Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default what is chauncy welliver worth now?

only local boxing fans know who he is. we know he was a bum who climbed the ratings scam by knocking over tomato cans. as soon as he fought a fighter with a pulse, he got KTFO. he then got smashed by a hopeless japanese fighter.

he has an unsellable body as a fighter. one look at him by joe average and he wouldnt believe he'd even had ONE fight!!! joe average would probably believe welliver is just a fat bullshit artist.

how does a real fighter and his manager sell welliver to the public? answer is he cant. all welliver is good for is tomato can status. a bum to KO in a pub or town hall.

we all know welliver was a pretender. he fooled the chinese.....which aint hard. i watched a card in china when i was over there teaching english. fair dinkum, they were HOPELESS!! i could have beaten them..litterally. yet the crowd was screaming and eating it up.

so welliver fooled the chinese, but he never fooled us. now that he has been officially exposed, what is this bum worth now?

tomato can status?
swingin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
Totalpac
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: what is chauncy welliver worth now?

Chauncy is a tough one.

Like it or not, he hasn't been stopped for a long time and from all accounts has a SOLID chin. So I think he has value in that it's not going to be an easy night for any fighter, will go into some late rounds.

Problem then is, it will probably be an ugly fight, sadly the shape Chauncy looks to be is all that will matter to the casual fan (whether he has the best cardio in the world won't matter) which then makes it's hard to imagine the fans being happy and therefore tough to promote.

But then Chauncy has shown he can pull some media strings which is a positive for a promoter.

For me I still like him as the best 'local' match up for Leapai, Demori, SBW or Browne, simply cause he will be hard to put away and put some much needed rounds under all their belts. No idea what he 'prices' himself at these days though, after Fujimoto and Williams I hope he realises his worth is now a little lower cause I would love to see him against any of the above 4.

Appreciate you posting here still Chauncy with all the shit you cop, you seem like a stand up guy and I wish you the best.
Totalpac is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #3
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totalpac View Post

Appreciate you posting here still Chauncy with all the shit you cop, you seem like a stand up guy and I wish you the best.
yeah, you gotta give the guy credit for the shit he cops. but then, he does bash old men for a living.......some people have a different RESPECT radar.

you respect demori, who is another old man basher, and total pretender, so your RESPECT RADAR is obviously suspect ...to say the least.

alex would bash BOTH demori AND welleater, on the same night. tag team, or one KO after another.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 06:16 PM   #4
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by andriy View Post
what's a backpacker 'teaching' english in china worth.

not much
10 years ago it was $250 pw usd. all accomidation, internet, breakfast free.

10years ago, $250 went a long way. it wasnt about making money, it was a cheap way of seeing china.

i went and saw the terracotta warriors, chinese pyramids (you didnt know that eh), and numerous other tourist stuff. the school provided a 'guide' for all trips to help with the language and safety etc.

it was conversational english, i didnt have to know chinese. they were 18-20 UNI students that could speak english, or at least could understand it, but needed to learn what to say in situations, like asking directions etc, or to hold a conversation.

the school supplied all the teahing material etc.

now i think you need a UNI degree or at least a TESL course ($2500).

but it was fun for about 6 months. google teach english in china, there would be thousands of jobs there. be prepared for not seeing the sky till you leave. its that smokey.
swingin is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum