Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 11:22 PM   #76
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,356
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who had the best Chin ever? In total and P4P?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
My 93 yr old grampa would love you. He believes Louis would bomb Ali out inside 7. He ****ing Loves Louis to no end We've argued forever on the fight. Showing him the Louis HBO documentary in the AM actually



Bless him.

He had it all. I think Tyson had the greatest combination of raw power and speed, but when you throw accuracy, technique into the picture it's Joe Louis. Textbook Bombs. One of the greatest combination punchers ever. Robinson was a lot more liberal and sleek with the way he went about it, his shots weren't as straight or short, but he could do pretty much as he pleased. Dexterous as hell in his own right.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2012, 11:50 PM   #77
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,356
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who had the best Chin ever? In total and P4P?

Quote:
Originally Posted by red cobra View Post
SRR's dispatch of Graziano is one of the most beautiful ko's ever IMO. It was so casual almost...effortless looking.
Would definitely agree there. I'm thinking Robinson was flush with embarrassment and controlled rage for the overhand right Graziano clocked and dropped him for a split second with not much more than a minute before the KO. That was actually a great little scrap while it lasted, numerous (furious) exchanges.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:56 PM   #78
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,342
vCash: 816
Default Re: Who had the best Chin ever? In total and P4P?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post


Bless him.

He had it all. I think Tyson had the greatest combination of raw power and speed, but when you throw accuracy, technique into the picture it's Joe Louis. Textbook Bombs. One of the greatest combination punchers ever. Robinson was a lot more liberal and sleek with the way he went about it, his shots weren't as straight or short, but he could do pretty much as he pleased. Dexterous as hell in his own right.
I'll pass them along

And both will never ever, leave my P4P punch list, not until I'm at least 93 anyways and we take over Burt on the forum.
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:02 AM   #79
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,356
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who had the best Chin ever? In total and P4P?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
I'll pass them along

And both will never ever, leave my P4P punch list, not until I'm at least 93 anyways and we take over Burt on the forum.
Better pass them along.

Crazy they died on the same day, eight years apart.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:09 AM   #80
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,342
vCash: 816
Default Re: Who had the best Chin ever? In total and P4P?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
Better pass them along.

Crazy they died on the same day, eight years apart.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:18 AM   #81
NoNeck
Pugilist Specialist
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,279
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who had the best Chin ever? In total and P4P?

Oliver McCall on both fronts. End thread.
NoNeck is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:51 AM   #82
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,356
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who had the best Chin ever? In total and P4P?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNeck View Post
Oliver McCall on both fronts. End thread.
Well, we were actually carrying on about ATG Punchers for the last few pages. Open Thread.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013