boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
uranage
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 639
vCash: 500
Default Did you guys know that Vivian Harris retired? Was he a GOAT

Here is Harris statement, he retired on October -


“I would like to thank God and Jesus Christ for a great boxing career that I achieved the world title and defended it four times. After my fight last night I realize that I do not have the desire and hunger anymore because I am no longer performing in the ring to the best of my abilities that I have been blessed with. I wanna thank my family and friends that stayed with throughout my career and still believe in me and support me in my decision. I wanna thank everybody in the boxing world that have gave me the opportunities to become champion of the world and to have some greats fights that my fans will remember about me. I will be helping the next generation of boxers that have the desire to be the next champions of the world. God bless all of you and cheers as they say in England.”


Vivian Harris, the boxing equivalent of a two year old pint of milk….way past its sell by date. Never the same since Junior Witter beat the **** out of him.
_______
uranage is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #2
HoldMyBeer
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 6,183
vCash: 500
Default Re: Did you guys know that Vivian Harris retired? Was he a GOAT

i hear he was good at checkers
HoldMyBeer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:48 PM   #3
pound
Coqui Radar
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,373
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did you guys know that Vivian Harris retired? Was he a GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranage View Post
Here is Harris statement, he retired on October -


“I would like to thank God and Jesus Christ for a great boxing career that I achieved the world title and defended it four times. After my fight last night I realize that I do not have the desire and hunger anymore because I am no longer performing in the ring to the best of my abilities that I have been blessed with. I wanna thank my family and friends that stayed with throughout my career and still believe in me and support me in my decision. I wanna thank everybody in the boxing world that have gave me the opportunities to become champion of the world and to have some greats fights that my fans will remember about me. I will be helping the next generation of boxers that have the desire to be the next champions of the world. God bless all of you and cheers as they say in England.”


Vivian Harris, the boxing equivalent of a two year old pint of milk….way past its sell by date. Never the same since Junior Witter beat the **** out of him.
_______

Junior Witter???? You mean Carlos Maussa? LOL?

On a serious note I hope he enjoys his retirement. I love it when boxers retire. Knowing how brutal and life destroying the sport IS for ALL boxers involved.
pound is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links


Old 11-06-2012, 12:41 AM   #4
wutang
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 337
vCash: 75
Default Re: Did you guys know that Vivian Harris retired? Was he a GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pound View Post
Junior Witter???? You mean Carlos Maussa? LOL?

On a serious note I hope he enjoys his retirement. I love it when boxers retire. Knowing how brutal and life destroying the sport IS for ALL boxers involved.
he got knocked out by witter too

vivian harris seemed like he was going to make some noise after his two wins over otkay urkal. he seemed to have some solid fundamentals, and if i'm not mistaken called floyd out and claimed he was a bum. then he proceeded to get ktfo on the mayweather gatti undercard against maussa (who did nothing of significance afterwards) and never looked the same. i'm glad he retired because getting knocked out was becoming a habit of his. and some of his stoppage loses were concerning. between 2005 and 2012 he lost by knockout six times. he's lucky he still has his health and didn't up badly brain damaged or dead.
wutang is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:17 AM   #5
the commentator
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,536
vCash: 500
Default Re: Did you guys know that Vivian Harris retired? Was he a GOAT

had a lot of tools that he unfortunately failed to utilize. one of the few fighters the great manny steward failed to bring towards newer heights...
the commentator is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:20 AM   #6
HoldMyBeer
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 6,183
vCash: 500
Default Re: Did you guys know that Vivian Harris retired? Was he a GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by the commentator View Post
had a lot of tools that he unfortunately failed to utilize. one of the few fighters the great manny steward failed to bring towards newer heights...
..which for the massa fight i think steward has to take a large slice of responsibility
HoldMyBeer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:35 AM   #7
Saltzy
Bam-O
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,269
vCash: 300
Default Re: Did you guys know that Vivian Harris retired? Was he a GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
..which for the massa fight i think steward has to take a large slice of responsibility
Vivian made the mistake of burning all of his energy trting to make a statement by knocking out a guy who was too stupid to go down
Wasted all of his stamina early then got knocked out
Saltzy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:39 AM   #8
HoldMyBeer
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 6,183
vCash: 500
Default Re: Did you guys know that Vivian Harris retired? Was he a GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltzy View Post
Vivian made the mistake of burning all of his energy trting to make a statement by knocking out a guy who was too stupid to go down
Wasted all of his stamina early then got knocked out
not that much he didnt
he looked in shape alright, but something was badly out of synch with his conditioning that night

i aint making excuses for harris, he was never as good as he was touted to be, but he was way too lethargic
HoldMyBeer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:47 AM   #9
tliang1000
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,004
vCash: 82771
Default Re: Did you guys know that Vivian Harris retired? Was he a GOAT

I hate to be mean to the guy, but Glass chin and glass heart.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:51 AM   #10
wutang
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 337
vCash: 75
Default Re: Did you guys know that Vivian Harris retired? Was he a GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
I hate to be mean to the guy, but Glass chin and glass heart.
agreed. especially during the latter portion of his career. it started to get really sad.
wutang is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:11 AM   #11
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Where the sun spends the winter.
Posts: 19,127
vCash: 75
Default Re: Did you guys know that Vivian Harris retired? Was he a GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
..which for the massa fight i think steward has to take a large slice of responsibility

Did you even see that fight? Steward was yelling at Harris all night the correct stragedy but Harris took it as an insult that he couldnt trade with the guy blow for blow and did the very opposite of what Steward was telling him.

If Steward was at any fault it was for choosing to waste his time on an insecured psycho.
Boom_Boom is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:13 AM   #12
HoldMyBeer
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 6,183
vCash: 500
Default Re: Did you guys know that Vivian Harris retired? Was he a GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Boom View Post
Did you even see that fight? Steward was yelling at Harris all night the correct stragedy but Harris took it as an insult that he couldnt trade with the guy blow for blow and did the very opposite of what Steward was telling him.

If Steward was at any fault it was for choosing to waste his time on an insecured psycho.
like i said in a later post, its his conditioning which was off
harris made poor choices in the ring all on his own
HoldMyBeer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015