Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 10-29-2012, 10:03 PM   #1
OMGWTF
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 535
Default How to win the footwork war against a southapw (so to keep away from his power side)

So how to I make sure I stay where I can hit him with power shots and he has a harder time hitting me with them? (so keeping to the left)

Its like a dance of side steps left, diagonal steps left and pivots right to get realined at the mo, I left hook/swing him over to the side I want him also.

I also circle left while throwing multiple jabs.

How do I beat him foot work wise what other tactics are there?
OMGWTF is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #2
cambay411

vCash: 500
Default Re: How to win the footwork war against a southapw (so to keep away from his power si

You want to keep your lead foot on the outside of his lead foot. This puts you in line for straight rights but throws his angle off so he isnt at a good angle for straight lefts. Not as easy as it sounds but work on it.
cambay411 is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 10:32 PM   #3
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 253
Default Re: How to win the footwork war against a southapw (so to keep away from his power si

you spar with a southpaw and figure it out lol you sound like you do more talking on this forum than training by the number of useless threads you post due to the lack of patience of just learning how you should be learning and that's focusing on the basics.
r1p00pk is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #4
cambay411

OMGWTF, Rip has a point, for right now focus on what you know and work on developing your style but at the same time keep your technique sharp. Let your coach correct you and ask him any questions you have.

However dont be afraid to ask questions on here (or anywhere), its just alot better for a coach to explain and show you the proper technique rather than someone try to explain it on here in just words.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:01 AM   #5
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 253

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambay411 View Post
OMGWTF, Rip has a point, for right now focus on what you know and work on developing your style but at the same time keep your technique sharp. Let your coach correct you and ask him any questions you have.

However dont be afraid to ask questions on here (or anywhere), its just alot better for a coach to explain and show you the proper technique rather than someone try to explain it on here in just words.

yep honestly he's too stubborn, you don't learn in one night. As time goes by you make small improvements and have times where it just clicks to you. Anyone can explain what to do but practicing, learning the basics because he's new is what is best. He's overthinking, like who the **** cares just throw the punch and attempt it. Or try this, and that etc. You can ask about certain things but some of these threads no one can help you here as much as your coach.
r1p00pk is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 07:05 AM   #6
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

It depends on the fighter you're in with. Not every southpaw is the same and it doesn't make sense to try and apply the same tactic to every southpaw.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #7
death
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1687

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTF View Post
So how to I make sure I stay where I can hit him with power shots and he has a harder time hitting me with them? (so keeping to the left)

Its like a dance of side steps left, diagonal steps left and pivots right to get realined at the mo, I left hook/swing him over to the side I want him also.

I also circle left while throwing multiple jabs.

How do I beat him foot work wise what other tactics are there?
Probably shouldn't mention it but, a little foot stomping could do the trick.
death is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #8
cambay411

Quote:
Originally Posted by death View Post
Probably shouldn't mention it but, a little foot stomping could do the trick.

lol

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing