aware by the fact Miranda could knock him out cold any point during a fight . I love Jermain taylor , but I always felt he wanted no parts of Miranda . It's kind of similar to Manny/Floyd . Floyd is not intimidated by PAC in no way but he's very well aware that Manny is a risky opponent that could very likely hand him a loss so therefore he avoided him . Same thing with Taylor I always felt he avoided Miranda and it hurt me to admit that back then because like I said I loved taylor lol . Taylor would have played it safe and outboxed Miranda , using his speed advantage and I see Jermain even hurting Miranda and buckling him mid rnds , Jermain would be dominant in the first half of the fight, but then when Jermain begins to gasse like he typically does , Miranda will begin to smell blood and start to bully him against the ropes and then will unload his best shots on him . Sadly JT gets caught and TKOed while having a comfortable lead on all Scorecards . Miranda wins by 10rnd TKO . Jermain knew this would happen , pretty much the main reason why he never asked for this fight
MrPR is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2013, 12:49 AM   #48
MrPR
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pound View Post
IMO I think it would have been a WARRRR. A much better fight than JT vs Pavlik.
Yes it would have been entertaining fight . A fight that Taylor would look fast , superior , more skilled , dominant . Sadly Edison finishes him off late rnds after he fatigues .
MrPR is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2013, 01:11 AM   #49
Auracle21
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 13568

lol @ taylor being scared of Miranda. Pavlik destoyed Miranda and Taylor didnt have to worry about that. Then on Sept 29, 2007 Pavlik made history.
Auracle21 is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2013, 01:15 AM   #50
Super Hans
No clover in the foam
East Side Guru

vCash: 1133

I would have Taylor surviving a late surge, and be more or less out on his heet at the end of it to win a close UD.
Super Hans is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum