boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #46
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,342
vCash: 816
Default Re: Who had the best Chin ever? In total and P4P?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post

Shut up.


Why
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2012, 09:57 PM   #47
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Sea of Tranquility
Posts: 13,573
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who had the best Chin ever? In total and P4P?

Vitali's chin ranks right up there with the best. I think it's Chuvalo-like.
red cobra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #48
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Sea of Tranquility
Posts: 13,573
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who had the best Chin ever? In total and P4P?

Juan LaPorte.
red cobra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #49
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,356
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who had the best Chin ever? In total and P4P?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Why
You're picking on Carl. He was a great fighter, Robinson just had his number.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nzCPUhIpSU&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nzCPUhIpSU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCFzEPwnwtY&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCFzEPwnwtY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #50
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,342
vCash: 816
Default Re: Who had the best Chin ever? In total and P4P?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
You're picking on Carl. He was a great fighter, Robinson just had his number.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
I didn't say he wasn't ! Robinson just beat the **** out of him.

FWIW - Robinson's KOs over Lamotta and Fullmer alone should give him consideration for hitting harder at 160. I've championed this constantly
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #51
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,356
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who had the best Chin ever? In total and P4P?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
I didn't say he wasn't ! Robinson just beat the **** out of him.

FWIW - Robinson's KOs over Lamotta and Fullmer alone should give him consideration for hitting harder at 160. I've championed this constantly
Robinson's KO's in general should give him consideration as the #1 puncher of all-time if it's taken into consideration who you actually stopped. Not only are there several greats, hall of famers and numerous contenders, but some of them were partly known for getting stopped being filed under: Utter Rarity.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:56 PM   #52
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,342
vCash: 816
Default Re: Who had the best Chin ever? In total and P4P?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
Robinson's KO's in general should give him consideration as the #1 puncher of all-time if it's taken into consideration who you actually stopped. Not only are there several greats, hall of famers and numerous contenders, but some of them were partly known for getting stopped being filed under: Utter Rarity.
Loses points overall though for being unable to dent Gavs even though little Basilio and lightweight Williams made him lick the canvas.

I still have him top 10 though
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #53
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,356
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who had the best Chin ever? In total and P4P?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Loses points overall though for being unable to dent Gavs even though little Basilio and lightweight Williams made him lick the canvas.

I still have him top 10 though
Neither of them hurt him, it had far more to do with balance than anything. He had like 5 lbs on Williams who incidentally is a renowned puncher in his own right. Stop acting like Gavilan came in a 147 thoroughbred against little old Ike, who was peaking and stout as a mother****er.

LaMotta TKO13
Fullmer KO5
Zivic TKO10
Olson (x3) KO12, KO2, KO4
Turpin TKO10
Graziano KO3
Belloise TKO7
Villemain TKO9
Basora KO1
Costner (x2) KO1, KO1
Rindone (x2) TKO6, KO6
Jannazzo (x2) KO8, TKO2
Shapiro KO3
McDaniels TKO2
Doyle TKO8

To name a few off the top.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:22 PM   #54
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,342
vCash: 816
Default Re: Who had the best Chin ever? In total and P4P?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
Neither of them hurt him, it had far more to do with balance than anything. He had like 5 lbs on Williams who incidentally is a renowned puncher in his own right. Stop acting like Gavilan came in a 147 thoroughbred against little old Ike, who was peaking and stout as a mother****er.

LaMotta TKO13
Fullmer KO5
Zivic TKO10
Olson (x3) KO12, KO2, KO4
Turpin TKO10
Graziano KO3
Belloise TKO7
Villemain TKO9
Basora KO1
Costner (x2) KO1, KO1
Rindone (x2) TKO6, KO6
Jannazzo (x2) KO8, TKO2
Shapiro KO3
McDaniels TKO2
Doyle TKO8

To name a few off the top.
Yup. Top 10 worthy no damned doubt aboot it.
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #55
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,356
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who had the best Chin ever? In total and P4P?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Yup. Top 10 worthy no damned doubt aboot it.
Akin to saying, Michael Jordan was a Top 10 worthy shooting guard.

However the **** you wanna make it, son.

Wot Hand you want? Moving backwards or forward?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:45 PM   #56
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,342
vCash: 816
Default Re: Who had the best Chin ever? In total and P4P?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
Akin to saying, Michael Jordan was a Top 10 worthy shooting guard.

However the **** you wanna make it, son.

Wot Hand you want, son? Moving backward or forward?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Ray had everything else going for him. Iron chin, lightning hands, power, angles, combos.

The hardest punchers had nothing but to see them through, most of the time.
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #57
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,356
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who had the best Chin ever? In total and P4P?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Ray had everything else going for him. Iron chin, lightning hands, power, angles, combos.

The hardest punchers had nothing but to see them through, most of the time.
All instrumental to being a truly elite puncher, que no? As well as timing, accuracy, leverage, punch selection.. And his murderous body assault. Do you think Louis is routinely touted as one of the greatest punchers for power alone? Do you see why I dont think Shavers is worthy of holding Tyson's jockstrap, either? Separate ways of looking at it, I suppose.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #58
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,342
vCash: 816
Default Re: Who had the best Chin ever? In total and P4P?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
All instrumental to being a truly elite puncher, que no? As well as timing, accuracy, leverage, punch selection.. And his murderous body assault. Do you think Louis is routinely touted as one of the greatest punchers for power alone? Do you see why I dont think Shavers is worthy of holding Tyson's jockstrap, either? Separate ways of looking at it, I suppose.
Usually the question is P4P hardest puncher. Ray could maneuver and had the technique to use their force against them, leading them into a KO punch and throw crazy combo's to **** worlds up.

Other boxers it's all they had a lot of the time, cold ****ing guys because it's all they COULD too.

I rate them on a combination of both actually. And it's why bruisers like Foreman/Jackson and punching whiz's like Robinson/Moore made my top 10.
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #59
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,356
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who had the best Chin ever? In total and P4P?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Usually the question is P4P hardest puncher. Ray could maneuver and had the technique to use their force against them, leading them into a KO punch and throw crazy combo's to **** worlds up.

Other boxers it's all they had a lot of the time, cold ****ing guys because it's all they COULD too.

I rate them on a combination of both actually. And it's why bruisers like Foreman/Jackson and punching whiz's like Robinson/Moore made my top 10.
Well yeah, Power is definitely the constant and at the forefront, but I tend to take the 'hardest' out and just look at it from an overall puncher perspective. Power is a prerequisite. And since it is, I also rate George, Earnie et al. too, but just below a few others.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #60
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,342
vCash: 816
Default Re: Who had the best Chin ever? In total and P4P?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
Well yeah, Power is definitely the constant and at the forefront, but I tend to take the 'hardest' out and just look at it from an overall puncher perspective. Power is a prerequisite. And since it is, I also rate George, Earnie et al. too, but just below a few others.
Your top 10?
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015