Old 12-31-2012, 09:37 AM   #91
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648
Default Re: JDS: " i can KnockOut Wladimir Klitschko"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Taking a Mixed Martial Artist and seeing how far he can go in Boxing... Okay, don't you understand how stupid that sounds?? Of zero substance this fantasy you General and Classic knuckleheads have.

It's interesting you ask because every Pro Boxer has crashed and burned before winning Titles in MMA, let alone defend. The Best in the World come from Muay Thai, JJ, Karate, and other Grappling backgrounds. Ffs, WWE Champ Brock Lesnar captured UFC Gold, but no Pro Boxers. Former Champ James Toney got humiliated by a man with zero chin. The poor prick thought he had a chance up until the minute he was choked out.

Now that is the big picture, on the eve of "Tonight JDS Will Prove Boxing is the Best Martial Art" my man Cigano is dominated for 25 minutes by a man with a Wrestling background... Outlanded, and fought everywhere on the mat... As if to say a pure Boxer could do any better? Child please, this is The World Stage.
James Toney had no punch and was more shot than randy was. A guy like toney is the perfect guy to send into boxing, got a bad style for it. If you saw the best in boxing go into MMA you would see many of them succeed as well, just as you see BJJ guys etc succeed but we won't see that happen for a very long time as unlike every other martial art there is enough money in boxing.
iceferg is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2012, 08:25 PM   #92
BadDog
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default lol @ Dos Santos saying he can beat Wladimir

I just saw the Dos Santos vs Velasquez II where Dos Santos just stands there with his hands down, no upper body movement and eats punch after punch. Wladimir would KO this bum in 2 seconds of round one.
If you guys wanna see the shittiest striker ever watch Dos Santos. What a bum.
BadDog is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 08:26 PM   #93
BadDog
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: lol @ Dos Santos saying he can beat Wladimir

Heres the link to this crap:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLkxa_nw6LQ[/ame]
BadDog is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 08:30 PM   #94
Jorrvaskr
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

i hate when they call the shitty striking in UFC "boxing"
Jorrvaskr is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 08:31 PM   #95
skoorydookatron
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1768

Who took it seriously even before that fight ?
skoorydookatron is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 08:32 PM   #96
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

I love boxing, have maximum respect for the fighters and the sport, have supplemented my MT skills heavily with boxing, so it’s safe to say I’m a fan. Boxing fans often talk about science and sure the sweet science is a beautiful thing to watch, but in the context of the argument getting made on this thread, the science is flawed. I’m not saying a top boxer can’t crossover to MMA and do well, at some time one probably will, but on the whole it ain’t gonna happen on a regular basis unless the boxer supplements heavily with MT & BJJ for quite sometime to unlearn all those “bad” habits. And that’s the point really isn’t it, the time it takes to make a boxer top quality is time NOT spent on the mat learning how to grapple or in Thailand learning how to clinch, knee, elbow and kick.

Good hands aren’t exclusive to boxing, they are core weapons to MT and even more so in K1 Kickboxing. This idea that only boxers know how to throw a punch is bit old hat and not true. Boxers struggle to beat Muay Thai fighters of equal caliber let alone MMA fighters and all the variables MMA fights bring to the table. The dynamics and “science” is just all wrong for a boxer. Boxers are ill equipped to defend against any strike other than a punch (you really don’t wanna be defending kicks with your arms!), but the most important issue all the boxing guys are missing is that due to being so heavily dependent on their hands their essential foot placement and the weight distribution between their feet makes them sitting ducks for a competent multi limbed striker like a Muay Thai fighter with a brutal low kick powerful straight knees.

This thread’s all very hypothetical, so lets look at a bit of fact:

The most high profile and quality boxer ever to fight MMA is the KO King Yodsanan Sityodtong (Yodsanan 3K Battery) a.k.a. “The Thai Tyson” WBA Super Featherweight Champ with a record of 58-3-1 (47KOs). He debuted in 2011 and has yet to set the MMA world alight. He is better placed than most boxers as he had a pro background in Muay Thai before he became a boxer. Nothing too great, he didn’t win a stadium belt, but he was a solid pro with dynamite hands.

Here he is fighting a quality MT fighter Bovy Sor Udomsorn. They fought twice with Bovy winning both times, dropping Yodsanan in the process and this is many years after Yod’s boxing debut. Bovy’s not a top tier fighter more like an MT version of Katsidis or Gatti, a warrior who’s always in good fights. Unfortunately this action packed round is all that’s available and you can see once the elbows & knees start sinking in the tide turns……and remember Yod’s got an MT background so imagine a boxer who doesn’t understand the complicated ”science” of MT!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQRb8jaujFg[/ame]

Now that leads us onto this MMA debut. It was the all round package of his eight limbed MT that won him the fight not his boxing.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XI1vI7gC6g[/ame]

Look what happens when a better grappler gets hold of him.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFN_IMjuWnw[/ame]

Make of it what you will, but he’s the best example of a quality boxer in the MMA ring we have. He’s better placed than most boxers cos of his deep MT background, but one things very clear it ain’t as easy to cross over to MMA as many have said it would be for a boxer. One thing many boxing fans don’t understand is just how fundamentally the addition of one extra weapon makes to the dynamic of a fight let alone 6 added on top of your fists and then with the ground game thrown in with 4oz gloves! I'd say that's a whole new aspect to the “sweet science”.

As I said before I think this “if a boxer crossed over to MMA……..” stuff is a bit of a red herring. IMO the best chance MMA fans have of seeing top quality striking in the cage is if more Thais or Thai trained foreigners crossed over. But truth is there’s enough money to be made in Thailand and Asia at the top tier of Muay Thai to keep the Thais away. (I can hear a huge sigh of relief form every western MMA fighter under 70kgs!)
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 08:39 PM   #97
BadDog
Contender
ESB Senior Member

yeah, Dos Santos is standing there like he is waiting for a bus and eating every punch.
BadDog is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 08:44 PM   #98
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1233

he's actually a pretty good striker for an MMA fighter
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 08:59 PM   #99
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDog View Post
Heres the link to this crap:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
These are the best heavyweight MMA fighters in the world?

kirk is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 09:03 PM   #100
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

JDS wouldnt beat Wlad in a boxing match if Wlad was wearing 16oz gloves and JDS mma gloves.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 09:10 PM   #101
Chex31
AttackingLikeASlickApache
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
These are the best heavyweight MMA fighters in the world?

Chex31 is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 09:31 PM   #102
BlueBottle
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I saw only one interview of Dos Santos. He sounds like a level head guy, maybe he just wants to be known as the heaviest hitter MMA by say that.
BlueBottle is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 09:33 PM   #103
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chex31 View Post
Im not shitting on them really, just dont seem to be of the calibre one would expect of the best of the best in MMA. I know they are still badass though.

Hopefully Overeem gets his chance soon at the two.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 09:36 PM   #104
Bald_Toad
Ring Title
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Dos Santos would obviously lose under the rules of boxing.
Bald_Toad is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2012, 09:37 PM   #105
Ole Mongoose
Journeyman

Entertaining fight but very unskilled.
Ole Mongoose is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum